dinosaurs and man coexisted?

Discussions on creation beliefs within Christianity, and topics related to creation.
ochotseat

Post by ochotseat »

waynes world wrote: I tend to think that even the babies would have been too large to fit in the door of the Ark.
Well, they weren't.

"So we are suggesting this was a relatively helpless little hatchling."

Q: What were the smallest and biggest eggs ever found?
A: The biggest dinosaur eggs we know are shaped like giant footballs and are about 19 inches long. The smallest dinosaur eggs are just a few inches across and more tennis ball-shaped and we don't know what dinosaur made them.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/20 ... 425329.htm

That means that if Noah had transported newborn dinosaurs, they would have been very tiny at the time. Also, not all dinosaurs were huge. Some were as small as birds or other living animals today.
Do we really honestly know what a Behemoth or a Leviathan is?
The passages from Job, which I posted, seem to suggest a dinosaur.
I don't see where God is saying that the dinosaurs entered the ark.

That depends on how you interpret Genesis (the length of one day, if the Garden of Eden was literal or symbolic, if God wiped out the dinosaurs before Adam and Eve, and so on).
waynes world
Established Member
Christian: No

Post by waynes world »

Even if Behemoth did refer to dinasours I don't see anything in Job 41 where they entered the ark. Especially when God has already answered the question with a "no.''
ochotseat

Post by ochotseat »

waynes world wrote:Even if Behemoth did refer to dinasours I don't see anything in Job 41 where they entered the ark. Especially when God has already answered the question with a "no.''
What "no" are you exactly talking about? You keep saying it.
If you don't believe God destroyed the dinosaurs before creating Adam and Eve, then they boarded the ark just like every other living creature at the time.
waynes world
Established Member

Post by waynes world »

Look at the beginning of Job 38 when God asks Job "where were you when I laid the foundations of the earth?" God has already answered the question with a no. If you read the whole verse in question in Job 41 its unlikely to me that Job could tie a leviathan with a fish hook. The answer is "no" here too, not yes. The whole point like I said and I'll say it again was that God was getting Job to worship Him just like he wants us to, not to prove any creationist idea.
ochotseat

Post by ochotseat »

waynes world wrote:Look at the beginning of Job 38 when God asks Job "where were you when I laid the foundations of the earth?" God has already answered the question with a no. If you read the whole verse in question in Job 41 its unlikely to me that Job could tie a leviathan with a fish hook. The answer is "no" here too, not yes. The whole point like I said and I'll say it again was that God was getting Job to worship Him just like he wants us to, not to prove any creationist idea.
It helps if you post what you're talking about. If you don't believe that Adam and Eve may have existed during the time of the dinosaurs, maybe you should take a glance at the earlier posts on this thread.
By the way, there are other threads you can reply to. :wink:
waynes world
Established Member

Post by waynes world »

I have looked at the whole thread and I disagree. It seems odd to me that someone can take an idea that is only is a few decades old and put in scripture as if it was always there. I have followed this debate since the 60s and never had heard of the dinasours co-existing with men idea until Scientific Creationism came along. Like I said, God is not proving that in Job 41 He is trying to get Job to worship Him. Can't you see that?
ochotseat

Post by ochotseat »

waynes world wrote:I have looked at the whole thread and I disagree. It seems odd to me that someone can take an idea that is only is a few decades old and put in scripture as if it was always there. I have followed this debate since the 60s and never had heard of the dinasours co-existing with men idea until Scientific Creationism came along. Like I said, God is not proving that in Job 41 He is trying to get Job to worship Him. Can't you see that?
And can't you see that it may very well be describing a dinosaur? You can't read God's mind.
waynes world
Established Member

Post by waynes world »

I think it wouild be reading God's mind to read a dinasour into that verse! I think God is trying to get Job realize how small he is in comparison to him. I don't think it really matters what the animal is. Unless we were there physically its unwise to be so sure that it is a dino, because when I saw the verse in the Hebrew the meaning of the word is unknown.
ochotseat

Post by ochotseat »

waynes world wrote:I think it wouild be reading God's mind to read a dinasour into that verse! I think God is trying to get Job realize how small he is in comparison to him. I don't think it really matters what the animal is. Unless we were there physically its unwise to be so sure that it is a dino, because when I saw the verse in the Hebrew the meaning of the word is unknown.
We shouldn't brush it aside as not being a dinosaur either, which you seem to be doing.
waynes world
Established Member

Post by waynes world »

I wasn't alive when God spoke to Job so I don't know what the animal was, but does it really matter what it is? Even if it were a dinasour, where is God telling Job that the dinos climbed aboard the ark? Thats not the point of the passage. God is trying to humble Job and get Job to worship Him. What's so hard to understand about that? :wink:
ochotseat

Post by ochotseat »

waynes world wrote:I wasn't alive when God spoke to Job so I don't know what the animal was, but does it really matter what it is? Even if it were a dinasour, where is God telling Job that the dinos climbed aboard the ark? Thats not the point of the passage. God is trying to humble Job and get Job to worship Him. What's so hard to understand about that? :wink:
If you don't want people to interpret the verse as describing a dinosaur, which the majority of Americans do, then you shouldn't reject the notion either. What's so hard to understand about that? :wink:
waynes world
Established Member

Post by waynes world »

Like I said I wasn't there when God spoke to Job. I doubt that most americans think the dinasours co-existed with men. Does it really matter if they did or not? God's whole point is that Job should worship Him. I wish you could see that
Prodigal Son

Post by Prodigal Son »

don't waste your time/energy, wayne. he can't see that. most narcissists can't understand much outside their own views.

but, i cited some links at the beginning of this thread that you might be interested in. they talk about the whole behemoth thing. if you read them, i'd be interested in knowing what you think.
New Creation
2 Corinthians 5:7
waynes world
Established Member

Post by waynes world »

Some people have their minds made up. Would you mind reposting them since I am new here? Thanks :?
ochotseat

Post by ochotseat »

I doubt that most americans think the dinasours co-existed with men.
Most Americans believe in the literal truth of the Bible, so they do.
God's whole point is that Job should worship Him. I wish you could see that
And I've been saying that Job may or may not be describing a dinosaur. You said you agree with that possibility, so why are you debating it?
Prodigal Son wrote: most narcissists can't understand much outside their own views. .
You seem to know about that. :roll: