Land more Important than the Gospel

Discussions on Christian eschatology including different views pertaining to Jesus' second coming, rapture and tribulation, the millennium, and so forth.
puritan lad
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Land more Important than the Gospel

Post by puritan lad »

Article illustrates one of the biggest problems of Classic Dispensationalism.

“Christians who work with Jews in supporting Israel realize how sensitive we are in talking about conversion and talking about Jesus. So those who work with us tend not to talk about Jesus more, but talk about Jesus less. They realize it will interfere with what they are trying to do—building a bridge to the Jewish community to insure the survival of Judeo-Christian civilization.”

http://www.americanvision.org/articlear ... p?vPrint=1
"To suppose that whatever God requireth of us that we have power of ourselves to do, is to make the cross and grace of Jesus Christ of none effect." - JOHN OWEN

//covenant-theology.blogspot.com
//christianskepticism.blogspot.com/
Jac3510
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Jac3510 »

I don't see a problem. There is no doubt in any Jewish person's mind, much less that nation of Israel, that Christian groups - especially evangelical groups - are so supportive for religious reasons. We aren't dealing with people who have never heard the Gospel. I am sure that if someone asks a volunteer about Christ, that person will be more than happy to share. I am sure that those working in Israel who are Christians have their own worship services, etc. It is simply an over-reaction to imply that the Gospel is being hindered.

These people are trying to establish relationships and communications with the Jewish state. Remember, Jesus said we are to be wise as serpants, but harmless as doves. He also said not to cast our pearls before the swine. And He further said those who bless Israel will be blessed, and those who curse her will be cursed. Add all these together, and you have solid biblical reasons for helping these people with their geopolitical problems. God is in control. The Gospel will be preached, and the Jewish people will hear it. In the meantime, it does no good to make enemies and destroy any chance you have at rational dialogue between friends.

I, then, don't see this as a problem for Classic Dispenastionalism. I see this (being the writer's response to CUFI) as a good illustration of the dangers of Covenant Theology and its hindrance to the Gospel message. *shrug* To each his own . . . ;)
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.