Next Pope: the Devil

Discussions on Christian eschatology including different views pertaining to Jesus' second coming, rapture and tribulation, the millennium, and so forth.
Byblos
Old School
Christian: Yes

Re: Next Pope: the Devil

Post by Byblos »

jenwat3 wrote:Byblos, where do you get that Peter was the rock on which Christ built His church?
Come on Jen, you know I'm talking about Matthew 16:18. You (and I) also know what argument you're going to use so forgive me for jumping the gun but I am familiar with the argument on the subject put forth by the Restored Church (link provided by FFC, which incidentally, I've read in its entirety). The argument states that 'this rock' pertains to Christ and not to Peter. For that, I refer you back to Jac's sound explanation of Greek grammar and subject reference in sentence construct.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

jenwat3 wrote:
Byblos wrote:Most, if not all, the 10 points you (your link) raised are answered in some way in the two links I provided. I will leave it to the reader to look them up.
Did your link answer my post, or did my post answer your link? y/:)
Well, since my link provides proof that Peter was in Rome ...
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
jenna
Make me a Sammich Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by jenna »

Byblos wrote:
jenwat3 wrote:
Byblos wrote:Most, if not all, the 10 points you (your link) raised are answered in some way in the two links I provided. I will leave it to the reader to look them up.
And since my link provides proof that Peter was NOT in Rome... :pillows: :poke:
some things are better left unsaid, which i generally realize after i have said them
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

jenwat3 wrote:And since my link provides proof that Peter was NOT in Rome...
Now, now, Jen! You're not trying to prove a negative, are you?

jenna
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by jenna »

Prove a negative? you mean prove a WASN'T IN ROME? :stirthepot: :croc:
some things are better left unsaid, which i generally realize after i have said them
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

jenwat3 wrote:Prove a negative? you mean prove a WASN'T IN ROME? :stirthepot: :croc:
No, that has already been refuted :wink:. Good night.

jenna
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by jenna »

Good night. (for now) :lalala: :brick:
JCSx2
Valued Member
Sex: Male

Post by JCSx2 »

jenwat3 wrote:
Byblos wrote:
jenwat3 wrote:
And since my link provides proof that Peter was NOT in Rome... :pillows: :poke:
I sense some link envy 8-}2
Definition of a Veteran. A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including his life." That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.
jenna
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by jenna »

Yeah. One day I'll figure it out. y:^o
7trumpets
Familiar Member

Post by 7trumpets »

Turgonian wrote:You've probably seen the Google advertisement: The Bible reveals next and last Pope will be a devil impersonating John Paul II...

http://www.worldslastchance.com/index.p ... t_pope.php

Puritan Lad once used the term 'Chicken Little eschatology'. It springs to mind here. What a lot of eisegesis...
THE BIBLE REVEALS NEXT AND LAST POPE WILL
BE A DEVIL IMPERSONATING JOHN PAUL II
Sorry that doesn't fit the bill.

Rev 13:11 And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.
two horns, horns are symbolic of power. The two are political and Religious.
"like a lamb", meaning he looks just like the LAMB of GOD. (2 Cor 11:13-15.)
"he spake as a dragon.", because he is Satan.

Rev 13:12 And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.
exerciseth all the power first beast, Rev 13:1-10 the multi headed "One world political system", Satan uses it for he is the golden head Dan 2:32, 2 Ths 2 .
"deadly wound was healed", wound to "one" of its heads, which is the 6th Rev 17:10. Satan shows up, heals the deadly wound to "one head", and brings in his peace system.

Rev 13:13 And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,
fire from heaven, lightning

Rev 13:14 And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.
"sight of the beast", in sight of the political beast
image is to worship his image as Jesus, but he is Satan. If you worship him, then you break the 1st commandment in Exodus 20:3-5. For you then would be worshiping an Image.

Now the Pope is just a "fleshly man", and not endowed with "supernatural powers" like Satan. Who is Supernatual and doesn't have a fleshly body. Satan will be disguised as Jesus but is really Satan. Satan will cause lightning and all sorts of signs and wonders. Most people don't stop and think that there are two morning stars, one is a fake.

2 Cor 11:13-15. "transformed" 3345 metaschmatizw metaschematizo met-askh-ay-mat-id'-zo
from meta - meta 3326 and a derivative of schma - schema 4976; to transfigure or disguise; figuratively, to apply (by accommodation):--transfer, transform (self).
jenna
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by jenna »

Two morning stars? And one is a fake? There was only ONE "morning star", and that was Lucifer before the fall. How can there be two Lucifer's, with one being fake? There are two "Christs'". one real and one fake, but He was never referred to as the "morning star".I choose not to go into the subject of the false prophet or the "beast", since there are people watching who would be offended by the subject here. 8) :dig:
7trumpets
Familiar Member

Post by 7trumpets »

jenna wrote:Two morning stars? And one is a fake? There was only ONE "morning star", and that was Lucifer before the fall. How can there be two Lucifer's, with one being fake? There are two "Christs'". one real and one fake, but He was never referred to as the "morning star".I choose not to go into the subject of the false prophet or the "beast", since there are people watching who would be offended by the subject here. 8) :dig:
Hi, i didn't say there were two Lucifers but "two morning stars." Lucifer means Morning star.

The fake morning star
Isa 14:12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! [how] art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!
Lucifer 1966 heylel hay-lale'
from 'halal' (1984) (in the sense of brightness); the morning-star:--lucifer.

the real morning star
Rev 22:16 I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

Never be offended by the WORD of GOD, "the truth" sets you free of deception.
jenna
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by jenna »

Huh. I didn't realize that Jesus was also called "morning star". I thought it only applied to Lucifer. Thanks for clarifying. :ewink: There is a fake "Christ", or another 'Jesus". That would be Satan, who is the "god of this world".
Alain
Newbie Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Alain »

oscarsiziba wrote:The disciple Peter was not the first pope,that is the hijack by the Catholic church to deceive.
Matthew 16:18 And I tell you , you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my Church and the powers of death shall not prevail against it. I will give you the keys of the Kingdom of Heaven and whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in Heaven.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Alain wrote:
oscarsiziba wrote:The disciple Peter was not the first pope,that is the hijack by the Catholic church to deceive.
Matthew 16:18 And I tell you , you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my Church and the powers of death shall not prevail against it. I will give you the keys of the Kingdom of Heaven and whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in Heaven.
Welcome Alain. Not that I agree with the topic title, but how does this passage support the papacy or RCC?