Finally Picked a creation stance.

Discussions on creation beliefs within Christianity, and topics related to creation.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Re: Finally Picked a creation stance.

Post by Kurieuo »

I'm not sure what you mean by "if it was not for the theory of evolution based on the forensic geological evidence nobody would believe all things have gone on continually for millions of years", but...

Re: Day-Age PC, just give it time ACB. You'll come around. :)
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

Kurieuo wrote:I'm not sure what you mean by "if it was not for the theory of evolution based on the forensic geological evidence nobody would believe all things have gone on continually for millions of years", but...

There is no reason based on the evidence in the earth and go by the science based on evolution to believe all things have gone on for billions or millions of years.Scientists look at all of the evidence as if lfe evolves,this causes them to make sure at least some life always survives the extinction events,it is so that life can evolve in a never ending chain of evolution but since not one scientist has demonstrated life evolves there is no reason to interpret the evidence like this,like ya'll do.
Gap theorists do not interpret the evidence from this perspective as we believe the evidence of the fossils,coal and oil,ett proves the bible true when it reveals to us a former world perished in which all life in the former world died because God turned the sun off,then there was a gap of time until God made this world we now live in with all of the life we see in this world and we can compare the kinds of life that lived in the former world to the life God made in this world " after their kind"
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

We can look at fossils and see that roaches and silver fish have not evolved for millons of years but the roaches were much bigger in the former world,this s just one example:-)
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

abelcainsbrother wrote:
Kurieuo wrote:I'm not sure what you mean by "if it was not for the theory of evolution based on the forensic geological evidence nobody would believe all things have gone on continually for millions of years", but...

There is no reason based on the evidence in the earth and go by the science based on evolution to believe all things have gone on for billions or millions of years.Scientists look at all of the evidence as if lfe evolves,this causes them to make sure at least some life always survives the extinction events,it is so that life can evolve in a never ending chain of evolution but since not one scientist has demonstrated life evolves there is no reason to interpret the evidence like this,like ya'll do.
Gap theorists do not interpret the evidence from this perspective as we believe the evidence of the fossils,coal and oil,ett proves the bible true when it reveals to us a former world perished in which all life in the former world died because God turned the sun off,then there was a gap of time until God made this world we now live in with all of the life we see in this world and we can compare the kinds of life that lived in the former world to the life God made in this world " after their kind"
Two points I'd like you to reflect upon.

1) Scientists don't believe things have gone on for billions or millions of year due to "biological evolution".

2) Day-Age/PC doesn't embrace biological evolution.
To be specific, it rejects that all life shares a common ancestor from which all life evolved through purely natural processes.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

Kurieuo wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:

Two points I'd like you to reflect upon.

1) Scientists don't believe things have gone on for billions or millions of year due to "biological evolution".

2) Day-Age/PC doesn't embrace biological evolution.
To be specific, it rejects that all life shares a common ancestor from which all life evolved through purely natural processes.
It is true that science discovered the earth is millions of years old before evolution but all of the science today was produced based on the belief that life evolves which causes scientists to keep at least some life alive in an everlasting chain of evolution and it is because of this that we today believe all things have gone on continually for millions of years even if we reject evolution. I did not sayDay-Age\progressive accepts evolution but just because the earth is billions of years old does not mean all things have gone on continually like science teaches us. Whether you accept evolution or not.Why is it that Day-Age\progressives believe it has went on continually? Why believe this especially if they reject evolution? Just because the earth is very old is not proof all things have gone on continually for millions of years.But it gets worse for science because it is because of this belief life evolves that they have also made evolution apply to the universe and have trampled all over the laws of physics and still do and all to push this naturalistic evolution nonsense,even when not one scientist has ever demonstrated life evolves.

neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

ACB, as Pauli would say "this is not even wrong."
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

Should I post the debate between William Lane Craig and Sean Carroll? I really believe theistic evolutionists are in trouble because of naturalism in science.I think they are trying to find a way to kick theists out whether they accept evolution or not,now I also believe that they cannot demonstrate naturalism now and will not be able to in the future but,my point is that science is trying to show there is no need for God.

neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

Science doesn't say that, some scientists do.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if

without.

abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

neo-x wrote:Science doesn't say that, some scientists do.
I know,Sean Carroll is not the only scientist but science is looking at and examining everything from a naturalistic view point and most scientists are atheists.

neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

Wrong, many scientists are theists. Science isn't saying anything about God, one way or the other, anymore than literature says anything about anyone's personality.

Science has nothing to do with God and that is the lack you mistake with atheism. It isn't so. Just like the Bible has nothing to do with making a nuke, similarly science has nothing to do with God. It isn't its field.

without.

abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

Neo, here read this and see if you think certain scientists are trying to trample on the 2nd law in order to push naturalism in science. To me I see a total disrespect of the 2nd law and all to push naturalism. But here is the article,see what you think.
http://phys.org/news/2015-02-quantum-sc ... amics.html

neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

That's the question, which scientists? there are hundreds of thousands of scientists and not everyone has the same opinion. It is like saying that Christians say the wicked shall be saved. well not all Christians are saying that.

without.

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

ACB,

By throwing out science because of some bad scientists,is like throwing out scripture because you don't like Benny Hinn!
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

neo-x wrote:Wrong, many scientists are theists. Science isn't saying anything about God, one way or the other, anymore than literature says anything about anyone's personality.

Science has nothing to do with God and that is the lack you mistake with atheism. It isn't so. Just like the Bible has nothing to do with making a nuke, similarly science has nothing to do with God. It isn't its field.
I hope you are right,I do,and you might be as I do know this the science that has come out has not contradicted the bible,despite evolution and naturalism and it points to God at least starting everything off,so maybe you are right.

Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

RickD wrote:ACB,

By throwing out science because of some bad scientists,is like throwing out scripture because you don't like Benny Hinn!
I like Scripture because it contradicts Benny Hinn.