T-shirts

Discussions amongst Christians about life issues, walking with Christ, and general Christian topics that don't fit under any other area.
Rich
Honored Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

T-shirts

Post by Rich »

There was a suggestion that some users might want a God and Science T-shirt. I have worked on one design so far, and would like some feedback about what people might be looking for. Designs on dark colors probably look best for many things, although the shirts are somewhat higher cost ($19 compared to $14). The first idea is at http://www.godandscience.org/t-shirts.html. If you click on the shirt, you can get a closer look at the design. So take a look and let me know what you think or would like to see. It is possible to put a design on the pocket (obviously smaller). So send in your suggestions.

Thanks,
Rich
FFC
Prestigious Senior Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: T-shirts

Post by FFC »

Rich wrote:There was a suggestion that some users might want a God and Science T-shirt. I have worked on one design so far, and would like some feedback about what people might be looking for. Designs on dark colors probably look best for many things, although the shirts are somewhat higher cost ($19 compared to $14). The first idea is at http://www.godandscience.org/t-shirts.html. If you click on the shirt, you can get a closer look at the design. So take a look and let me know what you think or would like to see. It is possible to put a design on the pocket (obviously smaller). So send in your suggestions.

Thanks,
Rich
I love it! :clap: I agree with you, I think black is ideal. The design is great. Good work. I'd buy one.
"Faith sees the invisible, believes the unbelievable, and receives the impossible." - Corrie Ten Boom

Act 9:6
And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do?
zoegirl
Old School
Sex: Female

Post by zoegirl »

Cool,

I would buy one
"And we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Jesus Christ"
jenna
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by jenna »

Me too. I like these.
some things are better left unsaid, which i generally realize after i have said them
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

The logo design is great, love the DNA sequencing proceeding from God's finger. You might want to consider using that on the site as well. If you're looking for different designs I would consider something with the words 'Evidence for God from Science'. Let us know when they're ready; I'm in for 4 of them for the family.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

I'll take a whole bunch. Since I'm a t-shirt guy anyways....
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
Rich
Honored Member

Post by Rich »

I've ordered an example to see how the gradients turn out. They look good on screen, but I want to make sure that it translates to shirt.
FFC
Prestigious Senior Member

Post by FFC »

Sounds great! I appreciate all the effort you are putting into this.
"Faith sees the invisible, believes the unbelievable, and receives the impossible." - Corrie Ten Boom

Act 9:6
And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do?
JCSx2
Valued Member

Post by JCSx2 »

Rich wrote:I've ordered an example to see how the gradients turn out. They look good on screen, but I want to make sure that it translates to shirt.
The translation may loose some of the original intensity of the words, but if it still glorifies God.......wait what are we talking about here? OH YEA ….. Nice shirt I like it.

8-}2
Definition of a Veteran. A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including his life." That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

I find it too busy. There is too much stuff printed on the shirt. As it is, it will please those who enjoy this website, but don't expect people on the street to notice it...think of it more as a club ensigna than a witnessing tool.

FL
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
Rich
Honored Member

Post by Rich »

Too many words or too many images? What would you suggest as an alternative? Thanks.
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

Rich wrote:Too many words or too many images? What would you suggest as an alternative? Thanks.
If you think of the most successful brands, they often have the "visually-simplest" logos: McDonalds, Shell Oil, ABC,CBS, NBC, to name a few. Even the illiterate understand. On a more complex level, think of the logos of Wal-Mart, Exxon and Warner Brothers. Even these more complex logos are simpler than what you are proposing on your T-shirt.

My suggestions? I really don't have any...but, determine the message you want to get across and start from there

You are the Boss, Rich, so you have the final word.

FL
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
jenna
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by jenna »

I somehow don't think "GodandScience.org" is too many words. People who see this will know that it is a website.
some things are better left unsaid, which i generally realize after i have said them
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

Rich wrote:Too many words or too many images? What would you suggest as an alternative? Thanks.
I would take out the words God And Science in the middle and just emphasize them more in the website name below(they are kind of redundant as they appear now), center the logo a little more, and maybe add the word 'said' after 'God' on top, so that, reading all the words, it would appear God is saying GodAndScience.Org.

In the beginning God said ...

logo

GodandScience.Org

What does everyone think?
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
zoegirl
Old School

Post by zoegirl »

Good idea, It does seem redundant.
"And we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Jesus Christ"