Ten Commandment Monument removed

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
Nessa
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Ten Commandment Monument removed

Post by Nessa »

What I think the real problem here is....is that I see the bible as living and has primary contexts and general contexts..still jesus did not come.to.do away with the Law..he came to fulfil it...he summed up the law with two commandments that cover all 10 commandments...
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Kurieuo wrote:
RickD wrote:
ACB wrote:

You can try to down play it all you want to but it is proof this is a Christian nation. The fact it was removed does not change it.
I disagree. It's not a Christian nation. And I hope it never is. I hope it stays the way it was founded. As a nation free from an established religion. A nation where we are free to practice Christianity, or any other religion.

I don't want a theocracy. Part of what makes America great, is that we are free to practice the religion/belief of our choosing. Including atheism.

It's a free country. Not a Christian country.
And its secular brainwashing that leads one to believe an authentically run Christian state would not be based upon grace. Perhaps we have different ideas on what "Christianity" is, but there would be far more liberty under a legitimate Christian theocracy, then secular, Islamic, or any other. Christ gives us the choice, and so people's choices should be respected as much as possible where they do not harm society.
There's no such animal. An "authentically run Christian state"? That's certainly not what the US is.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

I seriously don't know what you're harking on about Rick or poking a stick at.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Kurieuo wrote:I seriously don't know what you're harking on about Rick or poking a stick at.
Just responding to posts...

No harking or poking going on. Move along. These are not the droids you're looking for.
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

One more sign of the times.
Nessa
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Nessa »

Harking? Cant say I have ever heard of that one before and rick was that a sci fi joke? Or is my blondeness showing :P
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Nessa wrote:Harking? Cant say I have ever heard of that one before and rick was that a sci fi joke? Or is my blondeness showing :P
Look, I ain't in this for your revolution, and I'm not in it for you, princess. I expect to be well paid. I'm in it for the money.

-Edward R Murrow

Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

RickD wrote:
Kurieuo wrote:I seriously don't know what you're harking on about Rick or poking a stick at.
Just responding to posts...

No harking or poking going on. Move along.
Good! For a minute, I thought I was Gman. ;)

Gman, are you still around?
I think RickD wants to have a "friendly" debate.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

-Edward R Murrow

Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

Ok, so my wife just made me watch Audacity. :shock:
If you're like me and didn't know what that is, then well... it really should have been called "Awkward".
And another thing, the gospel it presents is entirely bankrupt and no Gospel at all.

How is it bankrupt?
Well, besides the vacuous and meaningless religious Christian language used when discussing Christ and the "gospel";
what is promoted is ultimately a works-based salvation, not Christ-based and most definitely not grace.

So, then I told my wife to YouTube Galatians 5:1 (because we're using smart tv in youtube).
Just wanted the passage, but came across some freaky preacher guy. This guy gave me an initial impression just by looking at him that he's probably some wacko Christian trying to start an online cult following. :P

Well, he just nailed the Gospel.
Despite his strange presentation style he was so spot on with the truth of the Gospel.

Still, I only watched about 10 minutes before I stopped it (video below).
But, if you want to really understand Christianity 101, he hits on the head what Christ is about, the Law, Works and Grace. And it is just so sad, I think, that many Christians -- many passionate Christians -- just get it so wrong.

AND, Rick, I definitely understand what you were getting at, although you were looking for droids I didn't have (if I understand his Star Wars analogy correctly). And this is so important for Christians to understand... especially considering Galatians 5:4 gives such a scary warning for those who have it wrong and place their faith in works rather than Christ.

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

You could've just said, "Ray Comfort", and I wouldn't have bothered clicking the link.

And btw, there was no droids analogy intended. I just felt like posting Star Wars. :lol:

-Edward R Murrow

Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

RickD wrote:You could've just said, "Ray Comfort", and I wouldn't have bothered clicking the link.

And btw, there was no droids analogy intended. I just felt like posting Star Wars. :lol:
My wife said that name to me, and I told her I have no idea who he is.
"He's associated with Kirk Cameron," she responded.
"Well then" I said, "I now really don't care to know who he is." :P

(now to wait and see whose feathers have been ruffled, and you can take it from there Rick ;))
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Kurieuo wrote:
RickD wrote:You could've just said, "Ray Comfort", and I wouldn't have bothered clicking the link.

My wife said that name to me, and I told her I have no idea who he is.
"He's associated with Kirk Cameron," she responded.
"Well then" I said, "I now really don't care to know who he is." :P

(now to wait and see whose feathers have been ruffled, and you can take it from there Rick ;))
You don't like Kirk Cameron? I guess you're too young to remember Growing Pains.
Show me that smile again. (Show me that smile)
Don't waste another minute on your cryin'.
We're nowhere near the end (nowhere near)
The best is ready to begin.

As long as we got each other
We got the world spinnin right in our hands.
Baby, rain or shine, all the time
We got each other, sharin' the laughter and love.

-Edward R Murrow

abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

Lauren Daigle - How Great Thou Art
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BL06fxHPVo
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by edwardmurphy »

These days it seems like people tend to identify themselves as "Christian" rather than stating their denomination like they once did. That opens the door for all kinds of people to make statements beginning with "As a Christian I always/never/think/believe/know..." and ending with a bunch of idiotic gobbledygook. That must be incredibly frustrating for the rest of you.

P.S. Ray Comfort