Is it a sin to marry a minor?

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
Ryuzashi
Acquainted Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Is it a sin to marry a minor?

Post by Ryuzashi »

Lets say your 10 years older than her, and shes a minor... Even if her mother gives the ok... Is it still a sin? to marry her? or not?

Im married to a 17 year old and sometimes i feel like im a freak or something cause the age difference... *sigh*

I love her, im honest and loyal to her. But still i sometimes feel like im doing something wrong...
Gabrielman
Advanced Senior Member

Re: Is it a sin to marry a minor?

Post by Gabrielman »

Love overcomes all things. You are okay in my eyes bro. Remeber back in the Bible days the old men were married off to young women. If you love her, truly, then I see no problem. Who ever does see a problem, has a problem with love. You are lucky to find love, keep it, hold fast to it, and never let go. God bless!
P.S. Welcome to the forms!! :wave:
Once I was trapped in a perpetual night, without even a star to light the sky. Now I stand in the glory of the Son, and not even a faint shadow of darkness remains.
Ryuzashi
Acquainted Member

Post by Ryuzashi »

Ah... thanks for the quick reply, i appreciate it and yeah i will hold on to it =) Even though shes young... shes amazing.

Fan of Bleach i take it?
Gabrielman
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Gabrielman »

Ryuzashi wrote:Ah... thanks for the quick reply, i appreciate it and yeah i will hold on to it =) Even though shes young... shes amazing.

Fan of Bleach i take it?
You could say I am a fan! You one too?
I believe in love, and 10 years isn't much when it comes to love. I am happy for you, and I pray God blesses you both!!!!
Once I was trapped in a perpetual night, without even a star to light the sky. Now I stand in the glory of the Son, and not even a faint shadow of darkness remains.
Ryuzashi
Acquainted Member

Post by Ryuzashi »

Thanks alot, God bless you too =)

Yeah i'm a fan of Bleach too :ebiggrin: , I'm on episode 244 at the moment :)
I watch anime on my spare time, keeps me relaxed and out of trouble. :P
Gabrielman
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Gabrielman »

I just see it when it comes on tv, otherwise I read the manga. It has a lot of interesting symbolism in it! LOL, but that may be a topic for another thread!!! I hope you enjoy your time here on the forums. There are a lot of good people here!
Ryuzashi
Acquainted Member

Post by Ryuzashi »

Nice picture, yeah thanks bro... Im sure i will =)
cslewislover
Ultimate Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by cslewislover »

I don't think it's wrong, I guess. When did you get married, lol? It may be difficult in the long run, though. It's so young to get married; I wonder what her mom thought of that?
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis
Gabrielman
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Gabrielman »

cslewislover wrote:I don't think it's wrong, I guess. When did you get married, lol? It may be difficult in the long run, though. It's so young to get married; I wonder what her mom thought of that?
I can see why you would be concerned at a young marrying age, sure the mother would be sad that her little girl was growing up so fast, but I think it is good. I would think that getting married young would give the two of them time to grow with each other. They say it is better to be married young, casue as you get older you get more set in your ways. Then again I can claim no athority in the relationship catagory, so I may be wrong.
Ryuzashi
Acquainted Member

Post by Ryuzashi »

I got married on December 10? of 2008 i think lol >.<

At first her mom was freaked out about me when she found out of me, but with time she got to know me and knew i had good intensions and stuff so she calmed down lol

And yes its difficult ... and i guess that what i get for marrying someone so young, she still has much to learn but thats to be expected, she still young and has long years ahead of her. But i married her cause we had alot in common, cause we loved each other, cause she was honest and loyal to me.

To think we met online many states away and to think at her age, she was patient and waited for me... and believed in me. Its something amazing and something rare.

I know many girls online her age and older and the relations they have online dont last long.
So even though shes young and has much to learn... in her heart shes very mature, and i admire her for that.
cslewislover
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by cslewislover »

Ryuzashi wrote:I got married on December 10? of 2008 i think lol >.<
!!!! Lol? -- no comment --

So was she 16 then? Lol, sorry, just curious.
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis
Gabrielman
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Gabrielman »

Ryuzashi wrote: But i married her cause we had alot in common, cause we loved each other, cause she was honest and loyal to me.
:clap: Awsome! Love, I envy you, I won't lie!
Ryuzashi wrote:To think we met online many states away and to think at her age, she was patient and waited for me... and believed in me. Its something amazing and something rare.

I know many girls online her age and older and the relations they have online dont last long.
So even though shes young and has much to learn... in her heart shes very mature, and i admire her for that.
God works in mysterious ways. You are so lucky to find someone in this day and age. Truely you are blessed!
Ryuzashi wrote:I got married on December 10? of 2008 i think lol >.<
:pound:
Ryuzashi
Acquainted Member

Post by Ryuzashi »

She had turned 17 on December 8... lol

And yes we got married the 10th >.>
zoegirl
Old School
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by zoegirl »

When did the relationship start?

I just see such a huge difference between 17 and 27. I worry that in time the differences will show.

I guess if I were her mom I would have requested that you wait until she is at least 19 or twenty.
"And we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Jesus Christ"
Harry12345
Valued Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Harry12345 »

You can't marry somebody below the age of consent in your country - that's a sin.
If you're born once, you die twice; but if you're born twice, you die once.