Christians will fall away at the end times...

Discussions on Christian eschatology including different views pertaining to Jesus' second coming, rapture and tribulation, the millennium, and so forth.
Sherwelthlangley
Newbie Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Christians will fall away at the end times...

Post by Sherwelthlangley »

...Brother will turn against one another.

I'm much more concerned about this than the actual Tribulation. With the state of the Church today, Christians are in horrible horrible condition. How many of us will really overcome till the end? If there are those today who turn away from Christ, then think of how many more would give up God given much more apocalyptic conditions?
Daniel
Recognized Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: Christians will fall away at the end times...

Post by Daniel »

It's a very legitimate concern and one that frightens me as well. I am not a pre-tribulationist, and I fear that if that interpretation turns out to be incorrect, the Christian community will be ill prepared, especially as nominal Christianity often passes for legitimate Christianity today, especially in America.
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Sherwelthlangley wrote:...Brother will turn against one another.

I'm much more concerned about this than the actual Tribulation. With the state of the Church today, Christians are in horrible horrible condition. How many of us will really overcome till the end? If there are those today who turn away from Christ, then think of how many more would give up God given much more apocalyptic conditions?
Matthew 10:21-24, “…Brother will deliver brother over to death, and the father his child, and children will rise against parents and have them put to death, 22 and you will be hated by all for my name's sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved. 23 When they persecute you in one town, flee to the next, for truly, I say to you, you will not have gone through all the towns of Israel before the Son of Man comes. 24 "A disciple is not above his teacher, nor a servant above his master…” ESV

Jesus is speaking to the disciples and revealing a truth for all of us who 'believe' in him: People will hate us. In the Jewish community, if one converts to Christ, the family will disown them. In times past during the first century you could face death by the hand of a family member for conversion to Christ.

It is quite probable that a similar thing will happen again on this scale where being a Christian may cost us our mortal lives. The question that comes to my mind about this is this: how are we living as Christians that causes such hate?

The first century church died mainly due to actually living a 'agape' style life. They were called atheist because they loved God more than the world and were put to death because they lived and understood what 'agape' really means.

In my opinion, the modern Church appears not know or understand what agape really is, much less live it. The term has been weakened to only denote 'unconditional love' but its meaning is vastly deeper than this. The concept of unconditional love is now reinterpreted to mean unbridled tolerance and non-judgmentalism so that one can sin because grace abounds.

We, as Christians, need to search and pray with earnest that we comprehend what agape is and live it. Doing so will only make the world hate us more and others to come to Christ in droves.

God's blessing to you all!
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
obsolete
Established Member

Post by obsolete »

Jesus also talks about those who will fall away from their faith, "if that were possible". It does not mean that there will be those who "lose" their salvation, for that could never happen.

I am not a Pre-triber. I do not believe in an "escapists" theory on the Rapture. This is one place where I tend to lean more towards a mid-trib Rapture.

Sometimes, especially in the US today, it is so easy to "fall away" from our faith because the world makes sin so inviting and enjoyable.

The Bible also talks about how trees and rocks cry out saying there are Christians behind them and to "come kill them".

Lord Jesus, please come quickly! Amen y[-o<
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

obsolete wrote:....Lord Jesus, please come quickly! Amen y[-o<
:amen: and :amen:

Obsolete - what town in Colorado do you hail from? We could be neighbors?
-
-
-
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
obsolete
Established Member

Post by obsolete »

-
My family and I live in Littleton. Just west of Santa Fe Drive.
Jesus died for ALL. End of story.
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

obsolete wrote:
-
I am North of you - Fort Collins!
-
-
-
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
obsolete
Established Member

Post by obsolete »

B. W. wrote:
obsolete wrote:
-
I am North of you - Fort Collins!
-
-
-
That's too cool. Praise God.
Jesus died for ALL. End of story.