Please Introduce Yourself Here

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
HappyFlappyTheist
Established Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: Please Introduce Yourself Here

Post by HappyFlappyTheist »

Byblos wrote:
HappyFlappyDeist wrote:Hello!

I just stumbled across this website during one of my google search binges and found it to be quite intriguing.

A little bit about me:
I am ( as my name hints) a happy flappy deist.
I consider myself a cultural catholic as I was raised in the faith, have profound respect for the morals and tradition of it, but sadly lack the belief of a personal creator.
I'm a 3rd year (undergraduate) physics major at the College of William & Mary (go tribe).
I'm absolutely obsessed with steak and asparagus.
I'm at a complete loss of what to write now. :ebiggrin:

I look forward to dialogue with all of you! :D
Hi happy and welcome to our slice of cyberspace.

My MIL graduated from William and Mary with an MS about a decade ago. I remember Margaret Thatcher was the speaker, beautiful campus, very prestigious school.
Hello Byblos! I'm so very honored to be part of your slice of cyberspace :ebiggrin:
pulvis sum
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by 1over137 »

HappyFlappyDeist wrote:
1over137 wrote:Hi and welcome :wave:
It's safe to assume you're referencing sommerfeld's constant with your name. Physicist?
Yes. I studied physics.
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
EssentialSacrifice
Advanced Senior Member

Post by EssentialSacrifice »

Hello folks. Wanted to introduce myself, say hey and become a part of the experience here with you. It is somewhat silly that I have come to this site dozens of times after finding it almost 3 years ago, specifically to help answer questions I have and help support views of Christian faith. Silly because I completely missed this section of the site.

My initial reason to return was embarrassingly, simple mathematics. I was challenged by another on the number of eventual Apostles that were in the room when Jesus first revealed Himself, post crucifixion. I thought the number was ten and was told by a number of posters it was 11 or maybe even 12.... I thought 12 - 2 = 10 ... anyway, as it turns out, as it so often does, one bit of investigation can turn in to another completely different opportunity. I found this forum !

After taking a day or two to really look in to the various topics, who is saying what and how they present themselves, going forward, I think will be my pleasure. I look forward to future conversations. Thanks for the opportunity.
EssentialSacrifice
Advanced Senior Member

Hey folks .. wanted to say hey ... again .. for some reason first post, after submit, didn't y:-? .... so, I am here, and look forward to future conversations.
Jac3510
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Jac3510 »

Welcome to the board, ES. Looking forward to getting to know you! :)
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Welcome to the forum. :wave:

And as a new poster, your first 1,500 posts have to get approved before they're visible. :lol:

Jk. Your first few have to be approved.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

Welcome :wave:
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Christian: No

Post by Storyteller »

Welcome ES :wave:
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
EssentialSacrifice
Advanced Senior Member

Folks,

lover137, Jac3510 ,RickD and Storyteller ... thanks very much for the welcome. I am excited to become an involved member, and you folks are a big reason why.

as a new poster, your first 1,500 posts have to get approved before they're visible :esurprised: good grief, I'm 107 years old ... you'll witness a first miracle here if I make 1500 :lol: :lol: :lol:

Phew, Jk does mean just kidding .... right ? ... good, well, ok then, I'm off the hook for the miracle !!!

Going over to the Shroud post ... I have a great affinity for this icon and a few thoughts. I'm no where near on a par with you guys biblically but will do a lot of reading and learning... of which I appreciate all your efforts immensely.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

107 years old!!!! Wow! That makes you the second oldest member here, slightly younger than Furstentum Liechtenstein!
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

RickD wrote:107 years old!!!! Wow! That makes you the second oldest member here, slightly younger than Furstentum Liechtenstein!
:lol: Don't know why that made me laugh, but it did.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

EssentialSacrifice wrote:Folks,

lover137, Jac3510 ,RickD and Storyteller ... thanks very much for the welcome. I am excited to become an involved member, and you folks are a big reason why.

as a new poster, your first 1,500 posts have to get approved before they're visible :esurprised: good grief, I'm 107 years old ... you'll witness a first miracle here if I make 1500 :lol: :lol: :lol:

Phew, Jk does mean just kidding .... right ? ... good, well, ok then, I'm off the hook for the miracle !!!

Going over to the Shroud post ... I have a great affinity for this icon and a few thoughts. I'm no where near on a par with you guys biblically but will do a lot of reading and learning... of which I appreciate all your efforts immensely.
I'm reading that thread at the moment, started at the beginning, on page 25, there is some simply stunning stuff in that thread!
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Storyteller wrote:
EssentialSacrifice wrote:Folks,

I'm reading that thread at the moment, started at the beginning, on page 25, there is some simply stunning stuff in that thread!
Remember to thank Bippy123. He put a lot of hard work into the Shroud thread!

-Edward R Murrow

Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

Way ahead of you my friend. I already did ages ago! y\:D/ :troll:
Audie
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Audie »

Kind of a late introduction, anyone inclined to already knows more about me than might usually go into an intro.

Im going to do a bit of soul baring, here now that I've seen how people are here and recognize that nobody would make me regret it.

Im not a person happy or at home in my own skin. A few years ago I stood on a balcony 17 floors above Cloud View Road, in Hong Kong, ready to step off. We dont have guns there, but everyone has a balcony. I only didnt do it because I owe it to my Mom to stay alive.

I was tired of living way down inside myself.

Early in my membership here, I showed a photo not entirely unlike me, but not of myself, to another member, said it was me. I guess if I really liked myself I'd not have, it wouldnt have occurred to me to do that. It was a famous movie actress photo, not much of a disguise.. but still. Im so embarrassed.

I've tried to be unemotional in discussions with people here, but emotional stability isnt my number one strength.

And, having been subjected to extreme abuse by a man, I've unfortunately reacted by being suspicious of, hostile towards, distrusting of men, in general. Anything that feels like someone dehumanizing, putting me down, bullying or coercing in any way tends to get an extreme reaction from me.

I feel like I've mostly kept it under control but it leaks into my posts, anyway.

Im sorry Im like that, and Im sorry for such feelings I have hurt.
I dont really mean it, and its about me, not about others.