Do mormon's go to heaven too?

Discussions surrounding the various other faiths who deviate from mainstream Christian doctrine such as LDS and the Jehovah's Witnesses.
ochotseat

Post by ochotseat »

Tanyan wrote:Brief reply since I do not puruse here hardly at all anymore. So what if it is a LDS website ?, does that make it false or a lie in in one of it's responses/refutations. That is adhominem and should be read on it's merits. Have a blessed day/night. In His [ Jesus] Debt. Tanyan.
Why do you reject Protestantism, Catholicism, Eastern Orthodoxy, or Messianic Judaism?
Tanyan
Recognized Member
Christian: No

Post by Tanyan »

I guess this is another topic and the last is laid to rest. I have Catholic/Eastern Orthodox/Protestant/Reformed friends in which I currently [When there are no LDS activities] attend [Churches, Bible Studies, activities]. I do not "reject" all of the teachings of the above Faiths. Of coarse the above mentioned churches are at odds with one another [Walk into any "Christian Bookstore" and go to the "CULT" section and see the material there]. Have a blessed night. In His [Jesus] Debt, Tanyan.
ochotseat

Post by ochotseat »

Tanyan wrote: Of coarse the above mentioned churches are at odds with one another [Walk into any "Christian Bookstore" and go to the "CULT" section and see the material there].
The majority of Christians don't view each other as cults. It's interesting that some Mormons object to being called Mormons, even though they insisted on it in earlier years. The majority of Christians still use "Mormon," because Mormons are not Christians.
Tanyan
Recognized Member

Post by Tanyan »

True the "Majority" do not but many "Do". Catholicism for one, on one side of the bookkshelves protestants have books loving catholics whereas on the other side of the bookkshels it has them as a dangerous cult. And even within Protestantism the barking/finger pointing the finger stateing that the other is in a non christian/heretical church and so on. And I have heard others[Christians] use the Title "Mormon" in a positive Christian light when referring to the LDS Faith as "Christian" whether collectivly or individualy [Of LDS member]. The same could be said of Jesus, his Apostles and followers from there critics who said that they were not followers of the True and Living GOD that they were not true messianic Jews and that the nazerenes were cultists [Minim in Hebrew]. The parrallels are striking as to the simularities ofvthe anchient critics and thos of today. See the book : The Gainsayers put out by Horizon Pub. Anyway I hope and pray that you have a blessed day. In His [JESUS] Debt, Tanyan.
Prodigal Son

Post by Prodigal Son »

i have a great answer to this question. YES, some mormons will go to heaven. and some jw's too. and some muslims, and some buddhists. you know what else? there will be some "christians" who won't be there! :shock:
New Creation
2 Corinthians 5:7
ochotseat

Post by ochotseat »

Tanyan wrote:True the "Majority" do not but many "Do".
You said it yourself that the majority do not. That's what counts.
The same could be said of Jesus, his Apostles and followers from there critics who said that they were not followers of the True and Living GOD that they were not true messianic Jews and that the nazerenes were cultists

Are you comparing the early Christians to Mormons?
twoedgedsword
Familiar Member

the narrow gate

Post by twoedgedsword »

Tanyan
what i stated before about the suicide rate in Utah is info based on a national survey taken every year just like surveys done on homicides and child abuse and so on and soforth. you have to agree that this statistic being true is one that would make the mormon leaders uncomfortable would you not?

i would like to get your opinion on a verse in Gods word "the Bible"
Matthew 7:13,14 since mormons are taught that almost every one will make it into heaven how do you explain this verse.
Deborah

Post by Deborah »

Prodigal Son wrote: you know what else? there will be some "christians" who won't be there! :shock:
I disagree, there will be some who think THINK that they are CHRISTIANS who won't be there.
The United Church of God believes that the learning will start for many at the reserection. And that many will be called to minister to them.

The Scriptures clearly reveal that God is "not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance" (2 Peter 3:9). Yet a great many believe that unless a person confesses faith in Jesus as personal Savior in this present lifetime, he or she will have no further opportunity for salvation.

So we are faced with a quandary: What happens to those who have been deceived (Revelation 12:9) and, simply through ignorance, have no understanding of God, His plan or His way of life? And what about those who, in this disaster or in centuries past, lived and died without ever so much as hearing the name of Jesus Christ? Are they eternally lost? What is their fate?

The Bible gives the answers to these questions—answers that reconcile all the scriptures about life and death, judgment and mercy, forgiveness and salvation. However, we need to pay close attention to what it says, because the truths that it actually reveals directly contradict what most people have been told that it says!

The Bible speaks of several different resurrections of the dead. It reveals that the "first resurrection," the resurrection of Christ's true followers, will take place at His return to earth (1 Corinthians 15:51-52; 1 Thessalonians 4:15-16; Revelation 20:4-6).

But it also teaches that "the rest of the dead . . . small and great" also are to be resurrected from the grave. Who are they? These are the majority of humankind, all those who have ever lived and died over thousands of years of human history never knowing God's truth. They are to stand before God and, for the first time in their lives, have the full truth of the Scriptures opened to their understanding (Revelation 20:4-6, 11-12).

For the vast majority of mankind, this will be the first time their eyes will be truly opened to God's wonderful truth. This will be the first time they will come to know mankind's Creator, His Word and His way of life! Most will then willingly reject their sinful ways, committed mostly in ignorance when they knew little or nothing of God and His ways.

If they sincerely acknowledge their errors and repent, then they also may be glorified and receive eternal life. This is not a "second chance" theology, as some might assume, but truly their first real opportunity to fully comprehend God's truth and then act on it with genuine understanding.
The rest of this Article can be found here http://www.gnmagazine.org/issues/gn57/d ... s_lost.htm
Church tradition tells us that when John, son of Zebadee and brother of James was an old man, his disciples would carry him to church in their arms.
He would simply say, “Little children, love one another”
After a time his disciples wearied at always hearing these same words and asked “Master why do you always say this?
He replied, “it is the Lords command, and if done, it is enough”
twoedgedsword
Familiar Member

Gods law

Post by twoedgedsword »

Tanyan

the mormons are taught that you have to obey the law "the commandments" in order to obtain the celestial kingdom and ultimately godhood
no man other than Jesus was ever able to keep all the law
the purpose of the law was to show us how utterly impossible it is for us to be good enough, the law was to make us conscious of our sin how could God hold us responsible for sin if we could not even recognize it?
Jesus became sin for us to pay the price that you nor I could ever pay.
and it is given as a free gift to all who can say "I am a sinner Lord Jesus please forgive me."
Please look at these versusRomans 3:20 Galatians 3:10 mormons cant make it to heaven by keeping the law James 2:10 James 2:10 tells us that if you break one law you are guilty of breaking the whole law.
tanyan you are headed to hell believing the mormon doctrine.
twoedgedsword
Familiar Member

Post by twoedgedsword »

the united church of god teaches that homosexuality is ok also and of course its an abomination in the site of God.
Deborah

Post by Deborah »

twoedgedsword wrote:the united church of god teaches that homosexuality is ok also and of course its an abomination in the site of God.
Yes well I don't understand how any church can get wrong do not lay with man you you do with woman! And United isn't the only church who gets things wrong.
Church tradition tells us that when John, son of Zebadee and brother of James was an old man, his disciples would carry him to church in their arms.
He would simply say, “Little children, love one another”
After a time his disciples wearied at always hearing these same words and asked “Master why do you always say this?
He replied, “it is the Lords command, and if done, it is enough”
Tanyan
Recognized Member

Post by Tanyan »

ochotseat

Post by ochotseat »

Deborah wrote: I disagree, there will be some who think THINK that they are CHRISTIANS who won't be there.
You got it, D. The Bible discusses how criminals will not inherit the kingdom of heaven unless they face justice on Earth and in heaven.
Yes well I don't understand how any church can get wrong do not lay with man you you do with woman! And United isn't the only church who gets things wrong.
There are also the JWs, Mormons, Dravidians, and Unitarians.
Prodigal Son

Post by Prodigal Son »

deborah,

hence the " " :wink:
New Creation
Prodigal Son

Post by Prodigal Son »

ocho,
the bible teaches how criminals will not inherit the kingdom of heaven...
really, i must have missed that somewhere. well, see you when i get there. :lol:

oops, sorry (everyone else)...last time...i promise. :oops:
New Creation