Please Introduce Yourself Here

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
cslewislover
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Please Introduce Yourself Here

Post by cslewislover »

Hey, Brian. I'm new here too - hope to see you around. :P

Hey everyone else too! There are a ton of very interesting topics, so it's going to take me quite a while to wade through them and think about them enough to respond. y:O2
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis
Lufia
Recognized Member

Post by Lufia »

I'm new here and just want to say hello to all. I'm french canadian so my english will not be perfect but hopefully understandable ( is it an english word ? I'm not sure, lol) . I'm a very curious person and i think that i'll learn a lot in these forums.
He has risen
Newbie Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Schroeder's Creation Perspective

Post by He has risen »

My names Sebastien. I have recently been annuled from my marriage to a Catholic. For 10 years i have lived the lie and lead a life i am not proud of. It was my wish, to live as a cirus performer however my good (past tense) lady wife couldn't cope with the constant leotards. She said it was too constricting to procreate, as all good catholics invisage the act of love for one true purpose. I disagree and felt the only viable option was to annul the marriage.

I have now returned to my Christian belief's, but unfortunatly this has meant the end to my marriage. I just want to be one of god's children and live a full Christian life. I will never re-marry as i feel i should only ever marry once.

However i am lonely and would like the thoughts of this intelligent forum on my predicament.

Yours sincerley Sebastien Holmes
BavarianWheels
Prestigious Senior Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by BavarianWheels »

He has risen wrote:I will never re-marry as i feel i should only ever marry once.
I suppose you're ok with celebacy?
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

Lufia wrote:I'm new here and just want to say hello to all. I'm french canadian so my english will not be perfect but hopefully understandable ( is it an english word ? I'm not sure, lol) . I'm a very curious person and i think that i'll learn a lot in these forums.
Your English is fine.
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
Daniel
Recognized Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Daniel »

Hello! My name is Daniel, and I am a college student in Kansas. I was raised Christian. I went through a period a couple of years ago where I doubted my faith and wondered if I was more of an agnostic and wanted concrete reasons to believe, and the GodAndScience website was one of those that helped me along and I still like to read, even if I don't agree 100% with everything there on evolution. This period ended up strengthening my faith and I think through it I learned what it truly means to follow Christ. I'm now addicted to apologetics, and my other interests include chess and sports. I look forward to posting more here and getting to know the community here.
zoegirl
Old School

Post by zoegirl »

welcome!!
"And we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Jesus Christ"
rodyshusband
Established Member

Post by rodyshusband »

Welcome to God and Science, Daniel!
“Christianity provides a unified answer for the whole of life.” -- Francis Schaeffer
JEEPTRUCK
Newbie Member

Post by JEEPTRUCK »

HELLO EVERYONE, I AM PLEASED TO JOIN IN. I AM HERE TO LEARN. I AM WELL READ. BUT WHO KNOWS ENOUGH? I WISH TO SHARE WHATEVER I MAY. BLESSINGS TO ALL.
rodyshusband
Established Member

Post by rodyshusband »

Welcome to our site, Jeeptruck!
Please tell us what you've read lately and a little about yourself so we can get to know you. Thanks.
“Christianity provides a unified answer for the whole of life.” -- Francis Schaeffer
Marcella
Newbie Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Marcella »

Hello, I'm new to this site. It is nice to meet all of yall. I'm not sure if this is the place for me. But if yall will let me sit in and listen, maybe I'll find the answers to my questions and the reason I feel the way I do. Thank you. Marcella
Daniel
Recognized Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Daniel »

Welcome, Marcella! Glad to see you here.
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

Marcella wrote:I'm not sure if this is the place for me. But if yall will let me sit in and listen, maybe I'll find the answers to my questions and the reason I feel the way I do. Thank you. Marcella
Welcome, Marcella. I read your profile. How are you feeling?

FL
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
rodyshusband
Established Member

Post by rodyshusband »

Welcome to the site, Marcella!
:wave:
obsolete
Established Member

Post by obsolete »

Hello everybody. I wish I would have seen this before I started posting, but oh well.
I have been spending time on another forum debating religion and making a stand for Jesus. But as Paul says, I've been casting pearls unto swine. I now know what he meant by that.
I am a father of two beautiful girls,and a husband of a beautiful woman. I am also a licienced minister of the gospel at the church where my family and I attend. I am also a chef. I love chess, hockey, football, but most importantly Jesus first, then my family.
I accepted Christ at a young age, was baptized when I was 12. I fell out of fellowship when I was 18 and it took 11 years for me to come back, but I never fully gave up on God because He never gave up on me.
I am proud to be in the family of Christ, and look forward to disscussing with you all. Also, serving Him in the presence of His glory. God Bless.

obsolete
Jesus died for ALL. End of story.