Please Introduce Yourself Here

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
zoegirl
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Please Introduce Yourself Here

Post by zoegirl »

welcome aboard and jump into any discussions
"And we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Jesus Christ"
Minkyweasel
Newbie Member

Post by Minkyweasel »

As you make the request to introduce myself here, here I am! My name is Shirley Anne aka Minkyweasel. I was born in 1945 but I only became a Christian early in 1989. I spent the next ten years in a Pentecostal fellowship. I left that environment because of disillusionment with that fellowship and have not been in fellowship since. However my beliefs have become stronger and I have learned far more about my faith since by searching and studying the beliefs of other Christians and other fellowship and church groups and of course studying the Bible. I have the Holy Spirit as my guide through the maze and diversity of the Church. I don't think that any one group or church has all the answers. I am not seeking anything specifically here but if I see something of interest I will make comment. My attitude is one of, keep silent so others won't know how stupid I am, rather than speak out and remove any doubt! I jest of course but too much discussion can cause friction and that is something I do not wish between brothers and sisters in Christ. Now I notice that not many posts are being made so it might be some time before this is even read. I am patient. Love
Shirley Anne
angelmyst
Newbie Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by angelmyst »

I found this forum while looking for something to help a friend who claims to be agnostic. I myself have been a Christian for 31 years, having accepted Christ in 1980. It is hard to deal with those close to you, and the desire to see them trust Christ can sometimes be so strong, that you are not as careful as you would be when presenting the Gospel to a stranger. I look forward to reading others thoughts and picking up tidbits to help my friend.
I am a recently separated Mother of 5, 3 who are adults. I have seen my God work in wonderful ways on our behalf, as we have been left, as far as the world would view it, :cry: destitute. But I have my God, and He is faithful, so we are far from destitute :amen: . Looking forward to meeting some new friends....See you. :esmile:
zoegirl
Old School

Post by zoegirl »

Glad to have you here angel!!! Jump into the discussions and join us!!! Your testimony is powerful!!
angelmyst
Newbie Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by angelmyst »

TY ZOEGIRL....Your posted verse is one of my favorites!!!
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Welcome Shirley Anne 'aka' Minkyweasel !

And Angelmyst!
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
Reactionary
Sex: Male

Post by Reactionary »

20-year-old truth seeker here. I found this forum (just like the others from the previous posts) looking for answers regarding Christianity, and I'm very satisfied with the resources available here. I've been a Catholic for my entire life, but I never thought about the crucial questions until recently. Now I'm looking to improve my faith and learn to defend it, as that is very important in this secular society - in which people get an impression that I'm conservative - which caused an internal joke that produced my nickname :esmile:

Regards :D
zoegirl
Old School

Post by zoegirl »

Welcome Reactionary!!! Jump right in!
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Reactionary wrote:20-year-old truth seeker here. I found this forum (just like the others from the previous posts) looking for answers regarding Christianity, and I'm very satisfied with the resources available here. I've been a Catholic for my entire life, but I never thought about the crucial questions until recently. Now I'm looking to improve my faith and learn to defend it, as that is very important in this secular society - in which people get an impression that I'm conservative - which caused an internal joke that produced my nickname :esmile:

Regards :D
Welcome!
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
rockman0
Acquainted Member

Post by rockman0 »

Hi, all. I'm a 20 year old college student at Mississippi State University. I major in Computer Science because I'm a nerd. (:p) I came here today looking to better understand what I believe about the Bible and things that I don't believe in such as evolution, etc.

I hang out on another website called SoulPancake, which is full of atheists who feel the need to prove people wrong regarding Christianity. I'll admit, they had gotten to me. The posts and everything that were made there had me seriously thinking whether or not my beliefs were really true. Was I believing in a false God? Was I being a hypocrite? Was everything that I was taught in Sunday School and life a lie? Well, something happened where I was directed to Greg Boyd's (Christus Ministries) website. It made a lot of sense on topics that atheists usually use to put Christians down such as extreme prosecution of homosexual people, authenticity of the existence of Jesus, justification of someone living in eternal punishment. For the first time after a while, I felt at ease and happy to be a Christian. Somehow, through that website, I came upon this website. And it was even more icing on the cake. There was all sorts of information that I literally spent all day reading. I really enjoyed it too, especially the one about Asherah being God's wife, which was one of the topics that had me really feeling down about the truth of my religion.

So, here I am happy to have found this website. I thank God for directing me here. I thank the writers of this site for making the information available, online, for free. And I'm also thankful that you guys created these forums. All in all, I'm glad to be here and can't wait to learn more about the God that I serve.
CeT-To
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by CeT-To »

Welcome rockman0! :) i hope you get involved in discussions here cause i know that you will learn a lot!!!

God bless! :D
But joy and happiness in you to all who seek you! Let them ceaselessly cry,"Great is Yahweh" who love your saving power. Psalm 40:16

I Praise you Yahweh, my Lord, my God!!!!!
zoegirl
Old School

Post by zoegirl »

Welcome!!! Please feel free to pepper us with your questions. Investigation is good! Keep praying about and immerse yourself in His word. Glad you are here!
Reactionary

Post by Reactionary »

rockman0 wrote:Hi, all. I'm a 20 year old college student at Mississippi State University. I major in Computer Science because I'm a nerd. (:p) I came here today looking to better understand what I believe about the Bible and things that I don't believe in such as evolution, etc.
Welcome!
I'm a 20 year old college student too. I don't believe in evolution either. :D
I understand your doubts, I faced them as well, and this site helped remove many. I've been familiar with godandscience.org for a while now, I just joined the forums recently. Good luck with your quest for truth! 8)
"Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and then turn and tear you to pieces." Matthew 7:6

"For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse." Romans 1:20

--Reactionary
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

Hi there,
My name is Paul, I am a 42 years old married male, orginally from Portugal but living in Canada.
I have a Bach. of Business, Bach. of Mechanical Eng. and on doing my Bach. in Theology.
I was brought up a RC, but my parents and older sister converted to the JW's a few years ago ( my younger sister and I did not, though she almost was baptized).
I found this site using my google-fu ;) .
I used to frequent Jehovas-witness.net and that side really helped me to deal with my JW family, though it tends to be a tad...well...atheistic at times, overly at times to be honest.
I also like reading the biologos website.
Just wanted to introduce myself and say Hi to everyone.

Paul
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

Welcome Paul. :wave:
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.