World's End

Discussions on Christian eschatology including different views pertaining to Jesus' second coming, rapture and tribulation, the millennium, and so forth.
Turgonian
Christian: No

World's End

Post by Turgonian »

Let's have a nice chat about Pirates of the Caribbean III, shall we? :D

I was wondering what the partial preterist view is on the end of the world and the resurrection of all the dead. I've tried looking at Preterist Archive, but there seem to be many different opinions there... It's a rather confusing website. So if anyone could explain it to me here, I'd be grateful.

I've always learned that this universe, cursed because of sin, would be entirely renewed. The billions of people who have lived throughout history would be resurrected and would go to their eternal state in a physical body.
But preterism (even the partial version) seems to deny that the universe will be changed. However, they do believe in a future coming of Christ. I'm confused about the details...
The Bible says they were "willingly ignorant". In the Greek, this means "be dumb on purpose". (Kent Hovind)
puritan lad
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by puritan lad »

Orthodox (Partial) Preterist believe in one resurrection that includes both the righteous and the wicked (John 5:28-29) that occurs on the last day (John 6:39-40, 44). We believe in a Second Advent, not a third.
"To suppose that whatever God requireth of us that we have power of ourselves to do, is to make the cross and grace of Jesus Christ of none effect." - JOHN OWEN

//covenant-theology.blogspot.com
//christianskepticism.blogspot.com/