Dinosaurs

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
Anita
Recognized Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: Dinosaurs

Post by Anita »

xoxo
Last edited by Anita on Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David Blacklock
Valued Member
Christian: No

Post by David Blacklock »

Not that the truth changes subject to popularity, but you ARE pretty far off the beaten path.

DB
Anita
Recognized Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Anita »

xoxo
Last edited by Anita on Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Himantolophus
Established Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Himantolophus »

If refuting your arguments = troll, then aren't we all trolls then?

I always thought debating was presenting your point, defending it, and refuting what the opposition says? If Anita doesn't want to do this then what's the point of this thread then?
TrvthSeeker
Newbie Member
Creation Position: Schroeder's Creation Perspective

Post by TrvthSeeker »

jeannie wrote:I would like to know about dinosaurs. Besides the verse that says great creatures roam the earth,are there any other verses that talk about them? I only know about the crocodile thingy described in Job called the Leviathon or something to that extent. If any one knows more verses about dinosaurs (e.g when did they die, was it during the flood? what about the loch ness monster?) and what the Bible says about them, I would gladly like to know and find out more. Thanks :)
My Schofield Reference Bible states that "behemoth" is more accurately translated as hippopotamus, or possibly rhinoceros. Although it is likely ancient romans and hebrews may have uncovered dinosaur skeletons back in their time, from which would spring stories of cyclops and other mythical monsters, they would have had no way of knowing these creatures perished 65 million years earlier. I think it is pretty clear the Bible has nothing to say about dinosaurs. It is mute about galaxies, quantum mechanics, electronics, and many other things. The Bible reveals a remarkable grasp of the hydrologic cycle from meteorology, and some understanding of astronomy, but essentially no revelations on particle physics, the Higgs Boson, and so on.

As a spiritual guide the Bible is an excellent, unbeatable reference. For a clear understanding of science, I do not believe God intended it to serve as an instructional text.
Gman
Old School
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Gman »

TrvthSeeker wrote:My Schofield Reference Bible states that "behemoth" is more accurately translated as hippopotamus, or possibly rhinoceros. Although it is likely ancient romans and hebrews may have uncovered dinosaur skeletons back in their time, from which would spring stories of cyclops and other mythical monsters, they would have had no way of knowing these creatures perished 65 million years earlier. I think it is pretty clear the Bible has nothing to say about dinosaurs. It is mute about galaxies, quantum mechanics, electronics, and many other things. The Bible reveals a remarkable grasp of the hydrologic cycle from meteorology, and some understanding of astronomy, but essentially no revelations on particle physics, the Higgs Boson, and so on.

As a spiritual guide the Bible is an excellent, unbeatable reference. For a clear understanding of science, I do not believe God intended it to serve as an instructional text.
Good point.... :thumbsup:
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8