Do Christians apologize?

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
cslewislover
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Do Christians apologize?

Post by cslewislover »

I know I'm not always loving. I think the common terms have been "being in the flesh" as opposed to "being in the spirit." A lot of times, it's best to step away from the computer for a while, and I haven't always done that.
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis
cslewislover
Ultimate Member

Post by cslewislover »

RickD wrote:
zoegirl wrote:What is that old adage I hear? God gave us two ears and one mouth....? :ebiggrin:
If God didn't give us two ears, then how would our wives words be able to go in one ear and out the other. If we only had one ear, then we'd have no excuse for not listening. :lol:
Lol, is that it?
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis
Gabrielman
Advanced Senior Member
Sex: Male

Post by Gabrielman »

cslewislover wrote:I know I'm not always loving. I think the common terms have been "being in the flesh" as opposed to "being in the spirit." A lot of times, it's best to step away from the computer for a while, and I haven't always done that.
I think we are all guilty of that. I KNOW I am. I know that I do not always act in love, and at times I let my pride take me for a ride. No one is righteous, no not one. I am like all mortal men, I fall short of the Glory of God.
Once I was trapped in a perpetual night, without even a star to light the sky. Now I stand in the glory of the Son, and not even a faint shadow of darkness remains.
sinnerbybirth
Established Member

Post by sinnerbybirth »

So, what about Jac? Does anyone know if he will be back?
Gabrielman
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Gabrielman »

RickD wrote:
zoegirl wrote:What is that old adage I hear? God gave us two ears and one mouth....? :ebiggrin:
If God didn't give us two ears, then how would our wives words be able to go in one ear and out the other. If we only had one ear, then we'd have no excuse for not listening. :lol:
Wait are you saying that there is nothing in your head :lol: other than air?
Once I was trapped in a perpetual night, without even a star to light the sky. Now I stand in the glory of the Son, and not even a faint shadow of darkness remains.
cslewislover
Ultimate Member

Post by cslewislover »

Gabrielman wrote:
cslewislover wrote:I know I'm not always loving. I think the common terms have been "being in the flesh" as opposed to "being in the spirit." A lot of times, it's best to step away from the computer for a while, and I haven't always done that.
I think we are all guilty of that. I KNOW I am. I know that I do not always act in love, and at times I let my pride take me for a ride. No one is righteous, no not one. I am like all mortal men, I fall short of the Glory of God.
Really? And here I thought you were perfect all this time. :lol: y@};- y>:D< y>:D< y>:D<
sinnerbybirth
Established Member

Post by sinnerbybirth »

Gabrielman wrote:
Preach preacher! Gab, you just hit on the story of my life. :) All I can say is, thank GOD for the blood of Christ Jesus!!!!
Canuckster1127
Old School
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Canuckster1127 »

sinnerbybirth wrote:So, what about Jac? Does anyone know if he will be back?
That's up to Jac. He's declared that he will not be. He's not been permanently banned. When the temp ban expires he is welcome to return if he wishes.
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
cslewislover
Ultimate Member

Post by cslewislover »

sinnerbybirth wrote:
Gabrielman wrote:
Preach preacher! Gab, you just hit on the story of my life. :) All I can say is, thank GOD for the blood of Christ Jesus!!!!
:pound: Are you on facebook too much?

Ohhhhh, man, you fixed it before I posted!
Gabrielman
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Gabrielman »

cslewislover wrote:
Gabrielman wrote:
Really? And here I thought you were perfect all this time. :lol: y@};- y>:D< y>:D< y>:D<
:lol: Me? LOL. No I am far from perfect, which is why I have the avatar I do. I am fallen, I am but a man. y@};- y>:D< y>:D< y>:D<
sinnerbybirth wrote:
:amen: Yes! THANK GOD! For His love is unending! We deserve nothing, yet we are given everything!
sinnerbybirth
Established Member

Post by sinnerbybirth »

Hey CS, Believe it or not, I have never had a Facebook account, or the other ones. I'm old I tell ya. But I do know who Kirk Franklin is. :lol:
cslewislover
Ultimate Member

Post by cslewislover »

sinnerbybirth wrote:Hey CS, Believe it or not, I have never had a Facebook account, or the other ones. I'm old I tell ya. But I do know who Kirk Franklin is. :lol:
Um, Kirk Franklin? And you're not old. :P Well, Facebook has the "like" thing you can click after a lot of people's posts, so what you had written was funny.
sinnerbybirth
Established Member

Post by sinnerbybirth »

It's funny, I feel like I've been to evening service. I do value all of you guys and gals. I enjoy the fact that I can learn something from people I have never met.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Gabrielman wrote:
RickD wrote:
Wait are you saying that there is nothing in your head :lol: other than air?
No, there are thoughts of cars, sports, and food along with the large pocket of air. 8-}2
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
cslewislover
Ultimate Member

Post by cslewislover »

Gosh, is there a table with donuts and coffee around here?