Free will and Omniscience

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Free will and Omniscience

Post by RickD »

DannyM wrote:
RickD wrote:How dare you refute Calvinism, with scripture.! :pound:
I suggest you take another read, Rick :lol:
Danny, I know Calvinism, when I see it. And this ain't Calvinism:
Well, is Jesus drawing you because God has first chosen you to be saved? That is the question that everyone must face. The offer and promise stand: "Whoever believes in Him"-- shall not perish..... If you want to know if your one of his chosen, the way to be certain to come (Isaiah 55: 1; Psalm 66:5). All those he chooses he invites to come to him (Revelation 22:17) And you will come if he draws. And He will draw if he has chosen. The famous "logic" passage for this is Romans 8:29, 30. Linguistically speaking, this verse has a logical premise and a conclusion. The premise is "Those God foreknew he also predestined" the logic then is that a chain of events MUST then take place as a result. The conclusion states that these people, on the basis of having been foreknown are the same ones he called back in verse 29. Those (called) are the ones He then foreknew. That starts a chain of events that leads to glorification (being transformed into Christ's perfect character in heaven). Because this is a logic sentence the chain remains logical if you work "backwards" from conclusion to premise: All those glorified are those (now go back through the steps) who are called. It is an unbroken chain from beginning to end either way.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
DannyM
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Free will and Omniscience

Post by DannyM »

RickD wrote:Danny, I know Calvinism, when I see it. And this ain't Calvinism:
Well, is Jesus drawing you because God has first chosen you to be saved? That is the question that everyone must face. The offer and promise stand: "Whoever believes in Him"-- shall not perish..... If you want to know if your one of his chosen, the way to be certain to come (Isaiah 55: 1; Psalm 66:5). All those he chooses he invites to come to him (Revelation 22:17) And you will come if he draws. And He will draw if he has chosen. The famous "logic" passage for this is Romans 8:29, 30. Linguistically speaking, this verse has a logical premise and a conclusion. The premise is "Those God foreknew he also predestined" the logic then is that a chain of events MUST then take place as a result. The conclusion states that these people, on the basis of having been foreknown are the same ones he called back in verse 29. Those (called) are the ones He then foreknew. That starts a chain of events that leads to glorification (being transformed into Christ's perfect character in heaven). Because this is a logic sentence the chain remains logical if you work "backwards" from conclusion to premise: All those glorified are those (now go back through the steps) who are called. It is an unbroken chain from beginning to end either way.
RickD wrote:How dare you refute Calvinism, with scripture.!
Rick, it’s predestination. But more to the point, how does it “refute Calvinism"?
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia