Interesting CURRENT event or SEAfood for thought- bad I know

Discussions on Christian eschatology including different views pertaining to Jesus' second coming, rapture and tribulation, the millennium, and so forth.
IRQ Conflict
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Interesting CURRENT event or SEAfood for thought- bad I know

Post by IRQ Conflict »

Stocks have collapsed in nearly one-third of sea fisheries, and the rate of decline is accelerating.
BBC News

Rev 8:8 And the second angel sounded, and as it were a great mountain burning with fire was cast into the sea: and the third part of the sea became blood;
Rev 8:9 And the third part of the creatures which were in the sea, and had life, died; and the third part of the ships were destroyed.
Hellfire

1Ti 6:20 O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:
1Ti 6:21 Which some professing have erred concerning the faith. Grace be with thee. Amen.

"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Mark Twain
bizzt
Prestigious Senior Member
Christian: No

Re: Interesting CURRENT event or SEAfood for thought- bad I

Post by bizzt »

IRQ Conflict wrote:
Stocks have collapsed in nearly one-third of sea fisheries, and the rate of decline is accelerating.
BBC News

Rev 8:8 And the second angel sounded, and as it were a great mountain burning with fire was cast into the sea: and the third part of the sea became blood;
Rev 8:9 And the third part of the creatures which were in the sea, and had life, died; and the third part of the ships were destroyed.
Good to see you IRQ... I have not seen you in a while :)
IRQ Conflict

Post by IRQ Conflict »

You too bizzt. My apologizes, I have been working too much and had a spell where I was a little burnt out and didn't do any posting for a while. :)
Hellfire

1Ti 6:20 O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:
1Ti 6:21 Which some professing have erred concerning the faith. Grace be with thee. Amen.

Canuckster1127
Old School
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Canuckster1127 »

It is good to see you IRQ.

You have been missed.

Bart
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

IRQ? Is that really you? Where have you been man? Hope all is well with you and glad to see you back.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
IRQ Conflict

Post by IRQ Conflict »

Thanks Bart, Byblos. I just got in the door again it's 4:22 AM and I am B E A T !!!

Time to troll the forum and catch up ;)
Hellfire

puritan lad
Esteemed Senior Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by puritan lad »

IRQ Conflict wrote:
BBC News

IRQ,

If the BBC Article had mentioned the great mountain burning with fire being cast into the sea, and verified that a third part of the ships are being destroyed, this might have some merit. (It would also help if you were to explain why John would write this to the First Century Churches of Asia in light of Revelation's clear time frame references, ike "shortly", "quickly", "near", "about to", and "at hand".)

Dispensationalists need to make a decision. Is God's prophetic "time clock" on hold until the rapture or not? If so, then no current event could be a fulfillment of Bible Prophecy. If not, then we have less then 7 years left (depending on when it started up again), per the Dispensational interpretation of Daniel's 70 week prophecy.
"To suppose that whatever God requireth of us that we have power of ourselves to do, is to make the cross and grace of Jesus Christ of none effect." - JOHN OWEN

//covenant-theology.blogspot.com
//christianskepticism.blogspot.com/
IRQ Conflict

Post by IRQ Conflict »

Hi PL!

You missed the blood part of it too ;)
Hellfire

phoney
Recognized Member
Christian: No

Post by phoney »

puritan lad wrote:
IRQ Conflict wrote:
BBC News

IRQ,

If the BBC Article had mentioned the great mountain burning with fire being cast into the sea, and verified that a third part of the ships are being destroyed, this might have some merit. (It would also help if you were to explain why John would write this to the First Century Churches of Asia in light of Revelation's clear time frame references, ike "shortly", "quickly", "near", "about to", and "at hand".)

Dispensationalists need to make a decision. Is God's prophetic "time clock" on hold until the rapture or not? If so, then no current event could be a fulfillment of Bible Prophecy. If not, then we have less then 7 years left (depending on when it started up again), per the Dispensational interpretation of Daniel's 70 week prophecy.
PL, you mention less than 7 years left, could one think that the Inca calender which I have read ends in 2012 and also 2013 mean life as we know it will totally change, not end as some have said?