Questions about love, affection and human survival

Discussion for Christian perspectives on ethical issues such as abortion, euthanasia, sexuality, and so forth.
cubeus19
Established Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Questions about love, affection and human survival

Post by cubeus19 »

This question has to do with my concerns with marriage, dating, friendship, relationship and so on. I was wondering, from a Christian world view standpoint, can people not live long or survive long without love and affection from other people? I mean, is it possible for single people who live away from family, never communicate with their family, or (God forbid) do not have any family members alive or have lovers in their life, to live without being told or shown that they are loved? I say this because even though I still live close to my family, my family is rather cold and distant, they treat me kind and humanely, but they never try to show me any love and affection since I've become a grown adult. Because of the economy and my inability to find a large income, I haven't been able to find a potential wife and because of moral degradation among people in my age group and the fact that the very few good women in my age group are already married (Conservative Christian women from what I've seen tend to get married in their late teens early twenty's) I currently don't see myself ever settling down with a woman anytime soon. So to keep myself from dying young what possible source can I turn to for love? Since I have very few real friends (most of them are acquaintances or people whom I do business with) and today's Internet culture makes people more unfriendly, cold and impersonal and society seems to be getting more and more like that with every passing year. About the only option I know of is to turn to God for that love and affection, but how do I get Him to move in that area of my life? What do I do if somehow He wants me to just be strong than the average person and somehow endure the rest of my life without love? What if He does want to show me love and affection but I can never tap into it like many charismatic believers can? From some of my science study, I've been told that love or the feeling of love is a combination of certain chemicals in the brain (and I assume this is coming from a naturalistic perspective). But if somehow this is indeed a major factor, what are the chemicals and how do I properly and legally obtain them and properly ingest them? But I hope not to get that desperate, I hope you can offer me some ideas on how to either develop better social skills with people or better tap into one on one communication with God. Thank you and God bless.
Gabrielman
Advanced Senior Member

Re: Questions about love, affection and human survival

Post by Gabrielman »

cubeus19 wrote:This question has to do with my concerns with marriage, dating, friendship, relationship and so on. I was wondering, from a Christian world view standpoint, can people not live long or survive long without love and affection from other people? I mean, is it possible for single people who live away from family, never communicate with their family, or (God forbid) do not have any family members alive or have lovers in their life, to live without being told or shown that they are loved?
This would depend on the person, from what I can tell. But even then, no matter who you are, we were all made to love, God has made us that way, and even though it does not always happen from human kind, God will always love us.
cubeus19 wrote:I say this because even though I still live close to my family, my family is rather cold and distant, they treat me kind and humanely, but they never try to show me any love and affection since I've become a grown adult.
I have been through similar problems myself brother... I know your pain all too well. God has Blessed me since then though, and I will pray that He will Bless you as well.
y[-o<
cubeus19 wrote:Because of the economy and my inability to find a large income, I haven't been able to find a potential wife and because of moral degradation among people in my age group and the fact that the very few good women in my age group are already married (Conservative Christian women from what I've seen tend to get married in their late teens early twenty's) I currently don't see myself ever settling down with a woman anytime soon.
I am sorry to hear this, and I know exactly how you feel when you have to look at your own generation and see the double standards fly. They don't want you to be shallow, and yet they themselves are, and they want you to be rich, so they don't have to work. But trust me, there are good people out there. They are far and few between, but keep looking, you will find them brother, just keep looking and keep praying.
cubeus19 wrote:So to keep myself from dying young what possible source can I turn to for love?
Give it to God brother. Let Him fill you with His love and follow His will on your life and He will lead you to hope. Faith hope and love are the good things He gave us, but the greatest is LOVE!
cubeus19 wrote:About the only option I know of is to turn to God for that love and affection, but how do I get Him to move in that area of my life? What do I do if somehow He wants me to just be strong than the average person and somehow endure the rest of my life without love? What if He does want to show me love and affection but I can never tap into it like many charismatic believers can?
I am not sure entirely what to do, but given the situation, just put it all in His hands, and let Him work. Don't try to force it, but instead let it happen naturally. If you give yourself to God fully, and without trying to force your will on Him, He will open doors, so to speak. I have had to learn such things the hard way, and I had tried to force myself on God, eventually he just smacked me back down where I belong, but that was a good thing, it was a wake up call. He did that to move me to listen to Him better, and when I did so, He worked wonders in my life!

I will tell you that you are preaching to the choir, I know exactly how you feel brother! Feel free to pm me or email me if you want to talk about this in private. I have been there, I know your pain, I know your hurt, but I also know God saved me from that, and from what I had caused myself...

God Bless!
Once I was trapped in a perpetual night, without even a star to light the sky. Now I stand in the glory of the Son, and not even a faint shadow of darkness remains.
cubeus19
Established Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by cubeus19 »

Thank you greatly for helping me out with this Grabrielman, I'll try to apply those principles and see what God chooses to do in my life and go from there. Thanks again, God bless.
Gabrielman
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Gabrielman »

cubeus19 wrote:Thank you greatly for helping me out with this Grabrielman, I'll try to apply those principles and see what God chooses to do in my life and go from there. Thanks again, God bless.
No problem brother, it is the Lord who works through me, and if you want to talk about anything else, just let me know!

God Bless!!!!
Once I was trapped in a perpetual night, without even a star to light the sky. Now I stand in the glory of the Son, and not even a faint shadow of darkness remains.