Do you play video games?

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.

Do you play video games?

Yes, quite often
88%
No, not at all
13%
Sometimes, but not alot
No votes

Total votes: 8

Ark~Magic
Established Member

Do you play video games?

Post by Ark~Magic »

How many of you play videogames, and if so, what kinds and how often?

I have too many consoles to name but I don't play most of them, and I stopped collecting for alot of older consoles (selling stuff on eBay).

I like alot of different genres except for most racing/sports or online games. :\

My favorite consoles right now are GameCube and Gameboy Advance.
"And I shall slay them who partake of futurism, for in the preterist light there will be everlasting salvation, truth, and peace." ~ Faust
bizzt
Prestigious Senior Member
Christian: No

Post by bizzt »

I like Playing my Hockey 2005 (Probably because I am Canadian) on Game Cube. It is probably the most I play now a Days. I have been Playing quite a bit over the last month however I have been a Bachelor for the past month as well!
Last edited by bizzt on Fri Aug 26, 2005 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BavarianWheels
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by BavarianWheels »

My son has Nintendo, Nintendo 64, PS, PS2, XBox.

...and a Game Pass at Blockbuster...lol. It's so worth it!

Now that school has started, he's back to playing only 2 hrs / week.
Prodigal Son

Post by Prodigal Son »

yes.
New Creation
2 Corinthians 5:7
Believer
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Believer »

I voted "NO" because I had really bad OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder). I would buy all these games, stock pile them, and never play them. I would sell my game consoles if dust got on them and then rebought the same console new again. If I got a minor crushed package that had the game inside which was fine, but if the shipping package was crushed a little, the whole thing goes back. I am currently and most likely permanently not able to purchase from Amazon.com, EBgames.com, Outpost.com, and some others. :?
ochotseat

Re: Do you play video games?

Post by ochotseat »

Ark~Magic wrote: My fvorite consoles right now are GameCube and Gameboy Advance.
No PS2? :o
BavarianWheels
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by BavarianWheels »

Oh ya...forgot GameBoy Advance and GameBoy Advance SP...
Believer
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Believer »

BavarianWheels wrote:.
My son has Nintendo, Nintendo 64, PS, PS2, XBox.

...and a Game Pass at Blockbuster...lol. It's so worth it!

Now that school has started, he's back to playing only 2 hrs / week.
BavarianWheels wrote:.
Oh ya...forgot GameBoy Advance and GameBoy Advance SP...
Tis' a lot. Ditch the Game Boy's and get the Nintendo DS, it plays all Game Boy Advance games.
Ark~Magic
Established Member

RE:

Post by Ark~Magic »

Tis' a lot. Ditch the Game Boy's and get the Nintendo DS, it plays all Game Boy Advance games.
SP is still better because it's smaller and the most important thing I wanted to mention is that Nintendo DS cuts off support for older GBA games. It cannot play GB or GB Color games. So you'll be throwing out access to a large library.

NDS is limited, anyway.
"And I shall slay them who partake of futurism, for in the preterist light there will be everlasting salvation, truth, and peace." ~ Faust
LittleShepherd
Established Member

Post by LittleShepherd »

Yeah, I play quite a bit. Currently I've been emulating a couple impossible-to-get titles, such as Dragon Warrior 5(which was never translated into English, but I have a patched ROM for, so yay!).

My favorite system is my PS2, followed closely by my GBA and GC. I wish I'd never gotten my XBox...usless oversized paperweight that it is. I also wish I'd never been given a PSP, and that my family had gotten me the iPod that I asked for instead. But oh well...I can always sell it.
Ark~Magic
Established Member

RE:

Post by Ark~Magic »

I've been planning on selling my XBOX and getting one of those new smaller PS2 Models (PSTwo, ala PSOne, those compact units). Is it true that PS2 breaks down alot, though?

I may keep some precious XBOX titles in case PC emulation becomes possible. Or unless XBOX 360 is really worth it (and I highly doubt I'll even care!)

Yes, GBA is great. Nintendo DS... Maybe. It's sad that the new Gameboy Micro will also cut off support for non-GBA games as well. But it will be too small anyway.

One game I enjoyed recently was a black and white GB title called "CastleQuest", which is kind of like a Chess-style strategy RPG. Really whacky, too. I currently collect GB/GBC/GBA games.
LittleShepherd
Established Member

Re: RE:

Post by LittleShepherd »

Ark~Magic wrote:Is it true that PS2 breaks down alot, though?
Not to my knowledge, no. I had my PS2 since the day it came out...years and years ago. It's still going strong today.
Ark~Magic
Established Member

RE:

Post by Ark~Magic »

Oh! Speaking of which, got any good games for PS2 to reccomend that I wouldn't already know? (i.e.; non-popular titles that I should look out for)

And how about GameCube? My library for it isn't too big yet (I only want quality games :P)

Any GBA suggestions are welcomed too!
bizzt

Re: RE:

Post by bizzt »

Ark~Magic wrote:Oh! Speaking of which, got any good games for PS2 to reccomend that I wouldn't already know? (i.e.; non-popular titles that I should look out for)

And how about GameCube? My library for it isn't too big yet (I only want quality games :P)

Any GBA suggestions are welcomed too!
I like NHL 2005 for GameCube... Mario Kart is fun Too...
TimM1104
Recognized Member

Post by TimM1104 »

So many XBox put downs, I myself am a Xbox fan... I only play Computer and Xbox games.. I guess I am more of an Microsoft lover? I enjoy the Xbox's high quality graphic cards, and my computer's as well... Halo2 is a great XBox game, but some of the gameplay is a little downgraded from Halo1, but it is much more even. Halo1 is and will always be a classic in my mind, evolving the normal Console games to use 2 thumbsticks instead of one. On the computer I am still addicted to Diablo, nothing like going through "hell" and killing the Devil... Not theological at all I know, yet entertaining none the least.