Micah 4

Discussions on Christian eschatology including different views pertaining to Jesus' second coming, rapture and tribulation, the millennium, and so forth.
FFC
Prestigious Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Micah 4

Post by FFC »

Micah 4

Is this not the millenium?
"Faith sees the invisible, believes the unbelievable, and receives the impossible." - Corrie Ten Boom

Act 9:6
And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do?
puritan lad
Esteemed Senior Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Micah 4

Post by puritan lad »

FFC wrote:Micah 4

It depends on how you define the millennium. As a postmillennialist, I hold that this will literally be fulfilled prior to the Second Advent, when the Judaists abandon their false religion in favor of Christ, and "...the earth shall be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea. (Habakkuk 2:14) In short, I believe in the absolute success of the Great Commission in this age.

I see nothing in the Bible that says that Christ will reign "on earth" for 1,000 years. In fact, the 110th Psalm says just the opposite.
"To suppose that whatever God requireth of us that we have power of ourselves to do, is to make the cross and grace of Jesus Christ of none effect." - JOHN OWEN

//covenant-theology.blogspot.com
//christianskepticism.blogspot.com/
FFC

Post by FFC »

puritan lad wrote:

It depends on how you define the millennium. As a postmillennialist, I hold that this will literally be fulfilled prior to the Second Advent, when the Judaists abandon their false religion in favor of Christ, and "...the earth shall be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea. (Habakkuk 2:14) In short, I believe in the absolute success of the Great Commission in this age.

I see nothing in the Bible that says that Christ will reign "on earth" for 1,000 years. In fact, the 110th Psalm says just the opposite.

Psalms 110:1-7 But it does fit the pre-mill view that Christ will rule and then afterwards destroy his enemies.
"Faith sees the invisible, believes the unbelievable, and receives the impossible." - Corrie Ten Boom

puritan lad
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by puritan lad »

FFC wrote:
puritan lad wrote:

Psalms 110:1-7 But it does fit the pre-mill view that Christ will rule and then afterwards destroy his enemies.
Actually, Premillennialism believes that Christ will return to earth before the millennium to rule and reign, and then destroy His enemies. Psalms 110:1 says that Christ enemies will be made His footstool before He leaves the Father's right hand (He returns after the millennium "postmill"). This, combined with 1 Cor. 15:24-26, supports the postmillennial view, that Christ is currently reigning on the throne of David (Acts 2:33-35), and will continue to do so until all of His enemies, incuding death, are defeated.
"To suppose that whatever God requireth of us that we have power of ourselves to do, is to make the cross and grace of Jesus Christ of none effect." - JOHN OWEN

FFC

Post by FFC »

PL wrote:Actually, Premillennialism believes that Christ will return to earth before the millennium to rule and reign, and then destroy His enemies.
That's what I meant. Rev 20:4-5

puritan lad
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by puritan lad »

FFC wrote:
PL wrote:Actually, Premillennialism believes that Christ will return to earth before the millennium to rule and reign, and then destroy His enemies.
No quite clear here. Are you supporting or refuting premillennialism. Psalm 110:1 refutes it. Again, in Rev. 20:4-5, it does not say anything about Christ ruling on earth in earthly Jerusalem.

FFC

Post by FFC »

puritan lad wrote:
FFC wrote:
No quite clear here. Are you supporting or refuting premillennialism. Psalm 110:1 refutes it. Again, in Rev. 20:4-5, it does not say anything about Christ ruling on earth in earthly Jerusalem.
I'm saying that Christ reigns on earth for a literal thousand years. The martyrs literally come to life and rule with Him. After the thousand years the rest of the dead will be raised at the ressurection. Rev 20:4-5 seems to indicate this.

puritan lad
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by puritan lad »

FFC wrote:
puritan lad wrote:
FFC wrote:
I'm saying that Christ reigns on earth for a literal thousand years. The martyrs literally come to life and rule with Him. After the thousand years the rest of the dead will be raised at the ressurection. Rev 20:4-5 seems to indicate this.
That's the problem. There is nothing in the Bible that says that Christ will reign "on earth" for 1,000 years, and Psalm 110 says that He will remain at the right hand of the Father until He has defeated His enemies.

By the way, how would you interpret John 5:28-29 in light of the 1,000 years?

FFC

Post by FFC »

puritan lad wrote:
FFC wrote:
puritan lad wrote:
FFC wrote:
That's the problem. There is nothing in the Bible that says that Christ will reign "on earth" for 1,000 years, and Psalm 110 says that He will remain at the right hand of the Father until He has defeated His enemies.

By the way, how would you interpret John 5:28-29 in light of the 1,000 years?
Agreed, just as we are seated in heavenly places and also serve right here on earth.

Eph 2:6 And hath raised [us] up together, and made [us] sit together in heavenly [places] in Christ Jesus: