What is faith to you?

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Re: What is faith to you?

Post by abelcainsbrother »

I have actually given evidence for a global flood and yet it was ignored.Yet when I asked for evidence in science life evolves there was none given and all I got was anger and told that I'm not educated enough about evolution to understand it.There is more evidence for a global flood than there is for life evolving.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

abelcainsbrother wrote:I have actually given evidence for a global flood and yet it was ignored.Yet when I asked for evidence in science life evolves there was none given and all I got was anger and told that I'm not educated enough about evolution to understand it.There is more evidence for a global flood than there is for life evolving.
Your evidence wasn't ignored. People just disagreed with your belief about what the evidence shows. Just like I hope you aren't ignoring the evidence that people believe shows evolution. You're just coming to a different conclusion as to what that evidence shows.

We all have the same evidence available for us to see. We just don't all agree that the evidence points to the same things.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

RickD wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:I have actually given evidence for a global flood and yet it was ignored.Yet when I asked for evidence in science life evolves there was none given and all I got was anger and told that I'm not educated enough about evolution to understand it.There is more evidence for a global flood than there is for life evolving.
Your evidence wasn't ignored. People just disagreed with your belief about what the evidence shows. Just like I hope you aren't ignoring the evidence that people believe shows evolution. You're just coming to a different conclusion as to what that evidence shows.

We all have the same evidence available for us to see. We just don't all agree that the evidence points to the same things.
I have never seen evidence that shows life evolving but I discovered evidence for a global flood.I think people disagree with my interpretation and so disregard my evidence also but I do not disregard evidence regardless of my interpretation.

I agree we all have the same evidence available to us but come to different conclusions but I still say without evidence life evolves there is no reason to look at the evidence from that perspective and my conclusion is more believable based on the same evidence.The only thing we need is knowledgeable Gap theorists to debate evolutionists then you'd see what I mean.Evolution would be defeated unlike before.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

Sorry, Audie, but you are simply wrong.

Archaeology in Isarel & Jordan has consistently proven various biblical narratives as factual and historical.

I used to be an atheist so I understand quite well the distaste - the revulsion - this must elicit in you. You will continue to disparage the evidence - as I once did - because the alternative is unacceptable.

I understand that and don't fault you for it. as they say, Been there, done that.

FL :D
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
Audie
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Audie »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:Sorry, Audie, but you are simply wrong.

Archaeology in Isarel & Jordan has consistently proven various biblical narratives as factual and historical.

I used to be an atheist so I understand quite well the distaste - the revulsion - this must elicit in you. You will continue to disparage the evidence - as I once did - because the alternative is unacceptable.

I understand that and don't fault you for it. as they say, Been there, done that.

you dont understand a flippin' thing about me
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member

Audie wrote:you dont understand a flippin' thing about me
No, I don't. I understand atheism and its utter horror at having to admit that the Bible can be a valid historical record about anything at all.

So, you will denigrate the Bible just because you are an atheist, and for no other reason. I understand because I used to be where you are.

You are not yet able to understand this, but your position is anything but objective. Sorry...

Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

FL,

FYI, Audie is an agnostic, not an atheist. She may be stubborn, but she's not a fool.
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

I actually like atheists and agnostics here as long as they don't mock or bash.I think it is good to not all agree but I sure hope we can change their mind before its too late but I like to be challenged about what I believe and why.The thing is though is they are in denial of their faith and belief and that they approach everything from the perspective of their faith and belief but deny it.

Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member

RickD wrote:FL,

FYI, Audie is an agnostic, not an atheist. She may be stubborn, but she's not a fool.
Agnostic? OK...well that changes things. If she were to die today, she'd go to Purgatory.

FL y8-X

+ + +

+ + +
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Storyteller »

Oky, so what`s Purgatory?
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Storyteller wrote:Oky, so what`s Purgatory?
It was obviously a joke. As being agnostic isn't as bad as being atheist, purgatory isn't as bad as hell(at least stereotypically).

But wait a minute...you're catholic, and you don't know what purgatory is? Shame on you! Say 10 Our Fathers, and 50 Hail Marys.

:incense: :samen:

-Edward R Murrow

Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

And, pray tell, where have I said I am a Catholic? y:-?

I`m not Catholic (yet! :D ) just curious about Catholicism, that`s all. I`m not sure I`ll ever pin my faith to any denomination.
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Storyteller wrote:And, pray tell, where have I said I am a Catholic? y:-?

I`m not Catholic (yet! :D ) just curious about Catholicism, that`s all. I`m not sure I`ll ever pin my faith to any denomination.
Renouncing the catholic faith are you? Hmmm... y:-? Perhaps I was too lenient with only 50 Hail Marys.

:mrgreen:

-Edward R Murrow

Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

RickD wrote:
Storyteller wrote:And, pray tell, where have I said I am a Catholic? y:-?

Renouncing the catholic faith are you? Hmmm... y:-? Perhaps I was too lenient with only 50 Hail Marys.

:mrgreen:
I can`t renounce something I haven`t been a part of, silly!
Audie
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Audie »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:Sorry, Audie, but you are simply wrong.

Archaeology has of course of course uncovered remains of some of the sites mentioned in the bible. Not by any means all, but some.

For some places and events, there is no trace of evidence. Tower of Babel, red sea crossing, garden of eden,
S and G, No evidence. Egypt, lots of evidence. The "flood", as an historic world wide event is found supported only by pseudo-science woo woo. To say archaeology supports the bible is to make an overly broad statement ignoring the exceptions and opposites.

Whatever you say you are or used to be does not qualify you in the least to any claim of knowing anything about me.
I find your making up insulting nonsense about me no more charming than I did with jac. You've not "been there and done
that", regarding specific education, ways of thinking, attitudes and belief. You dont know a thing about me.

If you want to discuss archaeology / bible, fine. If you are going to continue projecting your fantasies onto me, conversation
is over.