Does anything attract you to Atheism?

Healthy skepticism of ALL worldviews is good. Skeptical of non-belief like found in Atheism? Post your challenging questions. Responses are encouraged.
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Does anything attract you to Atheism?

Post by Storyteller »

Audie wrote:
Story : Because you are asking for us to prove ToE wrong.
Not really. I know nobody can. I am pointing out that those who argue it is false despite that are one or both of ignorant / dishonest.

It dishonours such god as there may be to make false attributions to him
Story:.Where have I done that?
You have not, to my knowledge. Others are quite blatant about it.

You just said "apart from there being no transitional fossils". You sure didnt get that from a paleontologist, not from study, not from knowing what a "transitional fossil" would even be if you saw one. Correct?
Story: so are there any? if not, wouldnt you expect to find at least, some?
Audie wrote:yes, there is a great abundance of fossil forms that show this.
Can you give an example?
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
Audie
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Audie »

Storyteller wrote:
Audie wrote:
Story : Because you are asking for us to prove ToE wrong.
Not really. I know nobody can. I am pointing out that those who argue it is false despite that are one or both of ignorant / dishonest.

It dishonours such god as there may be to make false attributions to him
Story:.Where have I done that?
You have not, to my knowledge. Others are quite blatant about it.

You just said "apart from there being no transitional fossils". You sure didnt get that from a paleontologist, not from study, not from knowing what a "transitional fossil" would even be if you saw one. Correct?
Story: so are there any? if not, wouldnt you expect to find at least, some?
Audie wrote:yes, there is a great abundance of fossil forms that show this.
Can you give an example?
Of course. Could you first tho say how you envision a transitional organism?

Plant or animal, doesnt matter.
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

Something "between" I guess. Something that suggests a change, evolution occuring.

If that isn't a transitional fossil, please explain to me what one actually is?
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

Kenny wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:Nothing about atheism attracts me. I think atheists are some of the most intellectually dishonest people there are.I mean they say we who believe in God have not provided enough evidence to convince them our God is real,yet they accept atheism with absolutely no evidence at all it is true and they even brag about them not needing evidence. It is a double standard that they overlook,they set the bar for evidence so high when it comes to God yet give atheism a pass when it comes to evidence. Even false religions have more evidence than atheism does.

Also from what I hear from atheist scientists who alot of atheists look up to? It requires alot more faith to believe the atheist scientist than to believe everything in the bible. Genesis 1:1 "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth." is so much easier to believe than anything I've heard them come up with.Atheists willingly take the long way around to try to discover the truth,while acting like they don't.
As a caring Atheist, I am going to inform you that there is an argument against atheism that is irrefutable.
Atheism is the rejection of the man made claim that God exist.

You can reduce Atheism to dust, reduce it to absurdity by just supplying evidence that supports the claim that man makes about the existence of God.

Ken
Irrefutable? There is absolutely no evidence atheism is true,yet you believe it.I like evidencwe behind what I believe,but yu do not care about evidence and this is the difference.You don't care about evidenc for what you believe,and it is taking the long way around to discover ruth just like I said. You can hide behind atheist phrases if you want to,but it is just an opinion at best with no evidence behind it.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

acb wrote:
Irrefutable? There is absolutely no evidence atheism is true,yet you believe it.I like evidencwe behind what I believe,but yu do not care about evidence and this is the difference.You don't care about evidenc for what you believe,and it is taking the long way around to discover ruth just like I said. You can hide behind atheist phrases if you want to,but it is just an opinion at best with no evidence behind it.
ACB,

Atheism is the belief that God(s) doesn't exist. It's a belief.

Atheism itself, is not a truth claim.

The same goes for theism. Theism is a belief that God(s) exist(s).

If someone said, "God does not exist!", you could make the argument that there's no evidence proving that to be true.

That's how I understand it anyways.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

Audie wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:Nothing about atheism attracts me. I think atheists are some of the most intellectually dishonest people there are.I mean they say we who believe in God have not provided enough evidence to convince them our God is real,yet they accept atheism with absolutely no evidence at all it is true and they even brag about them not needing evidence. It is a double standard that they overlook,they set the bar for evidence so high when it comes to God yet give atheism a pass when it comes to evidence. Even false religions have more evidence than atheism does.

Also from what I hear from atheist scientists who alot of atheists look up to? It requires alot more faith to believe the atheist scientist than to believe everything in the bible. Genesis 1:1 "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth." is so much easier to believe than anything I've heard them come up with.Atheists willingly take the long way around to try to discover the truth,while acting like they don't.

To be a creationist (yec /gap) has stern requirements. One has to be one or all three of
ignorant, mentally disturbed, or intellectually dishonest.
That has nothing to do with my view on atheism.Your opinion about my creation stance does'nt make my point go away about how intellectually dishonest atheists are.We will know who is right when we get to heaven about our creation stance I can't wait until I'm vindicated,lol. I think you know Gap creationism would be a serious threat to the theory of evolution and that is why you attack it more than even YEC. I've seen this before from atheists when they are confronted with a Gap Theorist suddenly they start defending YEC,they even debate us like we are YEC,but we are'nt. The theory of evolution is not evidence for atheism anyway,you still have to have a cause and God would be the most logical cause and this applies to any scientific theory too.
Last edited by abelcainsbrother on Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

RickD wrote:
acb wrote:
ACB,

If someone said, "God does not exist!", you could make the argument that there's no evidence proving that to be true.

I understand how they hide behind it,but they still have no evidence and that matters to me,even if you give them the benefit of the doubt,still no evidence for atheism,unlike us who believe in God,we have evidence,while they don't.

Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

The way I see it. We all have the same evidence. We just believe it supports different things.

I'm not sure ToE is used as proof of atheism either.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

abelcainsbrother wrote:
RickD wrote:
acb wrote:
ACB,

I understand how they hide behind it,but they still have no evidence and that matters to me,even if you give them the benefit of the doubt,still no evidence for atheism,unlike us who believe in God,we have evidence,while they don't.
ACB,

I don't understand what you're saying. You are claiming that atheists have no evidence that atheism is true? It doesn't make any sense, what you're saying.

Maybe you need to word it differently.

I think perhaps you're saying that "God does not exist", is not true, and there's no evidence that proves that claim to be true. But, that claim is not atheism. I think you're kinda mixing it up.
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

RickD wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:
RickD wrote:
acb wrote:
ACB,

ACB,

I don't understand what you're saying. You are claiming that atheists have no evidence that atheism is true? It doesn't make any sense, what you're saying.

I think perhaps you're saying that "God does not exist", is not true, and there's no evidence that proves that claim to be true. But, that claim is not atheism. I think you're kinda mixing it up.
Yes,I'm saying atheists have no evidence atheism is true and I'm right and it does not matter to me if it is just an opinion about God,whether they are serious about there being no God or not. It is just an opinion if they claim they don't know if God exists or say God does'nt exist,either way they still have no evidence,it is just an opinion at best,whether agnostic or atheist.

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

abelcainsbrother wrote:
RickD wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:
RickD wrote:
acb wrote:
ACB,

ACB,

Yes,I'm saying atheists have no evidence atheism is true and I'm right and it does not matter to me if it is just an opinion about God,whether they are serious about there being no God or not. It is just an opinion if they claim they don't know if God exists or say God does'nt exist,either way they still have no evidence,it is just an opinion at best,whether agnostic or atheist.
But wait...you don't...

Nevermind. y#-o

-Edward R Murrow

abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

RickD wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:
RickD wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:
RickD wrote: ACB,

ACB,

But wait...you don't...

Nevermind. y#-o
I think you're giving them the benefit of the doubt about how they phrase it,while I'm not.They phrase it in a way where it excuses them from needing evidence but I'm just pointing out there lack of evidence regardless of how they phrase it.

Audie
Ultimate Member

Post by Audie »

abelcainsbrother wrote:
Audie wrote:

To be a creationist (yec /gap) has stern requirements. One has to be one or all three of
ignorant, mentally disturbed, or intellectually dishonest.
That has nothing to do with my view on atheism.Your opinion about my creation stance does'nt make my point go away about how intellectually dishonest atheists are.We will know who is right when we get to heaven about our creation stance I can't wait until I'm vindicated,lol. I think you know Gap creationism would be a serious threat to the theory of evolution and that is why you attack it more than even YEC. I've seen this before from atheists when they are confronted with a Gap Theorist suddenly they start defending YEC,they even debate us like we are YEC,but we are'nt. The theory of evolution is not evidence for atheism anyway,you still have to have a cause and God would be the most logical cause and this applies to any scientific theory too.

Yah blah whatever.
Audie
Ultimate Member

Post by Audie »

Storyteller wrote:The way I see it. We all have the same evidence. We just believe it supports different things.

I'm not sure ToE is used as proof of atheism either.
"Proof of atheism" is just nonsense. It literally has no meaning.

Evolution has nothing to do with the existence / nonexistence of any god.

Trying to use a theory to prove anyghing is nuts, if anyone even tries to.

Oh...and we all, in principle, have access to the same info.

It is far from true to say that any honest creationist has much knowledge
of science. Possible access, and actual comprehension, knowledge are not the same,
at all.

Otherwise, toss a medical book to the janitor, have him do brain surgery.

Any takers?
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Audie: It ifar from true to say that any honest creationist has much knowledge of science. Possible access, and actual comprehension, knowledge are not the same, at all.
:shakehead:

Audie, that statement has ZERO credibility - and you KNOW it! More than a few well-known PhDs are a creationist.