IS THERE A MATHAMATICAL CODE TO THE BIBLE

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
GeekGirlGoneBlonde
Newbie Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

IS THERE A MATHAMATICAL CODE TO THE BIBLE

Post by GeekGirlGoneBlonde »

Anyone know about Bible Codes or has researched it?

To make a long story short ---I am "trying" to configure a website that has both English and Hebrew as an option...
The Hebrew language is a quasi-decimal numeral system that includes the Hebrew alphabet. ...... extremely interesting in terms of computations.... is an understatement.

The more I researched for the site, the more I saw that there is some type of mathematical code to the Hebrew language and as such am beginning to wonder is there a mathematical code to the Bible then--since it was first written in Hebrew?
Note: The Hebrew language originated out of the first 4 books of the Bible or Torah (Genesis-Deuteronomy).

This is my current position on the Bible Code I do believe there is a code but it's not necessarily used to “predict” future event (to prophesize future events) but to substantiate the TRIUNE'S EXISTENCE and CREATION. I see it as a further “declaration” of the Bible, Gods existence, and God being omnipresent, omniscience, omnipresent, etc. etc. Also a Declaration that Jesus Christ is the Son of God in the Torah Codes (Old Testament). Ultimately, should motivate a lot of Jews to start believing in the Son of God (Jesus Christ).

If mathematical concepts, principles, theories, and laws are applied to the Bible ---I really feel sorry for a lot of evolutionists. They will have to apply them as well to their theories...and no exception to Gaps.... since there are no "gaps" in mathematical equations.

In 2006, three new Torah Codes papers were published at the 18th International Conference on Pattern Recognition (ICPR'06). Nachum Bombach and Harold Gans presented "Patterns of Co-Linear Equidistant Letter Sequences and Verses", WRR author Eliyahu Rips and Art Levitt presented "The Twin Towers Cluster in Torah Codes", and Art Levitt published "Component Analysis of Torah Code Phrases". Each of the three works is supported by noted high technology entrepreneur Yuri Pikover, founder of Xylan (acquired in 1999 by Alcatel). Robert Aumann won the 2005 Nobel Prize in Economics in Game Theory also a supporter of the Bible Codes.

http://www.i18nguy.com/unicode/hebrew-numbers.html (very simple to understand)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bible_Code
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hebrew_square_script
http://www.torahcodes.net/new/pages/top.html
http://www.torahcodes.net/bombach.pdf
http://www.torahcodes.org/patterns/attachments.htm
http://www.ma.huji.ac.il/~raumann/working%20papers.htm

More to Come.....
Gman
Old School
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: IS THERE A MATHAMATICAL CODE TO THE BIBLE

Post by Gman »

This question comes up from time to time... I copied this from another post. I would be cautious about these Bible codes... I wouldn't hang your hat on the supposed logic of it.
michaelsheiser wrote:The fundamental premise of all Bible code research is that the every-letter sequence of the Hebrew text of the Old Testament has remained unaltered since God prompted the biblical authors to compose their documents. The actual manuscripts of the Hebrew Bible, however, inform us very plainly that no two manuscripts are identical, different versions of biblical books exist in those manuscripts (sometimes involving thousands of letters), and the scribes who transmitted the Hebrew text at times made mistakes in transmission, and left notes in their copies about suspect readings in the manuscripts. These data testify unequivocally that the preservation of the every-letter sequence of Hebrew letters is uncertain. The author introduces the English reader to these phenomena so as to visually demonstrate that the certitude of the every-letter sequence required for the Bible code to be real is a demonstrable myth.

To take one example of how the manuscript evidence entirely undermines the foundational premise of a Bible code, the Dead Sea Scrolls, our closest textual witnesses to the original Hebrew Old Testament, have a markedly different way of spelling. In just a few verses there might therefore be dozens of letter differences due only to spelling convention (recall in English the word “color” vs. “colour”). The Hebrew text used by Bible code researchers is much younger than the Dead Sea material, and does not account for the ancient spellings. The significance of this can be dramatically illustrated. One Bible code proponent, Grant Jeffrey, claims to have found dozens of coded names associated with Jesus in Isaiah 52:13-53:12, the Old Testament prophecy of a suffering Messiah. In just these fifteen verses, there are 115 letter differences between the text Jeffrey uses and the Dead Sea Great Isaiah Scroll because of spelling differences.

Here is a great book about it: http://www.michaelsheiser.com/nonfictio ... geBCM1.htm
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
GeekGirlGoneBlonde
Newbie Member

Thank you, Gman for responding…. I agree with you to be cautious about researching ---this topic. There is a lot of “crap” floating out on the Internet about it. In reference to the Michael S Heiser have you looked at his website? He is teaching heresy against God, Jesus Christ, the Bible, and the Church on his website. ---Christianity as Ufology---NO NO NO……. and NO AGAIN.
He is not a reliable source nor can I give his theory “Letter Differences in Isaiah 52:13-53:12” validation substantiation, or corroboration.
Not only did I review his “paper” because the quote is from The Great Isaiah Scroll (1QIsaa): A New Edition, ed. by Donald W. Parry and Elisha Qimron (Leiden: Brill, 1999). The key words “New Edition”. There is only one edition of the Isaiah Scroll of the Dead Sea Scrolls. So basically this paper is based on an interpretation of a “New Edition” by Donald W. Parry. In addition this not the Entire Book of Isaiah, nor is it a complete chapter, but excerpts of two chapters out of text……its bogus. My sources provide all the books (Torah) translated….which the Researchers got Nobel Peace Prizes for.
Did you review his website and what he believes..... especially his BLOG section? It is pretty funny. http://michaelsheiser.com/UFOReligions/about/
Some BLOG highlights:
“ET Meets Jesus Christ: A Hostile Encounter Between Science and Religion?” (LOGOS 10:2 (2007):69-94.—Logos Bible Software--- what the heck is the LOGOS Bible?!# Never heard of that translation.
“Theists in Favor of Directed Panspermia?” ---basically humankind comes from a germ--
UFOs: Physical or Metaphysical? Is the Answer Yes?
“Wacko Jihadist commands followers to convert aliens to Islam?”---I cracked up when I saw this Blog.....
He believes in a Divine Council — believes in an “Assembly of Gods”—who he believes are aliens-TOTALLY unbiblical —and is a cult—belief.
Oh it gets better look under “Categories”:
Alien Abductions
Aliens as Demons
Ancient (Non-Alien) Technology
Ancient Astronauts
MY SOURCE COME FROM NOBEL PEACE PRIZE WINNERS --- this paper or any of his papers I wouldn't even consider as being accurate nor can it be deemed as evidence/proof….PLEASE DO NOT USE HIS PAPERS AS A PRIMARY SOURCE…… Read his "other Papers”....you got to be kidding me--they are comical....
This Michael Heiser is a “fruitcake”, “quak”, “fool” possibly a Cult Leader, in my opinion.
In regards to the Logos Bible and “ancient language database” software is probably FALSE, UNTRUE, UNREAL. INCORRECT, WRONG, DISHONEST…..and most likely in his world “ARTIFICIAL” since most likely he believes in “ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE”…. E.T. PLEASE GO HOME!!!!
Since He wrote his paper on Isaiah I will use this verse to counter his paper which doesn't look like he translated:
I am the one who exposes the false prophets as liars by causing events to happen that are contrary to their predictions. I cause wise people to give bad advice, thus proving them to be fools. Isaiah 44:25 (NIV)

I=singular is NOT plural=a Single God “Yweh”. He (Michael Heiser) personally “translated/interpreted” as “Plural”since he believes in a Divine Council….. of Aliens. He did write a paper ---on the Divine Council....which can be deemed as heresy against Christianity.
My comment:
I hope in his next paper he translates it for himself....pause and wonder what he is doing? I suggest he read, translate, and interpret these verses:

"Beware of false prophets who come disguised as harmless sheep, but are really wolves that will tear you apart. Mathew 7:15 (NIV)
But there were also false prophets in Israel, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will cleverly teach their destructive heresies about God and even turn against their Master who bought them. Theirs will be a swift and terrible end. 2Peter 2:1 (NIV)

DO NOT USE HIS SOFTWARE ON THE BIBLE....THERE IS NO LOGOS TRANSLATION OF THE BIBLE.

THERE IS A SITE —EXCELLENT BIBLE RESOURCE TOOLS for studying the Bible that includes Hebrew and Greek Languages…. And it is accurate.
http://www.blueletterbible.org/index.cfm
Sowing Circle provides the site BLUE LETTER BIBLE and their Statement of Faith is located here:
http://sowingcircle.org/state.cfm
Michael Heiser Website Does NOT Provide A Statement Of Faith Like This Site Or Blueletterbible.Org….. I might add that it is imperative when researching Bible Codes that as a Christian researcher you MUST locate the Statement of Faith on a lot of Websites because a lot are false.
GMAN YOUR RIGHT IT IS IMPORTANT TO BE CAREFUL BUT PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS GUY, MICHAEL HEISER AS A RELIABLE SOURCE IN SUPPORTING THE BIBLE, CHRISTIANITY, OR THE TRIUNE. MICHAEL HESIER IS A HERIATIC IN MY OPINION.

More Info on Bible Codes in support of creation, Triune, and Bible I am working on……more to come later….. Including Dead Sea Scrolls…
cslewislover
Ultimate Member

Post by cslewislover »

Well, I'm looking into this, and the only thing I've seen so far is that Michael is presenting these things and not propounding them, like panspermia (which some people do believe, or want to believe) and the Whacko Jihadist thing. He thinks it's funny - he's not saying it's what he believes. I've only taken a short look so far, but that's what I get out of it.

Yeah, and the Logos Bible Software is software using many standard translations of the bible. It's just a tool, and probably a good one. I'd need to compare the softwares myself as I haven't looked into that lately.

Edit: Yes, he and the posters about the Jihad are making fun of them. And the ET and Jesus article is a scholarly one about science conflicting with religion - can people who are Christians believe that there might be other intelligent life in the universe - the reasons for and against and all, it looks like.
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

GeekGirlGoneBlonde wrote: GMAN YOUR RIGHT IT IS IMPORTANT TO BE CAREFUL BUT PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS GUY, MICHAEL HEISER AS A RELIABLE SOURCE IN SUPPORTING THE BIBLE, CHRISTIANITY, OR THE TRIUNE. MICHAEL HESIER IS A HERIATIC IN MY OPINION.
GeekGirlGoneBlonde,

Why is this now an attack on Hesier? I think you taking this a bit too far... First of all I don't endorse Michael Heiser and his beliefs... Second, don't be fearful in looking for truth... You just can't paint somebody with a wide brush and call them a hieratic and not look at what they are saying. Obviously I too would disagree with him on a number of issues, however on this point I agree with him, and it appears from your response that you do too...

So don't be frightened... Consider all things before you judge.

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
GeekGirlGoneBlonde
Newbie Member

Hi Gman
Im not "attacking" him --i'm just questioning him....on a lot that is posted on his website.
I was agreeing with you in reference on being cautious in regards to this "topic"....there is sooo much information out there..... at this time, I am focusing my attention on mathematical codes---I find it fascinating..... my attention is not on "bashing" Michael Heiser....I did emphasize it was my opinion that he is a heretic.... based on the dictionary definition of a heretic:
Heretic
Her"e*tic\, n. [L. haereticus, Gr. ? able to choose, heretical, fr. ? to take, choose: cf. F. h['e]r['e]tique. See Heresy.]

1. One who holds to a heresy; one who believes some doctrine contrary to the established faith or prevailing religion.

A man that is an heretic, after the first and second admonition, reject. --Titus iii. 10.

2. (R. C. Ch.) One who having made a profession of Christian belief, deliberately and pertinaciously refuses to believe one or more of the articles of faith "determined by the authority of the universal church." --Addis & Arnold.

Syn: Heretic, Schismatic, Sectarian.

Usage: A heretic is one whose errors are doctrinal, and usually of a malignant character, tending to subvert the true faith. A schismatic is one who creates a schism, or division in the church, on points of faith, discipline, practice, etc., usually for the sake of personal aggrandizement. A sectarian is one who originates or is an ardent adherent and advocate of a sect, or distinct organization, which separates from the main body of believers.

BUT I DON'T WANT TO FOCUS MY ATTENTION ON HIM ---Michael Heiser...... maybe later....though.... lol...... maybe another topic but not in this one...lol ---
I guess i do come across as harsh--and but by no means to you GMAN .... I respect your opinion and have read a lot of your replies on several topics. Once again your right I will keep an open mind.... and yes, you have to take bits and pieces from data from several sources on these mathematical codes. Unfortunately, in my opinion I can't use Michael Heiser as a reliable source to counter Nobel Peace Prize Winners. NO MORE ON HEISER---FROM ME.

I am still working on a response--First is my focus is on Probability Ratios--on the Jews existence throughout time....
My attention right now is on this Mathematical Code.... two approaches:
1) Probability Ratios of the Jewish People ("Nation", "Race") existing ---i am having problems defining them (Jews) as a civilization....definition of it. Maybe you can help me GMAN is the Jewish people considered historically, a civilization, a race, a nation, --there is a "grey line" in the interpretation..... I want to call the Jews a Civilization but I am not sure ---they have been deemed that? Any input.....
Probability Tests.... simply put, if I use standard Probability Tests ---the Jewish people, civilization, race, nation, should NOT of have existed over time---including their alpha-numeral system.... however, they did..... going against statistics BUT their language can easily be applied to statistical formulas, equations,.... that is the amazing part of it?!#

still gathering info on this:
However, Then you have the Hebrew Alpha-numeral language is absolutely fascinating....its almost perfect mathematically.....however, I believe before further research this I have to consider the history....and that this language was developed over 2500 years ago--yet its structure ("formulating ability") is incredible.... (2) Note: also there has to be a consideration between the Gregorian Calendar(Solar=gaps) and Hebrew Calendar (Luni-solar=fractions)---guess which one is more accurate ---the Hebrew Calendar--with a huge difference in years:
For example February 4, 2009 Wednesday corresponds to 10 Shvat, 5769 by the Hebrew Calendar
http://www.hebrewcalendar.net/htdocs/main.en.html
There is a 3,760 year difference between the two Calendar Systems..... I guess the most important part of researching the Mathematical codes--is that it originated out of an ancient "civilization" who's language can easily be interpreted via advanced technologies (math).....is mind boggling---or at least for my mind it is....to think that how a "simple, ancient," people could create such an alpha-numeral system that could withstand time and is further being substantiated with every advancement in Technology.....is unbelievable! The more I research I see the Divinity of the Bible. More to come....
GeekGirlGoneBlonde
Newbie Member

My belief on the Bible summed up in this poem.

The All-Sufficient Guide
The Bible contains the mind of God, the state of man, The way of salvation, the doom of sinners.
Its doctrines are holy, its precepts are binding, Its histories are true and its insights unsurpassed.
It is the traveler's map, the pilot's compass, The builder's blueprint.
It should fill the memory, rule the heart, And guide the feet.
It is studied by adults, understood by children, But enjoyed by all.
It is the power of God, the work of the Holy Spirit, And the glory of Christ.
It contains light to direct you, food to sustain you, And peace to comfort you.
It is our teacher now, our judge in the future,
And will be preserved forever.
Its value beyond pure gold, its taste above fresh honey,
And its advice above mighty kings.
Here paradise is restored, heaven is opened,
And the gates of Hell disclosed.
Read it to be wise, believe it to be safe,
And practice it to be holy.
Read it slowly, frequently... and prayerfully!
http://www.bible.ca/b-bible-timeline-re ... istory.htm
GeekGirlGoneBlonde
Newbie Member

The Bible is the Word of God? Consider the following:
To understand the theories of the possibilities of Mathematical Codes in the Bible review History of the Bible: How the Bible Came to Us.
http://www.godandscience.org/apologetic ... rigin.html
http://www.godandscience.org/apologetics/bibletru.html

THE POSSIBILITY OF A MATHEMATICAL CODE(S) IN THE BIBLE
Included in the Bible is the Torah. The Torah is the first 5 books of the Bible (Genesis-Deuteronomy) and it is the Primary Books of Judaism. According to both religions (Christianity and Judaism) these 5 books were given to Moses by God on Mount Sinai (Exodus 3). Thus, initializing the Hebrew Calendar System, Hebrew alpha-numerical writing system, how to write (transcribe) and preserve the Torah—“documentation process”, the laws, etc--these 4 areas I believe must be considered when understanding the possibility of mathematical code(s) in the Bible.
TIME --HEBREW CALENDAR SYSTEM
According to the Hebrew Torah (which initialized the Hebrew alpha-numeric system and Calendar System) Abraham was born 1,948 years after the biblical creation 812 BCE to 1637 BCE by Jewish dating and 543 years before the Exodus. As I stated before there are huge discrepancies in calculating days— between the Hebrew and Gregorian Calendar Systems—the problem is with the Gregorian Calendar System NOT the Hebrew Calendar System.

Issues---applying way too many calendar systems ---to the Torah… You can see the problems under Abraham---wikipeidia….under subsection Dating and Historicity http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abraham
It is soooo confusing!?# Nightmare!!!!!
Then add further confusion by comparing solar vs. luni-solar calendar systems.....
For example:
The Gregorian solar calendar is an arithmetical calendar. It counts days as the basic unit of time, grouping them into years of 365 or 366 days; and repeats completely every 146,097 days, which fill 400 years, and which also happens to be 20,871 seven-day weeks. Of these 400 years, 303 (the "common years") have 365 days, and 97 (the leap years) have 366 days. This gives an average year length of exactly 365.2425 days, or 365 days, 5 hours, 49 minutes and 12 seconds.

The Jewish calendar is a lunisolar calendar, or "fixed lunar year," based on twelve lunar months of twenty-nine or thirty days, with an intercalary lunar month added seven times every nineteen years (once every two to three years) to synchronize the twelve lunar cycles with the slightly longer solar year. Each Jewish lunar month starts with the new moon. Although originally the new lunar crescent had to be observed and certified by witnesses, the timing of the new moon is now determined mathematically.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hebrew_calendar Go to Structure

Though many will argue that the Gregorian Calendar is more accurate because it is based on an arithmetical calendar— however in the development of the Gregorian Calendar there were gaps in it (different starting points within the calendar itself). In contrast, the Hebrew Calendar has a singular starting point, there has been no adjustments nor variances since the Hebrew Calendar went into effect --I guess officially would it be when Moses walked down from Mt Sinai?!#

The Torah has several calendar “dates” related to the commandments and there are several commandments in keeping the calendar and the lunar cycle. Right now I keep asking the question Why and is their “unknown” importance in preserving the Calendar System and especially the Lunar Cycle?

I guess to appreciate the Hebrew Calendar is to look at the complexity of developing such a calendar that has withstood time…… with absolutely no changes or variations from the “time it was conceived or conjured up”—2000+ years ago.
Details of the Hebrew Calendar: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hebrew_calendar
Go to: Principles note the animation of the moon as it cycles...liberation libation of the moon. click on that animation and read on. Libration in longitude Libration in latitude Its origin is analogous to the way in which the seasons arise from Earth's revolution about the Sun. Everything in the Torah is integrated mathematically.
Interesting Factors of the Hebrew Calendar System:
The Jewish day is of no fixed length
There is no clock in the Jewish Scheme
--i dont quite understand the term "Jewish Scheme"
--I cant help but think of Infinity?!#
Then consider how the Jewish Calendar --Measures hours..... on how is described in the Torah.

Question: The Gregorian Calendar System can apply time based on its arithmetic system however, I can't help but wonder if the Hebrew Calendar can apply physics (Astro-physics)? Astro-physics in such disciplines as mechanics, electromagnetism, statistical mechanics, relativity, nuclear and particle physics, atomic and molecular physics
NOTE RECONSIDER THIS STATEMENT AFTER I POST THE GENETIC FACTOR OF THE JEWISH PEOPLE AND THE HEBREW LANGUAGE BEING ALPHA-NUMERIC IN FORMULATION--HINT: 22 ALPHA-NUMERAL SYMBOLS IN THE HEBREW LANGUAGE AND 22 AUTOSOMES OF THE DNA MOLECULE. Am I seeing coincidence?
This is the amazing part of the Hebrew Calendar in my mind, that it includes "Seasonal Drifts" in its structure---
Consider this, that when the Hebrew Calendar was created that computers, calculators, pens, papers, pencils and erasers were non-existent..... fingers I guess were good?!#

apply seasonal drifts one must calculate fractions:
The Hebrew calendar's mean year is 365.2468 days long (exactly 365 days 5 hours 55 minutes and 25+25/57 seconds - ie. the molad/monthly interval נ235 months per 19-year cycle ÷ 19 years per cycle). As the present-era mean northward equinoctal year is about 365.24219 days long (365 days 5 hours 49 minutes and zero seconds), the Hebrew calendar mean year is about 6 minutes and 25+25/57 seconds longer than the solar tropical year. This results in a "drift" of the Hebrew calendar of about a day every 224 years.
Also, the mean Gregorian calendar year is 365.2425 days long (365 days 5 hours 49 minutes and 12 seconds), resulting in a drift of the Hebrew calendar in relation to the Gregorian calendar of about a day every 231 years.
Now I am supposed to believe that a nomadic people (Jews) created this Calendar System....which is the only ancient calendar system in use today.....survived --the Chinese Calendar has survived too I might add--similar configuration---but i havent researched it further for comparisons and contrasts?!#
More to come....
Comment Anyone?!#
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

GeekGirlGoneBlonde wrote:..apply seasonal drifts one must calculate fractions:
The Hebrew calendar's mean year is 365.2468 days long (exactly 365 days 5 hours 55 minutes and 25+25/57 seconds - ie. the molad/monthly interval נ235 months per 19-year cycle ÷ 19 years per cycle). As the present-era mean northward equinoctal year is about 365.24219 days long (365 days 5 hours 49 minutes and zero seconds), the Hebrew calendar mean year is about 6 minutes and 25+25/57 seconds longer than the solar tropical year. This results in a "drift" of the Hebrew calendar of about a day every 224 years.
Also, the mean Gregorian calendar year is 365.2425 days long (365 days 5 hours 49 minutes and 12 seconds), resulting in a drift of the Hebrew calendar in relation to the Gregorian calendar of about a day every 231 years.
Now I am supposed to believe that a nomadic people (Jews) created this Calendar System....which is the only ancient calendar system in use today.....survived --the Chinese Calendar has survived too I might add--similar configuration---but i havent researched it further for comparisons and contrasts?!#
More to come....
Comment Anyone?!#
I am not into all the Math but what you wrote is interesting...

As for Bible Codes - be careful with these as very few people understand how these are used.

I do find it interesting that the discover's of the Bible Code uncovered that Obama would win the U.S. election and also calls Obama who is like a Pied Piper playing his 'flute' and a 'Swindler.' The Code also perdicted that McCain would lose the election and Sara Palin would be made to look like a clown. All these were posted on their website during the entire pre-election time frame. So take it all with a grain of salt concerning the bible code stuff because sometimes someone may read it correctly and other times not. For myself, I keep a cautious eye on what the Code may reveal as from the discover's of it readings...
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

B. W. wrote: For myself, I keep a cautious eye on what the Code may reveal as from the discover's of it readings...

-
What I would like to know about the Bible codes is which version of the Bible are they using?? We have NO original manuscripts of the Bible. Is there some kind of mystical God approved word for word Bible out there that I don't know of?

zoegirl
Old School

Post by zoegirl »

I hardly takes some code to predict that results of that election and the lack of media integrity on the image of Sarah Palin. :esurprised: :ewink:
"And we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Jesus Christ"
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

Gman wrote:Is there some kind of mystical God approved word for word Bible out there that I don't know of?
:poke:

:cool: :innocent:
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
GeekGirlGoneBlonde
Newbie Member

My view of the code is that it doesn't necessarily predict future events.....but I do believe that it possibly can SUBSTANTIATE THE EXISTENCE OF GOD, HIS ATTRIBUTES, AUTHENTICATE THE BIBLE IS THE WORD OF GOD, JESUS BEING THE SON OF GOD, and CREATION.....this is how I am viewing or researching (reviewing) it ---Creation like evolution is a Theory (not proven) now just think if the Creation Theory can apply mathematical laws (Finite Math is my focus) to its Argument..... whereas, alot of Evolution Theories can not....including Darwin's. I tend to be a skeptic/cynic in regards to these mathematical codes being applied to current day events and being able to prophesize future events, nor can it predict the exact day of Christ's Return.
Theory Definition: a proposed explanation whose status is still conjectural, in contrast to well-established propositions that are regarded as reporting matters of actual fact.

I Thessalonians 5. Keeps me focused when I dig through a pile of crap on the Internet about this subject..... I focus on the verse when you encounter people who try to prophesize Christ's Return.....

FOR YOU KNOW VERY WELL THAT THE DAY OF THE LORD WILL COME LIKE A THIEF IN THE NIGHT. I Thessalonians 5:2 (NIV).
So I interpret this verse as "waste of time" trying to figure out when Christ will Return...I know He will but its pointless to know exactly when....and with that verse in mind I do not think God used mathematical codes to predict His Son's Return. However, I do believe in signs..... and warnings (to repent and believe in Jesus Christ) that are much easier to read in the Bible via text than to apply mathematical codes to find what they could or could not be....

My focus is on Mathematical Logic & Finite Mathematics.....aka Discrete Mathematics.
The interesting while I am researching another Bible was discovered (Ancient) and another news clip in reference to codes and how the Bible has withstood time---and no changes were made ---except to add vowels--lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3FQC5Kw45g REALLY GOOD IN REGARDS TO THE CODES.....
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20090206/lf_ ... prus_bible
http://www.reuters.com/article/lifestyl ... 0&sp=true
MORE TO COME.....
CliffsofBurton
Familiar Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by CliffsofBurton »

I would just like to touch on the "heresy" comment.

Heresy, I think, is a word used by radicals. Haereticus means, quite simply, "to choose."

As in, I choose to be an atheist. Just like you chose to follow your God. So the question still stands...

Who's the real heretic?

Maybe you should study language for a bit.
"This body holding me reminds me of my own mortality.
Embrace this moment. Remember. We are eternal.
All this pain is an illusion."
Artist:Tool Album:Lateralus Title:Parabola

As I was going up the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there.
He wasn't there again today,
I wish, I wish he'd stay away.
Hughes Mearns
cslewislover
Ultimate Member

Post by cslewislover »

CliffsofBurton wrote:I would just like to touch on the "heresy" comment.

Heresy, I think, is a word used by radicals. Haereticus means, quite simply, "to choose."

As in, I choose to be an atheist. Just like you chose to follow your God. So the question still stands...

Who's the real heretic?

Maybe you should study language for a bit.
My dictionary totally disagrees with you, except if you go back, way way back, to the original Greek. We're not living in ancient Greece, so I'll take and use the modern meaning, which I'm guessing goes back to at least medievel times.
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis