miscarriage

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
Nessa
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: miscarriage

Post by Nessa »

Philip wrote:We had a miscarriage between children. Mind you, our first child was born when I was 41/wife 40. After a bit longer and no more pregnancies, we figured it's a "one and we're done." And then, FIVE years :shock: :shock: :esurprised: :shock: after having a first child post 40, we had another. Most of my boys' friends' parents are about 20 years or more younger than we are. :roll: Anyway, one day, it occurred to me that my boys probably have a sibling in Heaven. Now, THAT would be really cool!
You planned it well... you look after them for the first 20 years then they can look after you for the next 20 y:D
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Nessa wrote:
Kurieuo wrote: There's a history to it. Too personal to say in public forums..
i bet your wife and kids are glad u r in the world :-)
i understand not wanting to say here

I use my phone alot for this forum thus my posts resemble txt msges....also im lazy
Sometimes I think not my wife, although I just asked her and she silently nodded. :lol:
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

awww feel reassured now? :-)
Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

Yes, I'm confident she at least won't leave me. :lol:
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

Kurieuo wrote:Yes, I'm confident she at least won't leave me. :lol:
Good!

Does she come on here... I was wondeirng bout people's other halves and if they post here.
Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

Not often, but you can find some posts by Mrs. K.
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

Kurieuo wrote:Not often, but you can find some posts by Mrs. K.
is she called mrs k?
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

far out!! :shock: i'm super suprised she got a WHOLE 12 posts in considering she may be sharing your computer :mrgreen:
Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

Nessa wrote:far out!! :shock: i'm super suprised she got a WHOLE 12 posts in considering she may be sharing your computer :mrgreen:
Yeah, she's such a hog. Wouldn't get off to let me keep posting.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Kurieuo doesn't let her out of the kitchen very often, so she can post.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

She needs to hone her cooking skill thats why! :P
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Kurieuo wrote:She needs to hone her cooking skill thats why! :P
:fryingpan:
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

EssentialSacrifice
Advanced Senior Member

Post by EssentialSacrifice »

I dont believe God created miscarriage...i think that line of thought is dangerous and just adds fuel to the new atheists fire....and miscarriage is evil.....death is evil....
I dont believe God created miscarriage ...
fine, I understand, substitute "allows" for created.. God allows miscarriage. Either way, it happens with His knowledge.

i think that line of thought is dangerous and just adds fuel to the new atheists fire
I don't know what this means. I don't suppose I'm going to care much after you explain either, if you take the time. I don't much care what atheists think with or without their new fire ... and the only way to "add fuel", in your terms, is if you even care about their POV. IMO they have no fire to fuel.

and miscarriage is evil
I hope this isn't right. It would seem unjust to me to have so little time as human, to have literally the only one act you can perform as a human, dying, as being evil. These short lived human souls are as close to perfection as they can be, so new and uncorrupted by the world, surely their final act as human, dying, to return to the God of love, could not be considered evil.

death is evil....
I hope this isn't true. I would not give pause to this because there is no other way to transition from this life to the next without death, and I don't want to think of what must be done (dying) in gaining heaven as an evil act. I don't like thinking all those i love and have layed to rest's last act was evil. I don't want to think Jesus, as human, died and there is anything there anywhere that can be construed as evil. Jesus can't do an evil thing, dying is a part of that human experience too. I'm sure there are many arguments here, I choose hopeful anticipation over evil outcome.

God did not create evil but he did allow for the possibility through free will. That was necessary
I firmly agree with this , but I'm not sure how it fits in to the topical scheme of "miscarriage". Surely there is no free will involved in a miscarriage, but I'm not sure what you're saying here in and as regards to "death is evil" and "miscarriage is evil".
Trust the past to God’s mercy, the present to God’s love, and the future to God’s providence. -St Augustine
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

ES,

I care about what atheists think. I care if some misguided Christian tells an atheist who has just been through one "God created your miscarriage, hope you feel better soon.."

If death is not evil then what is it? Good?

Choose life the bible says.. and choose what is good.. don't choose death and evil... the wages of SIN are DEATH. Doesn't sound much like a good reward...

Maybe the doctors who commite abortions are really just doing a kind act. The baby is just so 'new and uncorrupted' why keep them from going back to a God of love instead of two parents who don't want them and a life of possible defects if they have any...

Can you please show me where in the bible it says Death is a good thing and we should choose it?
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Nessa wrote:ES,

I care about what atheists think. I care if some misguided Christian tells an atheist who has just been through one "God created your miscarriage, hope you feel better soon.."

If death is not evil then what is it? Good?

Choose life the bible says.. and choose what is good.. don't choose death and evil... the wages of SIN are DEATH. Doesn't sound much like a good reward...

Maybe the doctors who commite abortions are really just doing a kind act. The baby is just so 'new and uncorrupted' why keep them from going back to a God of love instead of two parents who don't want them and a life of possible defects if they have any...

Can you please show me where in the bible it says Death is a good thing and we should choose it?
Nessa,
I can see what both you and ES are saying. And most importantly, you both agree that miscarriages cause hurt to those who are close to the baby who died.
And I think you two need to agree on the definition of evil in this instance, because that's where the perceived disagreement is.
:D

-Edward R Murrow