Grand Theft Auto Series

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Religious Fanatic
Familiar Member
Christian: No

Grand Theft Auto Series

Post by Religious Fanatic »

Does anyone here enjoy the GTA series for PS2/PC/XBOX?

I have recently been playing Vice City (had it for a while but only got a PS2 recently) and have been loving it to death.

It's just a game so I'm not concerned about the content except for younger audiences or deranged people. I feel that at times the game can be a bit too realistic and you can do some things that are repeatable in real life (trust me, I've probably learned alot more from games than any book I've read).

Still, I think if you're sane, it shouldn't be a problem. I heard San Andreas is good, is that true?
Jay_7
Established Member

Re: Grand Theft Auto Series

Post by Jay_7 »

Religious Fanatic wrote:Does anyone here enjoy the GTA series for PS2/PC/XBOX?

I have recently been playing Vice City (had it for a while but only got a PS2 recently) and have been loving it to death.

It's just a game so I'm not concerned about the content except for younger audiences or deranged people. I feel that at times the game can be a bit too realistic and you can do some things that are repeatable in real life (trust me, I've probably learned alot more from games than any book I've read).

Still, I think if you're sane, it shouldn't be a problem. I heard San Andreas is good, is that true?
I have san andreas i love it. Best game i've ever played! Even though its got lots of crime in it i dont think it matters.
ray
Recognized Member

grand theft auto

Post by ray »

You both seem to not care about the content of the games. It probably will not turn either of you into criminals but it will desensitize you to these things so that you will not feel it quite as bad if others do it. Advertising on TV works the same way. Very few commercials actually tell you about the product, they just keep showing it to you until you become so accustomed to it you are more prone to buy it. As you see more criminal activity on these games you are more prone to accept some of it as acceptable from others. There's and old saying, "garbage in, garbage out". I think both of you should carefully reconsider keeping and playing these games.

Ray
numeral2_5
Established Member

Post by numeral2_5 »

It's fiction and it's fine, but keep it that way, fiction 'nuff said.
"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. And that is my religion."
-Abe Lincoln
Jay_7
Established Member

Post by Jay_7 »

Its fine, ive played these for years im not the kind of person that'll be effected by this
SUGAAAAA
Established Member

Post by SUGAAAAA »

GTA Vice City was huge (or even, revolutionary) when it came out. It was very popular 'cause it was something new in the gaming world (it had improved greatly after GTA 3).

I really loved the game because of a freedom and the things you could do in here, as did everyone else. that's precisely why it was so popular (as well as its theme). However, after you've played 1 GTA type game, you've played them all. It seems alot of games after GTA VC seemed to copy it, with the map, go to icons, perform missions, etc. So these games dont do as well as GTA.

It seems to me that the first GTA game you play, is usually your favorite. This is because its your first experience with such a game, so you're new to the challenge, and as a result, spend way more time playing, and having alot more fun with the game. My first GTA game was VC, so its my favorite. But I think San Andreas is the worst in the series (even after GTA 3). They added a few more things, now doubt, but the entire theme throughout the game is just boring. And the things they added are pretty inane (I mean, going to the gym? getting tattoes? eating? its like the sims...) There werent many improvements after GTA VC that were significant.

so yes, this is why pot should be legalized.
Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something.
IRQ Conflict
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by IRQ Conflict »

Mat 24:12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.

1Co 13:6 Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;
fargreencountry
Newbie Member

Post by fargreencountry »

Personally I don't find them that great, because the violence is for no reason, other than personal gain. I prefer games which have violence for a point, such as defence against terrorism or similar.
bob2010
Recognized Member

Post by bob2010 »

i used to play GTA2, but for some reason it doesnt like XP or my comp. ive played the later ones, but i didnt really like them.