Suggestion

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Suggestion

Post by Storyteller »

Love the apologetic threads, learn so much, find myself nodding, or questioning, sometimes shouting Eureka! Or bloody hell, so thats the label for it. Hesitant to post on them, feel I dont know enough, but so want to explore it more.

This forum is the only place for me right now, where I can explore my faith, connect with people and talk about God.

Personally, I need the contact, the relationship part to learn, interaction. I can google pretty much anything except the exchange of companionship.
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Storyteller wrote:Love the apologetic threads, learn so much, find myself nodding, or questioning, sometimes shouting Eureka! Or bloody hell, so thats the label for it. Hesitant to post on them, feel I dont know enough, but so want to explore it more.

This forum is the only place for me right now, where I can explore my faith, connect with people and talk about God.

Personally, I need the contact, the relationship part to learn, interaction. I can google pretty much anything except the exchange of companionship.
Maybe you need another dog. y:D
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

Hey story teller :-)

Guys, I just had an idea... what bout making a section (even if its just a tiny one) specifically for people who are new at this. Thats not to say beginners wouldnt go in all the other threads etc but it would have a specific function. The discussions would be more basic.

A good safe basic place for new apologetics to support one another and get help from the seasoned apologists who are willing to give it.

Do you understand what I mean? I feel like I'm not saying it right but I know its a good idea
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

I'd have a house full of dogs if I could :)

Seriously though, I love apologetics, I just cant express myself like some, and sometimes it feels like an exclusive club.
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

Nessa wrote:Hey story teller :-)

Guys, I just had an idea... what bout making a section (even if its just a tiny one) specifically for people who are new at this. Thats not to say beginners wouldnt go in all the other threads etc but it would have a specific function. The discussions would be more basic.

A good safe basic place for new apologetics to support one another and get help from the seasoned apologists who are willing to give it.

Do you understand what I mean? I feel like I'm not saying it right but I know its a good idea
Yes, and yes.
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

I have so many ideas about my faith, my beliefs, and God but no idea about apologetics. Sometimes I'll read an apologetic post and think Aha! Sometimes even tempted to respond but have little confidence sometimes, to do so, or more feel I dint know enough.

I am a child presenting her idea to her teacher for marking.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Nessa,

I think you're making it too complicated. If you have a question, first try a search to see if the topic has been discussed. There may be a thread open already.

If not, don't be afraid to just ask. Nobody will bite. :D
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Storyteller wrote:I have so many ideas about my faith, my beliefs, and God but no idea about apologetics. Sometimes I'll read an apologetic post and think Aha! Sometimes even tempted to respond but have little confidence sometimes, to do so, or more feel I dint know enough.

I am a child presenting her idea to her teacher for marking.
A-net,

I've been here 5 years, and I feel like that sometimes too. Don't worry about it. Nobody can sound more stupid than I have here. :lol:

-Edward R Murrow

Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

RickD wrote:

Nessa,

I think you're making it too complicated. If you have a question, first try a search to see if the topic has been discussed. There may be a thread open already.

Sometimes though, there isnt always a question. Sometimes its just thoughts, ramblings, ldeas that need to be sifted through.
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

i dont think you get what im saying .also pmed ku and maybe explained it to him better.....maybe you just dont know what its like...the threads and topics get so deep and complicated....dumbing it down on a regular thread is hard when most people want to go deeper....it needs stripping back....basic apologetics..to gently go through it at a slow pace....your saying come learn to swim at the olympics...some of us babes want a paddling pool first
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Nessa wrote:i dont think you get what im saying .also pmed ku and maybe explained it to him better.....maybe you just dont know what its like...the threads and topics get so deep and complicated....dumbing it down on a regular thread is hard when most people want to go deeper....it needs stripping back....basic apologetics..to gently go through it at a slow pace....your saying come learn to swim at the olympics...some of us babes want a paddling pool first
Nessa,

If you have questions, go at your pace. I'm sure if Kurieuo or Jac reply, they won't write the same response they'd write to each other. Jac has been very good at dumbing down stuff for me when I ask.

You're making a mountain out of a molehill. Just ask. You'll see.

-Edward R Murrow

Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

Storyteller wrote:
RickD wrote:

Nessa,

Sometimes though, there isnt always a question. Sometimes its just thoughts, ramblings, ldeas that need to be sifted through.

yes thats what i mean ..sifting is a slow process and apologetics is hard...ive given up so many times...i have basically no one to talk apologetics with but you guys. its lonely. again its hard to express. There are no apologetic forums ive come across that have a small section for beginners.
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

your not getting it. If you guys dont want to do it thats totally fine but just hear what i am saying

say there was a cooking forum....it might possibly have a place for beginners...no one would think that was strange or a bad idea...the opposite probably..why is this different
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Since Jac wrote Making Divine Simplicity Simple, maybe his next project could be Apologetics for Beginners.

In all seriousness, maybe someone can recommend an apologetics book for beginners.

-Edward R Murrow

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Nessa wrote:your not getting it. If you guys dont want to do it thats totally fine but just hear what i am saying

say there was a cooking forum....it might possibly have a place for beginners...no one would think that was strange or a bad idea...the opposite probably..why is this different
I get what you're saying. But what I'm saying, is that we already have 7 forums in the Apologetical section. First see if your topic fits in any of those.

Then if need be, Hana can add another forum.

-Edward R Murrow