Please Introduce Yourself Here

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
megacab64
Acquainted Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Please Introduce Yourself Here

Post by megacab64 »

Hello,
I just had a horrible experience on the Richard Dawkins forum. Savage beast most of them.

Anyway I reside in Northern Alberta Canada and have been a Christian for about 8 years now. For me it was a long painful search.

I hope the conversations will be more respectful than what I just ran into.

Take care all

and God Bless
zoegirl
Old School
Sex: Female

Post by zoegirl »

Welcome aboard and hope your visits here are fruitful and respectful
"And we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Jesus Christ"
cslewislover
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by cslewislover »

Hey megacab64. Does that mean you drive a cab for a living? Welcome to the site. I wouldn't want to visit a Dawkins site, lol. Not really. Unless I were feeling guilty over feeling too happy one day or something. Or, if I were feeling really cocky, I suppose. :)
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis
megacab64
Acquainted Member

Post by megacab64 »

Thank you both. This place "feels" better.
topic
Familiar Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by topic »

G'day all,

been looking around for a thoughtful and interesting site, this gives the apparance of one, so hopefully some great discussions can develop and find enjoyment without any egos' getting involved. Nothing like good old differances of opinion to make one grow,

cheers
ageofknowledge
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by ageofknowledge »

megacab64 wrote:Thank you both. This place "feels" better.
Wait until you get a load of me. I'm loved by all here.

:mrgreen:
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

ageofknowledge wrote:Wait until you get a load of me. I'm loved by all here.

I can attest to that. :ebiggrin:
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
ageofknowledge
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by ageofknowledge »

Byblos wrote:
ageofknowledge wrote:Wait until you get a load of me. I'm loved by all here.

I can attest to that. :ebiggrin:
Jesus loves me this I know for the Bible tells me so. :D
imoneru?
Familiar Member
Christian: No

Re: Please introduce yourself here

Post by imoneru? »

Gman wrote:
Turgonian wrote:Whee! Who among the nations shall withstand the pow'r of Holland?
Yes, for sure... As the saying goes... You ain't much if you ain't dutch... :wink:
Gman - Well, nice to meet you. Of course, surnames don't always reflect the occupation of an entire family through multiple generations...but sometimes they do.
Yes... Don't tell anyone, ok? Looks like the word is out anyway..
Bart wrote:Thats cool.

It was maybe a little different for me. I am not dutch and I was one of the few in the school whose name did not begin with "Vander" Wink

My mother was Catholic, my father was pentecostal, we went to the Anglican Church until I was 12 and then began going to evangelical Churches after that.
Well, maybe party then I guesss... That's ok, we can convert you to the dutch brotherhood.. :lol:

G -
Does the last name Vander Wall count? I was born of Dutch parents, Grand parents, and Great Grandparents, on both sides of my mother and fathers background, Yet I have never refered to my self as a Holland or Dutch American, I wonder why the black citizens of this country choose to be called African Americans when I dare say over 90% were born in this country?

Happy to be here and to be able to partisipate in the verious topics, as long as the threads don't turn into arguments but remain discussions presented in a respectable way, without an "I know all the answers and you don't attitude...Love and ..God Bless... Ray
ageofknowledge
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by ageofknowledge »

megacab64 wrote:Hello,
I just had a horrible experience on the Richard Dawkins forum. Savage beast most of them.

Anyway I reside in Northern Alberta Canada and have been a Christian for about 8 years now. For me it was a long painful search.

I hope the conversations will be more respectful than what I just ran into.

Take care all and God Bless
Richard Dawkins responding in an interview to the question "But what if there IS a God?" to which he replied "That would NOT be good!"

For Richard and his followers that will be a very very very very bad moment when they stand before God, without Christ, to be judged.
limerick
Familiar Member
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Munster part II, the saga continues!

Post by limerick »

Hello all

Many of ye may know me better as Munster, as I was banned at the beginning of this year from the G&S forum, reason being was that I am an atheist and whilst debating other members I apparently broke a few forum rules. Just to clarify I'm not denying I broke the rules and I do apologise for doing so (I didn't write anything nasty but the discussion did get heated), but many besides me were guilty in that particular thread. Basically I got off on the wrong foot with many members the first time round, so I am here to set that straight.

Anyway I have decided to start afresh and promise to abide by the guidelines. The reason I am here is mainly to discuss philosophical issues and not to antagonise other members.

Later
cslewislover
Ultimate Member

Re: Munster part II, the saga continues!

Post by cslewislover »

limerick wrote:Hello all

Many of ye may know me better as Munster, as I was banned at the beginning of this year from the G&S forum, reason being was that I am an atheist and whilst debating other members I apparently broke a few forum rules. Just to clarify I'm not denying I broke the rules and I do apologise for doing so (I didn't write anything nasty but the discussion did get heated), but many besides me were guilty in that particular thread. Basically I got off on the wrong foot with many members the first time round, so I am here to set that straight.

Anyway I have decided to start afresh and promise to abide by the guidelines. The reason I am here is mainly to discuss philosophical issues and not to antagonise other members.

Later
:wave:

:cheers:
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

Hey limerick (Munster),

I may even remember you but I'm not sure if I was involved in those heated debates. Anyway, welcome back.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
zoegirl
Old School

Post by zoegirl »

limerick wrote:Hello all

Later
Welcome back, limerick.
"And we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Jesus Christ"
imoneru?
Familiar Member

Post by imoneru? »

rodyshusband wrote:I am looking forward to sharing and learning information here. I am studying apologetics, in particular the philosophy of Christianity. I believe we, as Christians, are commanded to love God with all our soul, our hearts and our minds, as stated by Christ in Matthew. This envolves giving our faith some thought and inviting challenges.
I am highly critical of the contemporary state of the Christian church in the US in as much as it seems to rely more on emotion than thought.
I look forward to getting to know you.
Thank you!
Hi:
In surfing through the various introductions I noticed yours and as I am quite new to this forum as well and thought I would introduce myself, I'm pretty "Long in the tooth" as the eskimos would say as I am 84, However God has blessed me with good health these many years for which I am very grateful for my wife has not been as fortunate and I am her main caregiver.

When I read your post about believing that God's command to love Him with all our Heart,Soul,and Mind,(and our neighbor as our self) I thought I would mention to you that our Minister has just started a study on that very subject that will run for 40 days on Sundays and Wednesday evenings, it is based on the book "The Relationship Principles of Jesus" by Tom Holladay an asistant preacher with Rick Warren at Sattleback Church in Ca.who wrote "The Purpose Driven Life" and "The Purpose Driven Church"I am looking forward to the study as it is all about putting God and others before ourselves and I must plead guilty to that a good deal of the time. I mention it in case you find yourself in a Christian book store and may want to brouse through the book...God Bless...Ray