Flag Desecration

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)

Do you think Flag Desecration should be illegal?

Flag desecration should be legal
50%
Flag desecration should be illegal
50%

Total votes: 10

warhoop
Recognized Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Flag Desecration

Post by warhoop »

As a combat veteran, not just one who served in the military, I find flag burning abhorrent. But, and here's the rub, I fought for this nation. The supporters and the protesters; the flag burners and the non flag burners. So while I find it personally offensive and would prefer that flag burning didn't happen, that doesn't mean it should be illegal. On a personal note, burning, hanging, or otherwise desecrating in effigy I believe is far worse than flag burning.
cslewislover
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Flag Desecration

Post by cslewislover »

warhoop wrote:As a combat veteran, not just one who served in the military, I find flag burning abhorrent. But, and here's the rub, I fought for this nation. The supporters and the protesters; the flag burners and the non flag burners. So while I find it personally offensive and would prefer that flag burning didn't happen, that doesn't mean it should be illegal. On a personal note, burning, hanging, or otherwise desecrating in effigy I believe is far worse than flag burning.
^^
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis