Please Introduce Yourself Here

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Kenzel
Recognized Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Please Introduce Yourself Here

Post by Kenzel »

zoegirl wrote:Welcome to both of you!! JUmp into the discussions! And Kenzel, what interests you about the paranormal? Start a new thread if you'd like

Thanks, Zoe! And to answer your question, I suppose I'm so intrigued by the paranormal because it's kind of mysterious (and creepy). I'm especially interested in ghosts and UFOs :P
zoegirl
Old School
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by zoegirl »

DO you like sci-fi? I'm not quite as interested in ghosts or such but I do like science fiction. Obviously I'm a Doctor Who nut.
"And we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Jesus Christ"
Kenzel
Recognized Member

Post by Kenzel »

zoegirl wrote:DO you like sci-fi? I'm not quite as interested in ghosts or such but I do like science fiction. Obviously I'm a Doctor Who nut.
Yeah I've seen tones of Sci-fi films. I've been a Star Wars fan since before I can remember! I've never seen Doctor Who though..
zoegirl
Old School

Post by zoegirl »

Star Wars is cool, although I wasn't as impressed with the last three but I did like the first three made (which technically I guess are the last three )
Kenzel
Recognized Member

Post by Kenzel »

zoegirl wrote:Star Wars is cool, although I wasn't as impressed with the last three but I did like the first three made (which technically I guess are the last three )
Yeah, same here..I wasn't a fan of Jar Jar
Thomas
Newbie Member
Sex: Male

Post by Thomas »

Hi, I'm Thomas.
greene01
Newbie Member

Post by greene01 »

Hi my name is Kathy,looking forward to learning, and contributing input as the Lord leads. I live in Colorado. Glad to be here!
zoegirl
Old School

Post by zoegirl »

Welcome to both of you! Jump right in!
Blsdnhilyfvrd_55
Newbie Member

Post by Blsdnhilyfvrd_55 »

Hello Everyone; I am Blessed and Highly Favored to be in the midst of god's kingdom. I look forward to spiritual planting and fruitful growth.
Canuckster1127
Old School
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Canuckster1127 »

Blsdnhilyfvrd_55 wrote:Hello Everyone; I am Blessed and Highly Favored to be in the midst of god's kingdom. I look forward to spiritual planting and fruitful growth.
Welcome!
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
ocarina_boy
Newbie Member

Post by ocarina_boy »

I'm 21 years old and I live in Western Australia. I have spent alot of time over the past 1-3 years looking for truth. The first thing that woke me up was the Zeigeist film. As time went on I learnt more and more, thanks to the internet of course( or God). There's really no other way you can learn about how evil is in control of the planet. And here I am now, I have left the New Age belief systems, have happened across an old 82 year old Bible that I found in an antique shop,and have turned to Christ and the Bible for answers.
zoegirl
Old School

Post by zoegirl »

praise Him! Welcome to the board and I hope that we can help you in your new journey
PreciousEden
Newbie Member

Post by PreciousEden »

Hello all!

Have been creeping around this site for about a week now, bumped into the forum early yesterday. I was born and raised in an ani-baptist church and formally asked Jesus Christ into my heart at the age of 13...then I strayed. I never stopped praying, ever, kinda been a 'secret christian'. For the past 15 years not one day has gone by that I haven't praised the lord or asked him for guidance. But...I have doubted him, doubted his existance. A scientific mind semed to blurr my faith, and I had (or thought I had) no where to turn. My consistant searching has lead me here...and its fascinating. My problem....I am still not convinced, yet my spirit yearns to 'know'. I have sinned so much since I was 're-born'...what do I do now??? Biggies too...children out of wedlock, married a non-christian (but with a Christian ceremony) and are still happily married, and much more....I'm all over the place here, I know, but to those of you who 'know' Jesus and are unafraid of death--How did you get there? And do you ever doubt? Anyway, happy I found yas! I'm truly looking forward to future discussions!

Cheers!
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

PreciousEden wrote:But...I have doubted him, doubted his existance. A scientific mind semed to blurr my faith, and I had (or thought I had) no where to turn. My consistant searching has lead me here...and its fascinating. My problem....I am still not convinced, yet my spirit yearns to 'know'.
Hi Precious.. It's ok to have doubts. About science, unfortunately it cannot be used to it's 100% capacity to either prove or disprove God. It has never been accomplished... There are only weights and measures of evidence and much of that has been dipped in philosophy. That really is where the battle is..
PreciousEden wrote:I have sinned so much since I was 're-born'...what do I do now??? Biggies too...children out of wedlock, married a non-christian (but with a Christian ceremony) and are still happily married, and much more....I'm all over the place here, I know,
Sin needs to stop if you want to progress.. It's actually for your own good. Think of sin as bags of sand that hold you down. If you get to many of them, they hold your spirit down almost to where you can't move anymore.. By confessing them, and through the Holy Spirit of forgiveness, these bags of sin will slowly be lifted off you. You see, God wants us to be free of sin so that we can live our lives to it's fullest potential.

PreciousEden wrote:but to those of you who 'know' Jesus and are unafraid of death--How did you get there? And do you ever doubt? Anyway, happy I found yas! I'm truly looking forward to future discussions!

Cheers!
I still doubt, but recently I've gotten a lot better.. And I know that physical death is really nothing to fear.

And you can have that too... It appears to me that your sin is really the problem here.. Once you get through that, with the help of God of course, will real change come. Understanding science won't, understanding God will..
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
emaus
Newbie Member

Post by emaus »

Hi everyone! I am new here. I am a Christian, and I am interested in reading everyone's discussions what what they believe the bible covers. Thank you for having me!