Please Introduce Yourself Here

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
PropUSN
Newbie Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Please Introduce Yourself Here

Post by PropUSN »

Hello everyone. I'm William Propsner. I live in New Mexico. Am a USN veteran. Just want to say that this is the best website that I've found that has the same beliefs as myself. God and science CAN get along. God Bless all of you. Thanks and feel free to e-mail me if you like.
Gabrielman
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Gabrielman »

Welcome to the Board Prop. Do you prefer William, or Prop? I love this site because the union of God and Science as well! I hope you have fun here and hope to see a lot of posts out of you!
God bless!
Once I was trapped in a perpetual night, without even a star to light the sky. Now I stand in the glory of the Son, and not even a faint shadow of darkness remains.
PropUSN
Newbie Member

Post by PropUSN »

;) William is just fine thank you. And thank you for the welcome. 'William'.....means armour of the gods. But there is only ONE God, so i'll try to be His armour as well. Anyway, thanks for the welcome.
ageofknowledge
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by ageofknowledge »

PropUSN wrote:Hello everyone. I'm William Propsner. I live in New Mexico. Am a USN veteran. Just want to say that this is the best website that I've found that has the same beliefs as myself. God and science CAN get along. God Bless all of you. Thanks and feel free to e-mail me if you like.
What's this? Another squid? Welcome aboard. Watch you don't hit your head on the deckhead navigating these compartments. I served amphib transport LPDs in San Diego for a short tour. Nothing like being surrounded by jarheads for one's entire enlistment in the Navy... lol. Glad to meet you.
PropUSN
Newbie Member

Post by PropUSN »

Yep, another 'squid' reporting for duty. Call in for muster. Or is it mustard? Never really could tell. Served my time at NAS Pensacola and Jax. Now am land locked here in New Mexico. Did my 7 years during Nam and would gladly go back in. To teach some of these young boots what it's REALLY like! God Bless all our veterans and our military. God Bless the USA
PropUSN
Newbie Member

Post by PropUSN »

Oh, and by the way Ageofknowledge, the most USN ships I saw was when I worked at Western Steel in SD a few years back. Loved that job!
ageofknowledge
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by ageofknowledge »

PropUSN wrote:Yep, another 'squid' reporting for duty. Call in for muster. Or is it mustard? Never really could tell. Served my time at NAS Pensacola and Jax. Now am land locked here in New Mexico. Did my 7 years during Nam and would gladly go back in. To teach some of these young boots what it's REALLY like! God Bless all our veterans and our military. God Bless the USA
Haha.. I like your style :). Welcome to the forum.
phoebe43
Newbie Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by phoebe43 »

Hi. I am a newbie and should have created a user name like "wanttobelieve" because I'm agnostic. I'm a college professor and obviously, have been trained to think logically and linearly. I find I have a great problem understanding the role of suffering in the world. I nearly cry when I hear about cruelty towards innocents in the news (for example, the boy being set on fire by the 5 boys in FL)...I am hoping to engage in meaningful and logical conversation about this issue and others. Some I'm sure have been discussed like, "How can a perfect god create an imperfect world?" I live in the Bible Belt (in the "city of churches" actually) and meet a lot of nice people who are Christian and I don't want to ever offend Christians or anyone else. I always find though that a lot of what I hear just doesn't make sense if you apply logic to it. I am excited about exploring scientific perspectives on God. Thank you for reading my ramblings...Phoebe43
Gabrielman
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Gabrielman »

:wave: Hi Phoebe. Did you read the article on the main site about evil and suffering? If not, and you would like to, I can give you a link. I am sure that we all here would be more than happy to disscuss this with you. Welcome to the forms!
Once I was trapped in a perpetual night, without even a star to light the sky. Now I stand in the glory of the Son, and not even a faint shadow of darkness remains.
zoegirl
Old School
Sex: Female

Post by zoegirl »

Welcome Phoebe43

Glad to have you here.
"And we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Jesus Christ"
PropUSN
Newbie Member

Post by PropUSN »

Welcome Phoebe. Good to have you on board. I'm fairly new here as well. Seems like a lot of good folk here. But then again, I haven't read ALL the posts. But nuttin wrong with that right? Now i'd rather not talk about the 'Bible belt'. I lived in P-cola Florida for some 20 odd years. Yes I say pdd years. Ooops, don't want to offend any Floridians. God Bless you and have fun here. so let it be written........so let it be done.
PropUSN
Newbie Member

Post by PropUSN »

Oops! That was suppose to be 'odd'.....not pdd. My bad. Nobuddies purfect.
ageofknowledge
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by ageofknowledge »

Belay that PropUSN... lol. I can't believe I get to use my Navy lingo again.. hehe. Anyways, nice to meet you Phoebe43.
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

phoebe43 wrote:Hi. I am a newbie and should have created a user name like "wanttobelieve" because I'm agnostic. I'm a college professor and obviously, have been trained to think logically and linearly. I find I have a great problem understanding the role of suffering in the world. I nearly cry when I hear about cruelty towards innocents in the news (for example, the boy being set on fire by the 5 boys in FL)...I am hoping to engage in meaningful and logical conversation about this issue and others. Some I'm sure have been discussed like, "How can a perfect god create an imperfect world?" I live in the Bible Belt (in the "city of churches" actually) and meet a lot of nice people who are Christian and I don't want to ever offend Christians or anyone else. I always find though that a lot of what I hear just doesn't make sense if you apply logic to it. I am excited about exploring scientific perspectives on God. Thank you for reading my ramblings...Phoebe43
Hi Phoebe43 and welcome to the board. You might want to start by reading this ongoing discussion. Sorry to throw you in the proverbial lion's den but hey, you asked for a meaningful debate.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
touchingcloth
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by touchingcloth »

PropUSN wrote:I lived in P-cola Florida for some 20 odd years.
You're Kent Hovind AICMFP.