Schwarzenegger legalizes gay marriage in California

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
ageofknowledge
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Schwarzenegger legalizes gay marriage in California

Post by ageofknowledge »

http://www.christianexaminer.com/Images ... 201109.pdf

Bottom line: Schwarzenegger signs two pro-gay bills which make it legal for homosexuals married in other states to have their "marriage" recognized as a legal marriage in California despite the voter's will approving a constitutional amendment against gay marriage last year (SB 54).

He's also paving the way for public school children to be forced to honor Harvey Milk by declaring each May 22 in his honor (SB 572).

It's also noteworthy that he signed 478 bills into law!

Devious this governor. Absolutely devious.
Gabrielman
Advanced Senior Member

Re: Schwarzenegger legalizes gay marriage in California

Post by Gabrielman »

The people have no voice anymore. They need to be heard, but the government is just sticking their fingers in thier ears and going :lalala: While we try and get our point across. This is a reason that actors should not be in office. Takeing back our rights by just telling them we don't agree, won't work very well. Fire them, the ones who need it anyway.
Once I was trapped in a perpetual night, without even a star to light the sky. Now I stand in the glory of the Son, and not even a faint shadow of darkness remains.
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Gabrielman wrote:This is a reason that actors should not be in office.
It seems he still is an actor... :P
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
cslewislover
Ultimate Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by cslewislover »

Gosh, I'm so tired of being here. What they teach in the public schools (and how bad they are - my son's friend's classroom has 35 students), how much we're being taxed (which I heard is going up), how much insurance and everything is . . . and the last few days we've had like an inversion that bugs my eyes - the air is thick with pollution, like mild fog. But the weather is generally nice . . . yeah, right, that somehow makes up for all the rest. I was already annoyed with some things going on here in California before I read this. :evil:
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis
ageofknowledge
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by ageofknowledge »

cslewislover wrote:Gosh, I'm so tired of being here. What they teach in the public schools (and how bad they are - my son's friend's classroom has 35 students), how much we're being taxed (which I heard is going up), how much insurance and everything is . . . and the last few days we've had like an inversion that bugs my eyes - the air is thick with pollution, like mild fog. But the weather is generally nice . . . yeah, right, that somehow makes up for all the rest. I was already annoyed with some things going on here in California before I read this. :evil:
That was NOT my intention posting this cs. Just relax in God's love. It's really not your concern. This is between Arnold and God and Arnold and the voters as a whole.
zoegirl
Old School

Post by zoegirl »

OCnsidering that she is a voter, then that would make it her concern. It's quite valid to be frustrated with the state of one's state or society in general. I would be concerned as well and I don't live there.
"And we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Jesus Christ"
Harry12345
Valued Member

Post by Harry12345 »

What about Ronald Reagan? :o

Incidentally, Ronald was the govenor of California as well... what's with California and actor govenors? :P
If you're born once, you die twice; but if you're born twice, you die once.
For_Narniaaa
Established Member

Post by For_Narniaaa »

This is such a shame because I remember at the beginning of his term Schwarzenegger was such a good governor...I think the Californians finally "broke" him. :ermm:

"Fear of the Lord is the foundation of true knowledge." ~Proverbs 1:7

"The God of the universe---the Creator of nitrogen and pine needles, galaxies and E-minor---loves you with a radical, unconditional, self-sacrificing love." ~Francis Chan

Banner credit: arwen-undomiel.com
cslewislover
Ultimate Member

Post by cslewislover »

ageofknowledge wrote:
cslewislover wrote:Gosh, I'm so tired of being here. What they teach in the public schools (and how bad they are - my son's friend's classroom has 35 students), how much we're being taxed (which I heard is going up), how much insurance and everything is . . . and the last few days we've had like an inversion that bugs my eyes - the air is thick with pollution, like mild fog. But the weather is generally nice . . . yeah, right, that somehow makes up for all the rest. I was already annoyed with some things going on here in California before I read this. :evil:
That was NOT my intention posting this cs. Just relax in God's love. It's really not your concern. This is between Arnold and God and Arnold and the voters as a whole.
Well, it's one reason my son doesn't go to public school though, with what they already teach kids about gays in the elementary grades. So I was reacting a lot to the Harvey Milk thing . . .
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis
ageofknowledge
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by ageofknowledge »

zoegirl wrote:OCnsidering that she is a voter, then that would make it her concern. It's quite valid to be frustrated with the state of one's state or society in general. I would be concerned as well and I don't live there.
True, I just don't want her to get overly stressed or have a physical ailment develop from all that's happening out here. She's WAY too nice of a person. That's why I advise relaxing and giving it over to God (after writing about 5 letters to all of your "representatives" of course).
ageofknowledge
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by ageofknowledge »

Harry12345 wrote:
What about Ronald Reagan? :o

Incidentally, Ronald was the govenor of California as well... what's with California and actor govenors? :P
I believe the problem lies with voters not taking on the responsibility to fix their own state instead looking for a Hollywood action hero to do it. In real life; however, those always let us down. As they should, since the responsibility ultimately lies with us.
touchingcloth
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by touchingcloth »

What's wrong with a Harvey Milk day?
Would you be opposed to an Alexander Twilight day, for example?
ageofknowledge
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by ageofknowledge »

touchingcloth wrote:What's wrong with a Harvey Milk day?
Or how about a Charles Manson day?

:shakehead:

Another problem with relativism is that it doesn't differentiate between bad behavior and a racial injustice that was righted.
touchingcloth
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by touchingcloth »

ageofknowledge wrote:
touchingcloth wrote:What's wrong with a Harvey Milk day?
Or how about a Charles Manson day?

:shakehead:

Another problem with relativism is that it doesn't differentiate between bad behavior and a racial injustice that was righted.
Milk was gay, Manson was a murderer. Where's the bad behaviour?
ageofknowledge
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by ageofknowledge »

You'll understand 100% when you stand before God on judgement day. In the meantime... you can use the search engine here to search on homosexuality and read why.

Charlie, by the way, was a homosexual predator in prison and a bisexual (which is a person who engages in homosexual behavior) outside of it. Interestingly 43% of serial murderers are homosexual. I'm not sure how many of the remaining 57% were bisexual. Off topic? Perhaps. I found it interesting though.