Can you help?

Discussions amongst Christians about life issues, walking with Christ, and general Christian topics that don't fit under any other area.
ci yodea elohim
Newbie Member

Can you help?

Post by ci yodea elohim »

Hello my names is Joseph and Im 24 years old. I have a girlfriend who is Jewish and she currently lives in Beer-sheva, Israel. I have been speaking to her about Jesus and the evidence showing he is the Messiah. I know she is tying to grasp this but she is having a hard time. I have presented the evidence for miracles, history, prophecy, and trinity. I really love Vardit, the delima is I dont want to get to serious until we are on the same page. I told her I could never deny Jesus. So Im asking for opinions and advice to what I should do and how should I approach Vardit about Jesus. You know she was brought up Jewish and her parents are Jewish. Any advice would help. Toda(thank you), Joseph
Deborah
Christian: No

Post by Deborah »

you can try this website
http://www.amazingbible.org/Documents/J ... _jesus.htm

goodluck and peace be with you
Church tradition tells us that when John, son of Zebadee and brother of James was an old man, his disciples would carry him to church in their arms.
He would simply say, “Little children, love one another”
After a time his disciples wearied at always hearing these same words and asked “Master why do you always say this?
He replied, “it is the Lords command, and if done, it is enough”
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Re: Can you help?

Post by Kurieuo »

ci yodea elohim wrote:Hello my names is Joseph and Im 24 years old. I have a girlfriend who is Jewish and she currently lives in Beer-sheva, Israel. I have been speaking to her about Jesus and the evidence showing he is the Messiah.
If she is Jewish then I think for her to become Christian would be seen by most not simply a matter of changing religion, but of turning her back on her Jewish heritage, family and friends. This is perhaps a difficulty that may be playing on her mind.

Still I think it important to stress Jesus was Jewish and that the Apostles were also Jewish. Focus on the Jewishness of Christianity. It isn't necessarily a Christian vs. Judaism thing (although it is now shaped that way), but it is actually as Judaism vs. Judaism split. Thus, it isn't like a new religion was formed, but rather the Jewish religion was carried further. One Jewish side simply following after the teachings of their Jewish rabbi—Christ (hence "Christ"ians).

A website that may also be useful to you, although I'm sure you may have come across it already is http://www.jewsforjesus.org/.

Kurieuo
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)