The Sabbath

Discussions on a ranges of philosophical issues including the nature of truth and reality, personal identity, mind-body theories, epistemology, justification of beliefs, argumentation and logic, philosophy of religion, free will and determinism, etc.
R7-12
Established Member

Post by R7-12 »

These things are contrary to the LAW of righteousness, and are not of faith, nor are they things done in the Spirit.
I would agree that those things which are contrary to God as expressed in the commandments are indeed contrary to the law of righteousness, are not of faith, and are not of the Spirit of God.
I know you consider my position to be conflicted.
Is it expected that the elect of God should be conflicted in their beliefs?

You agree with the principles in the law and you agree that breaking the commandments of God are sin yet you argue at the same time that we are not required to keep God's commandments.

Perhaps that is something you will look at and undertake to reconcile in yourself according to the law and the testimony as we are all instructed to do?

R7-12
Jbuza
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Jbuza »

gone
Last edited by Jbuza on Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
R7-12
Established Member

Post by R7-12 »

I do have a LAW written in my heart, and the testimony of the Spirit
Very intriguing.

Could you tell us about this law written in your heart?
What are its commandments?
Where can I read of the commandments contained in this law?
To whom was it given and when?
Did Abraham keep this law? Did Jesus Christ and his disciples?
Is this law to be followed forever?
What were/are the consequences for breaking it?
Is it mentioned in relation to the kingdom of God and the millennial age?

I hope you don't find these questions overwhelming, I just want to know more about this other law that you say you follow.

R7-12
bizzt
Prestigious Senior Member
Christian: No

Post by bizzt »

R7-12 wrote:
I do have a LAW written in my heart, and the testimony of the Spirit
Very intriguing.

I hope you don't find these questions overwhelming, I just want to know more about this other law that you say you follow.

R7-12
I would like to jump in here for a moment. It seems this is going around in a Circle. Here are the Scriptures to the questions you have asked

Heb 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel After those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, And on their heart also will I write them: And I will be to them a God, And they shall be to me a people:
Heb 8:12 For I will be merciful to their iniquities, And their sins will I remember no more.
Heb 8:13 In that he saith, A new covenant he hath made the first old. But that which is becoming old and waxeth aged is nigh unto vanishing away.

First we need to ask the question WHAT is the New covenant?

Lets take a look

Jer 31:31 Behold, the days come, saith Jehovah, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
Jer 31:32 not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was a husband unto them, saith Jehovah.
Jer 31:33 But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith Jehovah: I will put my law in their inward parts, and in their heart will I write it; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people:
Jer 31:34 and they shall teach no more every man his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, Know Jehovah; for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith Jehovah: for I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin will I remember no more.

Luk 22:20 And the cup in like manner after supper, saying, This cup is the new covenant in my blood, even that which is poured out for you.

2Co 3:3 being made manifest that ye are an epistle of Christ, ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in tables that are hearts of flesh.
2Co 3:4 And such confidence have we through Christ to God-ward:
2Co 3:5 not that we are sufficient of ourselves, to account anything as from ourselves; but our sufficiency is from God;
2Co 3:6 who also made us sufficient as ministers of a new covenant; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.
2Co 3:7 But if the ministration of death, written, and engraven on stones, came with glory, so that the children of Israel could not look stedfastly upon the face of Moses for the glory of his face; which glory was passing away:
2Co 3:8 how shall not rather the ministration of the spirit be with glory?
2Co 3:9 For if the ministration of condemnation hath glory, much rather doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory.
2Co 3:10 For verily that which hath been made glorious hath not been made glorious in this respect, by reason of the glory that surpasseth.
2Co 3:11 For if that which passeth away was with glory, much more that which remaineth is in glory.
2Co 3:12 Having therefore such a hope, we use great boldness of speech,
2Co 3:13 and are not as Moses, who put a veil upon his face, that the children of Israel should not look stedfastly on the end of that which was passing away:
2Co 3:14 but their minds were hardened: for until this very day at the reading of the old covenant the same veil remaineth, it not being revealed to them that it is done away in Christ.
2Co 3:15 But unto this day, whensoever Moses is read, a veil lieth upon their heart.
2Co 3:16 But whensoever it shall turn to the Lord, the veil is taken away.
2Co 3:17 Now the Lord is the Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.
2Co 3:18 But we all, with unveiled face beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are transformed into the same image from glory to glory, even as from the Lord the Spirit.

Heb 9:15 And for this cause he is the mediator of a new covenant, that a death having taken place for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first covenant, they that have been called may receive the promise of the eternal inheritance.

Now about the Law

Act 15:5 But there rose up certain of the sect of the Pharisees who believed, saying, It is needful to circumcise them, and to charge them to keep the law of Moses.
Act 15:6 And the apostles and the elders were gathered together to consider of this matter.
Act 15:7 And when there had been much questioning, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Brethren, ye know that a good while ago God made choice among you, that by my mouth the Gentiles should hear the word of the gospel, and believe.
Act 15:8 And God, who knoweth the heart, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Spirit, even as he did unto us;
Act 15:9 and he made no distinction between us and them, cleansing their hearts by faith.
Act 15:10 Now therefore why make ye trial of God, that ye should put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?
Act 15:11 But we believe that we shall be saved through the grace of the Lord Jesus, in like manner as they.
Act 15:12 And all the multitude kept silence; and they hearkened unto Barnabas and Paul rehearsing what signs and wonders God had wrought among the Gentiles through them.
Act 15:13 And after they had held their peace, James answered, saying, Brethren, hearken unto me:
Act 15:14 Symeon hath rehearsed how first God visited the Gentiles, to take out of them a people for his name.
Act 15:15 And to this agree the words of the prophets; as it is written,
Act 15:16 After these things I will return, And I will build again the tabernacle of David, which is fallen; And I will build again the ruins thereof, And I will set it up:
Act 15:17 That the residue of men may seek after the Lord, And all the Gentiles, upon whom my name is called,
Act 15:18 Saith the Lord, who maketh these things known from of old.
Act 15:19 Wherefore my judgment is, that we trouble not them that from among the Gentiles turn to God;
Act 15:20 but that we write unto them, that they abstain from the pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from what is strangled, and from blood.

I hope those Scriptures help.
R7-12
Established Member

Post by R7-12 »

Actually no, it's not helpful.

When there are differences in the interpretation and understanding of Scripture, simply posting the texts in question do not provide clarity.

There was a specific reason I asked the questions I did. I'm asking for a detailed explanation of what was claimed based on the Bible.

Here are the questions again,

Is asking these basic questions unreasonable?

R7-12
bizzt
Prestigious Senior Member
Christian: No

Post by bizzt »

R7-12 wrote: Could you tell us about this law written in your heart?
Clearly the Pharisees were trying to say that the Law of Moses should be charged against the Gentiles. Are we Gentiles? I believe we are!
Act 15:5 But there rose up certain of the sect of the Pharisees who believed, saying, It is needful to circumcise them, and to charge them to keep the law of Moses.
Act 15:6 And the apostles and the elders were gathered together to consider of this matter.
Act 15:7 And when there had been much questioning, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Brethren, ye know that a good while ago God made choice among you, that by my mouth the Gentiles should hear the word of the gospel, and believe.
Act 15:8 And God, who knoweth the heart, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Spirit, even as he did unto us;
Act 15:9 and he made no distinction between us and them, cleansing their hearts by faith.
Act 15:10 Now therefore why make ye trial of God, that ye should put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?
Act 15:11 But we believe that we shall be saved through the grace of the Lord Jesus, in like manner as they.
Act 15:12 And all the multitude kept silence; and they hearkened unto Barnabas and Paul rehearsing what signs and wonders God had wrought among the Gentiles through them.
Act 15:13 And after they had held their peace, James answered, saying, Brethren, hearken unto me:
Act 15:14 Symeon hath rehearsed how first God visited the Gentiles, to take out of them a people for his name.
Act 15:15 And to this agree the words of the prophets; as it is written,
Act 15:16 After these things I will return, And I will build again the tabernacle of David, which is fallen; And I will build again the ruins thereof, And I will set it up:
Act 15:17 That the residue of men may seek after the Lord, And all the Gentiles, upon whom my name is called,
Act 15:18 Saith the Lord, who maketh these things known from of old.
Act 15:19 Wherefore my judgment is, that we trouble not them that from among the Gentiles turn to God;
Act 15:20 but that we write unto them, that they abstain from the pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from what is strangled, and from blood.
So the Gentiles were not to be yoked with the Law as they believed they shall be saved THROUGH Grace in like Manner. So they wrote to them above saying that they Abstain from the pollutions of Idols, Fornication and from what is strangled and from Blood.

Why would they say these things because at that time the Greeks were involved in Idols, Fornication and things strangled from Blood.
Only one!
1Jo 3:23 And this is his commandment, that we should believe in the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, even as he gave us commandment.
1Jo 3:24 And he that keepeth his commandments abideth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he gave us.
read above
To his Disciples and by Jesus so what 28-32 AD ?
Joh 13:31 When therefore he was gone out, Jesus saith, Now is the Son of man glorified, and God is glorified in him;
Joh 13:32 and God shall glorify him in himself, and straightway shall he glorify him.
Joh 13:33 Little children, yet a little while I am with you. Ye shall seek me: and as I said unto the Jews, Whither I go, ye cannot come; so now I say unto you.
Joh 13:34 A new commandment I give unto you, that ye love one another; even as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.
Joh 13:35 By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.
I believe Abraham did. According to what the Bible Said. Did Jesus YES and Disciples YES
Yes it is. It is the Law that is written on our hearts
Joh 13:35 By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.
You will not be a Disciple of Jesus if you do not Love one another

Explain a bit Further on this
Is asking these basic questions unreasonable?
Nope
R7-12
Jbuza
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Jbuza »

gone
Last edited by Jbuza on Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jbuza
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Jbuza »

gone
Last edited by Jbuza on Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yeshua's follower
Familiar Member

Post by Yeshua's follower »

Since we read that JEsus is the new High Priest and that with a change in the priesthood there must also be a change in the law, and since we also read that when he (Jesus) speaks of a new covanent he makes the first obsolete, How come you are following the Laws as if there haden't been a change in the priest hood with the change in the law and a new covanent?
You listed several scriptures, but the first one I am going to try and look at is the one in the book of Hebrews.
Hebrews (written to Jewish Christians)
(This is edited down a lot, but I urge you to go read it)
7:11 So if perfection had in fact been possible through the Levitical priesthood — for on that basis the people received the law — what further need would there have been for another priest to arise, said to be in the order of Melchizedek and not in Aaron's order? 7:12 For when the priesthood changes, a change in the law must come as well. 7:18 On the one hand a former command is set aside because it is weak and useless, 7:19 for the law made nothing perfect. On the other hand a better hope is introduced, through which we draw near to God. 7:20 And since this was not done without a sworn affirmation — for the others have become priests without a sworn affirmation, 7:21 but Jesus did so with a sworn affirmation by the one who said to him, “The Lord has sworn and will not change his mind, 'You are a priest forever'” — 7:22 accordingly Jesus has become the guarantee of a better covenant. 7:24 but he holds his priesthood permanently since he lives forever. 7:25 So he is able to save completely those who come to God through him, because he always lives to intercede for them.
8:6 But now Jesus has obtained a superior ministry, since the covenant that he mediates is also better and is enacted on better promises.
8:13 When he speaks of a new covenant, he makes the first obsolete. Now what is growing obsolete and aging is about to disappear.
9:15 And so he is the mediator of a new covenant, so that those who are called may receive the eternal inheritance he has promised, since he died to set them free from the violations committed under the first covenant. . . But now he has appeared once for all at the consummation of the ages to put away sin by his sacrifice. 9:27 And just as people are appointed to die once, and then to face judgment, 9:28 so also, after Christ was offered once to bear the sins of many, to those who eagerly await him he will appear a second time, not to bear sin but to bring salvation.
The first thing that we must know, is that the context of scripture here is talking about Jesus being our new high priest. It also talks about there being a change in the law. What change occurred according to Hebrews 7? It was a particular aspect in relationship to the priesthood. Jesus Christ, our High Priest on the order of Melchizedek, has replaced the Aaronic priesthood, so a change of the law is necessitated.

A little further in Hebrews we read that the Torah did not bring anyone to perfection (verse 19). No, it didn't, but that doesn't make it bad, or something that needs to be cast aside. It simply means that we need something else for our justification and that is the death, resurrection and atoning work of Jesus, making it possible for us to be part of the New Covenant which will bring us to perfection. Psalm 19 says that the law is perfect, converting or transforming the soul. How is that possible? Does that even make sense? Yes it does. You see, the law, if simply written on tablets of stone, will never bring us to perfection, but the law, written on our hearts, will indeed bring us there. However, that couldn't happen unless we were redeemed, and Jesus made our redemption possible. The problem wasn't with the Torah, the problem was with us. We wouldn't allow the Torah to be internalized.

"For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second. For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah"(Heb. 8:7-8 )

So it doesn't say that he found fault with the law, but that he found fault with the people. The fault is with mankind, not with God. God's law is perfect and therefore faultless. The fault is in the sinful nature of men (our infirmity), who are not able to keep the perfect law of God. So it was not the law that was at fault, but the covenant. Two parties are required to make a covenant valid. Both sides must perform the covenant or it is void. God kept His part; men did not perform their part, making the Old Covenant a faulty one. So a New Covenant was required, the old one being void. Knowing that men would never be able to keep a covenant like the Old Covenant, God provided a new one that sinful man could keep. He could keep it because all of the performance was on Christ's side of the covenant. Our side of the New Covenant requires no performance, only acceptance. We must believe that He is the Christ and that He is able to perform it. Because we believe Him, we are credited with His righteousness because of His atonement.

The last verse I will bring up for now is Hebrews 8:13
"In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away."

The reason God calls it a New Covenant is that the Old Covenant, the covenant of obedience to the law, has lost its effectiveness. The covenant is no longer valid. It has passed away. Only the New Covenant exists in its place. We no longer need the old system as atonement for our sins. Now, when we believe in Christ, our sins are washed away and we are new creatures in Christ.

So what about the the law? It certainly isn't done away with. All of these verses confirm that fact. The Torah is no longer simply commandments written on tablets of stone, but now the Torah is written upon our hearts. We have become a people who out of our love for God desire to follow and obey His commandments through the power of our renewed spirit and the Spirit of God dwelling in us.

So to answer your question, I follow God's law, not to save myself like they did under the old covenant, but out of love for God. God knows our hearts and if we are striving to be like him. Sorry I didn't answer your question earlier than I did. If you have a question about Any of this, please ask.

In Christ
Jbuza
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Jbuza »

gone
Last edited by Jbuza on Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
R7-12
Established Member

Post by R7-12 »

With regards to the law that some claim are written in their hearts, I asked,
bizzt responded,
Only one!
1Jo 3:23 And this is his commandment, that we should believe in the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, even as he gave us commandment.
1Jo 3:24 And he that keepeth his commandments abideth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he gave us.
Are you certain you mean to say there is only one commandment Christians are required to obey as part of the law of God written in our hearts?

And you're asserting this commandment is simply, “believe in the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another”? That's it? There is nothing else in this law to do or obey?

R7-12
R7-12
Established Member

Post by R7-12 »

I asked,
Jbuza wrote,
I'm sorry to not be able to elucidate what I know clearly, but will try. I tried to explain it to you in my last post, but what I mean by that is that when I was redeemed from the LAW Jesus Christ sent his Spirit that makes me look to God. The Spirit urges me to do good. I'm sorry I can hardly comprehend it myself but I do know that I have guidance in what I should do.
You said, “The Spirit urges me to do good.”

How do you know what is good? Is there a universal standard by which you determine what actions, thoughts, words, and intentions are good and what are evil?

I aksed,
Your response,
Worship and honor my Father and share what I have
Many people choose to worship and honour God in very different ways including some that appear to be blatantly inappropriate or have cultish influences. How do you know how and when and in what ways God wishes to be worshipped and honoured? Would He not require all of His people to worship and honour Him in the same way?

I aksed,
Your response,
Jesus
I was asking for the Scriptural references so that I could read for myself what you believe are the commandments that are to be written on our hearts and obeyed. You said the law is to be written in our hearts and Scripture says it will also be placed in our minds (Jer. 31:31-33), therefore it seems to indicate that it consists of multiple commands. Please provide the texts that outline what these are.

I asked,
Your response,
IT was given to me and my family when we came to a relationship with a holy God through our brother and LORD Jesus. God will pour out his Spirit on WHOSOEVER will believe, and write his LAW on their hearts today if they will trust in Jesus Christ.
Again, I was asking for the actual Biblical texts. Could you please provide them?
You said,
I think so
Sorry, not good enough. Either the Bible says that Abraham obeyed the commandments of God or indicates that he did, and so it must be concerning the disciples. “I think so” does not prove anything.

You said,
YES
Scripture?

You said,
Loss of close fellowship with God who loves me
Scripture?

It is the Bible I wish to follow not what someone merely believes or what anyone thinks might be right.
You said,
YES
Are you intentionally playing games here? Or are you perhaps unable to support your position with Scripture?

You wrote,
Jesus is the end of the LAW in that there is righteousness for all who believe
The text is,
For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes (Rom. 10:4, NKJV).

You misunderstand the meaning of the text. The Greek word which has been translated end in most Bibles, is SGD 5056 telos, and is properly rendered, goal, or purpose, or the thing aimed at. Thus Christ is the goal of the law, the purpose of the law, that which the law aims at, not the end of it as in termination, but rather as in terminus.

You wrote,
We know that the LAW is Good, but it doesn't apply to the righteous.

No doubt you are unable to see the obvious contradiction in your own words. You say the law is good (or right) but it is not for those who are right (righteous or good).

Should we then conclude from your statement that you consider yourself righteous also?
One who knows the law of liberty and lives it out — he will be blessed in what he does.

The text you refer to is James 1:25, But he who looks into the perfect law of liberty and continues in it, and is not a forgetful hearer but a doer of the work, this one will be blessed in what he does (NKJV). This text ties into Rom. 2:13, for not the hearers of the law are just in the sight of God, but the doers of the law will be justified.

So perhaps you could explain precisely what it is in the law that we are to continue in or do?
It is no longer about being under the rules … but about freedom in Christ and going and doing by the direction of the Spirit.
Why do you contradict yourself again? You just finished declaring that you are to do the law and that it is written in your heart!

Here you appear to claim that freedom in Christ somehow equates to not obeying the words God has spoken to us but instead we ought to follow the Spirit. Well if that Spirit is in opposition to the commandments of God then I must ask, what spirit are you referrring to?

The explanations given are clearly confused, contradictory and not in accordance with the law and the testimony or faith of Christ. The argument asserted to support opposition to the commands of God is non-biblical and essentially antinomian in its structure and intent.

R7-12
Yeshua's follower
Familiar Member

Post by Yeshua's follower »

"how can you turn back again to the weak and worthless basic forces? Do you want to be enslaved to them all over again? 4:10 You are observing religious days and months and seasons and years. 4:11 I fear for you that my work for you may have been in vain."

5:13 For you were called to freedom, brothers and sisters; only do not use your freedom as an opportunity to indulge your flesh, but through love serve one another.
First, lets see who the Galatians were. The Gauls(Galatians), who came from France and Belgium, were of the Celtic religion. Their high priests were the Druids. These were Babylonian pagans in every sense, who contributed heavily to the modern holiday of Christmas with its fertility rites and tree worship, as well as Halloween and other heathen observances that are so much a part of our culture today.

In Galatians 4 Paul zeroes in on a new aspect of the Galatian problem; backsliding into paganism. He portrays these Galatians by reminding them in verse 8 that they previously did not know God and in ignorance they had served idols.

"Formerly, when you did not know God, you were slaves to those who by nature are not gods."(verse 8 )

Then in Verse 9 he asks "But now, after that you have known God, or rather are known of God, how turn you again to the weak and beggarly elements, whereunto you desire again to be in bondage?"
They had a problem with slipping back to their old idolatry.

In verses 10-11 he says, “You observe days, and months and times and years. I am afraid of you, lest I have bestowed upon you labor in vain.” Many think Paul was reproving them for keeping the Biblical Feasts here. But the context of the passage proves that they were actually leaving the Biblical worship they had recently been taught and going back to their former, pagan worship. The only thing these former pagans could possibly go back to was their old false gods. They were certainly not “turning again” to Biblical Feasts that they never knew before.
And from 1 Timothy

"1:8 But we know that the law is good if someone uses it legitimately, 1:9 realizing that law is not intended for a righteous person, but for lawless and rebellious people, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers, 1:10 sexually immoral people, practicing homosexuals, kidnappers, liars, perjurers — in fact, for any who live contrary to sound teaching."
This passage of scripture can be confusing, and you ask good questions concerning it. When I first looked at this passage, I asked myself, "Does this mean I don't have to obey God because I am righteous?"
Since we have been made righteous in Christ Jesus doesn't this explicitly state the Law is not for us? Further wouldn't this indicate that it is for those who have not come to righteousness through faith in JEsus?
These are very good questions to look at.
Starting in 1 Timothy 1:5-8

5 Now the purpose of the commandment is love from a pure heart, [from] a good conscience, and [from] sincere faith,
6 from which some, having strayed, have turned aside to idle talk,
7 desiring to be teachers of the law, understanding neither what they say nor the things which they affirm.
8 But we know that the law [is] good if one uses it lawfully,

The truth is that the purpose of the law is love. Jesus affirms this when he said, Matt 22:38-40 (NKJV) "This is [the] first and great commandment. And [the] second [is] like it: `You shall love your neighbor as yourself.' On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets."

The law is useless when taken in a selfish approach rather than in a mindset of love. This was the mistake of some Scribes and Pharisees. They had lost sight that the law was intended to be instruction of how to love God and to love one another, not a prescription for exalting yourself above others like they did.

"9 knowing this: that the law is not made for a righteous person, but for the lawless (459) and insubordinate, for the ungodly and for sinners, for [the] unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,
10 for fornicators, for sodomites, for kidnappers, for liars, for perjurers, and if there is any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine,
11 according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God which was committed to my trust."

So the law wasn't made for those who are righteous but for those who are 'lawless'. What is the meaning of the word 'lawless' which comes from the Greek word 'anomos' ?
Thayers Greek Lexicon # 459 anomos {an'-om-os}from 1 (as a negative particle) and 3551; TDNT - 4:1086,646; adj
AV - without law 4, transgressor 2, wicked 2, lawless 1, unlawful 1; 10
1) destitute of (the Mosaic) law
1a) of the Gentiles
2) departing from the law, a violator of the law, lawless, wicked
So as we have said, it is saying that the law was made for those who do not obey God. Those who do not obey God choose to be "destitute of the Mosaic law!"

Now if people are not taught to repent for breaking the Sabbath, eating unclean animals, profaning the name of God, ignoring the holy days of God and submitting themselves to idolatry with the so called 'Christian' holidays along with other clear transgressions of the law, how can they know that they need to repent of these things? It is truth that those who commit these sins are in need of the law of God to correct them. But those who do not sin in these matters are in no need of a law to correct them. And if a person has not repented of these sins, then they must certainly ask for forgiveness and get it under the blood of Jesus just as they would any other sins.

Like I said before, if anything I say goes against God's word, please tell me or ask about the things that I have said. I am only out to find the truth. I am kind of new to all of this, so I don't claim to have all of the answers, but I am willing to learn.

In Christ
Jbuza
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Jbuza »

gone
Last edited by Jbuza on Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jbuza
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Jbuza »

gone
Last edited by Jbuza on Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.