'If you could lose eternal life it wouldn't be eternal'

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
bbyrd009
BANNED
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: 'If you could lose eternal life it wouldn't be eternal'

Post by bbyrd009 »

and sweetie, you do what seems best to do, ok? Proselytize as long as that feels right to you, i am not trying to stop you.

If i told you that you were lost in your sins, right now, and would die if you did not change your mind, and rebound ("repent"), and do like i tell you...well, how does that make you feel?

then why should anyone else feel any different, when you do it to them?
"Creation is continuous, and never stops."
bbyrd009
BANNED

Post by bbyrd009 »

crochet1949 wrote:
Nicki wrote:
bbyrd009 wrote:
crochet1949 wrote:John 1:1 "In the beginning was the Word and the Word was With God and the Word Was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through Him all things were made; without Him nothing was made hat has been made. In Him was life, and that life was the light of men."

The Word of God is a collection of books that God inspired...
no, It is not, that is only what you have been led to believe and so that is what you see when you read now, but this cannot even be justified with the Book, or else you should have no problem with

In the beginning was the Bible, and the Bible was with God, and the Bible was God.

And this was accomplished so that you could then find Mansions in the Sky, and Rapture, rather than Nests, and Meeting Him in the Air, finding Word, which is nigh you, right now. Sorry. But there is not even any excuse for this now, a Lexicon is one click away. Go find Easter,

http://biblehub.com/kjv/acts/12.htm

there in verse 4, and then go to the Lex on that verse,

http://biblehub.com/lexicon/acts/12-4.htm

and see how you have been lied to, by people who signed Contracts for Jesus, so that you could pay them your money, ok?

that took me all of 2 minutes.
Where is the idea of Nests from? Jesus did say that his Father's house had many mansions (or rooms, in other versions)...

So the KJV says Easter when it should be Passover, as 'Easter' was a term that came along later. Well, the NIV says Passover. I don't think the KJV is superior to modern versions just because it's old (but not nearly as old as the Bible itself).

This comment is for '009' which happens to be in the midst of Nikki's comments. About the Bible and how it was put together -- I Do have some knowledge about that. It was a Long process and took a Long time. And HOW would you know What I've been 'led to believe'.
The Word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.

this means that, just as i am doing for you, your are doing for me; we are both revealing ourselves in our interpretations. When you say that you are a Patriot, you are revealed. When i say that i am an Anarchist, i am revealed. If you hear "A Chaos Agent," @ "Anarchist," well, it is what it is. And if i hear "Loyal and true to her Country," as you wish me to hear, then that speaks, too.
crochet1949 wrote: And I , too, wonder where Your idea of 'nests' come from.
ok, see above
crochet1949 wrote: And the concept of someone who signed contracts for Jesus so money could be paid to them. That's Not in Bible Either. Where Do you get your information From.
sure it's in the Book, lots of places, crochet,

17“Now, son of man, turnm toward the women of your people who prophesyn out of their own imagination. Prophesy against themo 18and say: This is what the Lord GOD says: Woe to the women who sew magic bands on the wrist of every hand and who make veils for the heads of people of every height in order to ensnare lives. Will you ensnare the lives of My people but preserve your own?p 19You profane Me in front of My people for handfuls of barleyq and scraps of bread; you kill those who should not die and spare those who should not live, when you lie to My people, who listen to lies.

20“Therefore, this is what the Lord GOD says: I am against your magic bands that you ensnare people with like birds, and I will tear them from your arms. I will free the people you have ensnared like birds. 21I will also tear off your veils and deliver My people from your hands,r so that they will no longer be prey in your hands. Then you will know that I am Yahweh. 22Because you have disheartened the righteous person with lies, even though I have not caused him grief,s and because you have encouraged the wickedt person not to turn from his evil way to save his life,

and

Unlike so many, we do not peddle the word of God for profit. On the contrary, in Christ we speak before God with sincerity, as those sent from God.
bbyrd009
BANNED

Post by bbyrd009 »

and yes, a worker is worth his wages, ok. now compare that with the other instances of that phrase--which you can even put into a Bible engine, and just let wash over you--which "sent out, two-by-two, told to bring no extra shirt, extra sandals, or money purse, and to eat what was set before them, because the worker is worth his wages," etc., is the first one that comes to my mind. These are of course allegory; you are "eating what is set before you," right now, reading this.
crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by crochet1949 »

I am so NOT going to have another 'conversation' with you. No more posts.
bbyrd009
BANNED

Post by bbyrd009 »

Storyteller wrote:
bbyrd009 wrote:
Storyteller wrote:
Storyteller wrote:Once you put your faith in Christ you are saved, then and forever. Christ promises that and if we could then lose it, it wouldn't be a promise would it?
Christ says those that believe in Him shall have eternal life. That's it. No conditions.
That doesn't mean we won't change or that we won't do, or want, to do good works but if it depends on those works then we are all screwed. (Can I say that?)

it appears I can :)

Just in case it got missed in this terribly formatted forum :)
ok, i'm not interested in a pointless OSAS debate, and we have already gone over that yes, likely even a sincere seeker who comes to Christ purely from fear of hell might be considered = to a Hebrew who walked out of Egypt, free, although might also perish in the Promised Land...maybe; and we have already seen who "you evildoers" are, aka the religious people, the ones in churches, who have "eaten and drank at His table," and say "You taught in our streets," the same ones who will hear "I never knew you," so rather than debate it, i would only suggest that you bring your verses here, and let's take a look at them?

and i will tell you that i don't always "win" these, i am not interested in winning or losing, ok, but i am interested in getting a clear, honest picture of what the Book really says, which it should not be too hard to see by now scares most people to death, ok?

(now where is the political Muslims thing? sigh)
(ah, back to 2 clicks to submit now :lol: )

peace.
You know nothing about me, what my beliefs are, nor why I came to Christ.
did i intimate anywhere up there that i did?
Storyteller wrote: I don't attend church, I feel this forum is more of a church that any real one I've found (although I love empty churches). I feel closest to God when I'm walking by the sea, or in the woods, or when I'm talking to Him under the stars.
I didn't come to Christ through fear of hell either, He has been calling me all my life, I asked so many questions, read all I could about God, faith, Christianity, hell I even love the gospel of Matthew. I have drawn knowledge and faith from the unlikeliest of places and I have been guided by God.
John3:16 For God so loved the world, He gave His only begotten Son, so that whoever shall believe in Him will not perish, but have eternal life.
On a scriptural note, I know very little by heart as I'm actually also still pretty new to Christ but that doesn't mean I don't have faith.
Nor does it mean that I'm scared of what the Bible says. In fact, I find it fascinating to read. The Word truly is alive.
well amen, i was speaking generally, and i don't mean for anyone to apply that to themselves. And ps, i am about where you are on the memorization thing, i just keep a Bible search engine open, and go enter "nests" or "money" or whatever the subject is into it, and let the Book tell me what It wants to say on the matter. Context can be a little tricky sometimes, but "context" is usually the argument Apostates give you when they don't like your conclusions, too. So i keep a MSG Bible loaded up for that. Plus, when you ask an Apostate--which, i'm swimming in apostasy ok, i'm not meaning to point fingers, i am an apostate--to clarify why they say you have taken something out of context, it quickly becomes clear if they are full of it or not, by their next reply, usually, because they are either gonna go "see because this verse here," or they are gonna go "it just isn't worth my time to try and help you out here," like that.
bbyrd009
BANNED

Post by bbyrd009 »

"empty churches" ha, love it.

well, we got plenty of those now; not what you meant to invoke though, i guess
bbyrd009
BANNED

Post by bbyrd009 »

bbyrd009 wrote:and sweetie, you do what seems best to do, ok?
and please don't take that wrong; i am putting a lot on you, i know, and i bet you are a very nice person. It is what is in your heart that matters.
crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by crochet1949 »

crochet1949 wrote:I am so NOT going to have another 'conversation' with you. No more posts.
bbyrd009
BANNED

Post by bbyrd009 »

crochet1949 wrote:Where Do you get your information From.
for the above
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Christian: No

Post by Storyteller »

bbyrd009 wrote:"empty churches" ha, love it.

Having experienced some of the people who frequent churches, I don't know :twisted:

Seriously though, I had to google Apostate, I'm not sure I'd call myself that though, I would have no problem following a religion if proved true, and so far, Christianity has been true for me. I don't know what "religion" that is, I just listen to God, read the bible, talk and pray to God and allow the Holy Spirit to guide me.
In an empty church, I feel close to God, I KNOW Him, feel Him, love Him.

Personally, I don't think God requires us to gather together in a physical place, not always. Maybe some of us are better suited elsewhere?
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
bbyrd009
BANNED

Post by bbyrd009 »

Storyteller wrote:

Having experienced some of the people who frequent churches, I don't know :twisted:
:lol: ya
the fruit tells you all you need to know, huh. doesn't matter what people say they believe.
Storyteller wrote: Seriously though, I had to google Apostate, I'm not sure I'd call myself that though, I would have no problem following a religion if proved true, and so far, Christianity has been true for me. I don't know what "religion" that is, I just listen to God, read the bible, talk and pray to God and allow the Holy Spirit to guide me.

Personally, I don't think God requires us to gather together in a physical place, not always. Maybe some of us are better suited elsewhere?
ha. well, wherever two or three are gathered in My Name gets used a lot for that, but i never been to a religious service with only two or three poeple...but i have gathered 2 or 3 deep, usually spontaneously, and found Christ there, usually in service to one of the three, helping out with some immediate need or whatever.

Also, the numbers 2 and 3 have a symbology in the Book; we are characterized as "two men in a bed," etc.
"2" made it all the way to the Promised Land, with a Third for a Witness, Moses, who is a type for Christ, etc.
So wherever the Book says "2," there is prolly a personal application of one sort, and wherever It says "3" one of another sort.

As to "religion," i think it is important to develop a valid definition of "religion;" mine has turned into "man's attempts to reach God," or iow the "works" that men do to try and reach God their way, all the while saying of course that works will not save you, but then you have to understand that they have quite a list of works, Laws really, that you must accomplish in order for you to be considered "saved" by them...that the sect across the street is, of course, doing "wrong," and so they are "not saved."

so i have found that "religion" is just actually the other side of the coin of "politics," the "coin" actually being the vehicle, and the prefect rep of that trinity, which describes all 3 legs; political, ecumenical, and financial.

"Those who say religion has nothing to do with politics do not know what religion means."
Mahatma Gandhi

so, i would say that you have stumbled onto the system that the Book advises, that Paul pursued, in avoiding the other Apostles for 3 years, after his conversion...another sermon you will never hear in a "church." Be led by the Spirit, iow.
Seek the 3 baptisms; you already have one out of the way--you have been born of water. when you are accused of being drunk at the third hour of the day, i guess you have been born of the Spirit, then, maybe.

The fire one i'm not too sure about, but i know "hell, someday" turns into "trials and tribulations, today" when you look deep enough, and understand I AM, and Christ even tells us when we will be in trials, and how to go and find them, etc. so i guess those are clues for that.

"Blood" = "wine" in the Book, and there are 3 levels of wine, so to speak; grape juice (water), which, in the heat, turns to "new wine," (spirit), and can be distilled into "old wine," (fire).

And these can be associated with what and how one reads the Book; the same verse can be read multiple ways, and two people arguing about a verse online are usually both right, of course, from their individual perspectives, unless one is intentionally lying. "Milk" and "Meat" is a different, but similar analogy used.
bbyrd009
BANNED

Post by bbyrd009 »

the first thing to do, to get to wine, i guess, is to stop denying your toad, and get comfortable with applying all the passages in the Book that we natch assume apply to...everyone else--anyone else :lol: like religion assures us is true, to ourselves. i am a sinner, so those mean me. And i can't absorb the lesson if they aren't about me. and i don't go around beating myself up, because i am forgiven, i live a forgiven life, and yes, i am obnoxious, and offensive, without meaning to be, usually, and so i do my best to make that clear, and apologize, sincerely, if i have offended someone. And i do not take offense.

when you find one of my buttons--which i still got, plenty--then you are helping me out, because that indicates where i am getting offended, and that indicates where i need to do some more work, where i need to direct my prayer requests, a la "ask anything in My Name," which inevitably seem to bring some pain, because praying for patience or whatever is asking for change, and change is painful. Praying for something in His Name is asking for pain. Up to you how much pain, though.

Who hasn't had the experience of "i prayed for that, and i'm getting this?" :lol:
it took me so long to understand, that, oh, i keep doing it, this, this particular thing, "wrong,"
and that's why it keeps happening. i keep "sinning" there--which is often a perfectly acceptable solution, worldly-wise, making it confusing at first--instead of "hitting (not "missing") the mark, and collecting (rather than "not collecting") the reward, bounty, prize" (all phrases derived from a Lex and a Strong's of "sin").

so, when i finally start doing it "right," people-
-some people, anyway, most people, usually-
-are going to be wondering if i have lost my mind, then...ok.
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Christian: No

Post by Storyteller »

bbyrd009 wrote:
Storyteller wrote:

:lol: ya
the fruit tells you all you need to know, huh. doesn't matter what people say they believe.
Storyteller wrote: Seriously though, I had to google Apostate, I'm not sure I'd call myself that though, I would have no problem following a religion if proved true, and so far, Christianity has been true for me. I don't know what "religion" that is, I just listen to God, read the bible, talk and pray to God and allow the Holy Spirit to guide me.

ha. well, wherever two or three are gathered in My Name gets used a lot for that, but i never been to a religious service with only two or three poeple...but i have gathered 2 or 3 deep, usually spontaneously, and found Christ there, usually in service to one of the three, helping out with some immediate need or whatever.

Also, the numbers 2 and 3 have a symbology in the Book; we are characterized as "two men in a bed," etc.
"2" made it all the way to the Promised Land, with a Third for a Witness, Moses, who is a type for Christ, etc.
So wherever the Book says "2," there is prolly a personal application of one sort, and wherever It says "3" one of another sort.

As to "religion," i think it is important to develop a valid definition of "religion;" mine has turned into "man's attempts to reach God," or iow the "works" that men do to try and reach God their way, all the while saying of course that works will not save you, but then you have to understand that they have quite a list of works, Laws really, that you must accomplish in order for you to be considered "saved" by them...that the sect across the street is, of course, doing "wrong," and so they are "not saved."

so i have found that "religion" is just actually the other side of the coin of "politics," the "coin" actually being the vehicle, and the prefect rep of that trinity, which describes all 3 legs; political, ecumenical, and financial.

"Those who say religion has nothing to do with politics do not know what religion means."
Mahatma Gandhi

so, i would say that you have stumbled onto the system that the Book advises, that Paul pursued, in avoiding the other Apostles for 3 years, after his conversion...another sermon you will never hear in a "church." Be led by the Spirit, iow.
Seek the 3 baptisms; you already have one out of the way--you have been born of water. when you are accused of being drunk at the third hour of the day, i guess you have been born of the Spirit, then, maybe.

The fire one i'm not too sure about, but i know "hell, someday" turns into "trials and tribulations, today" when you look deep enough, and understand I AM, and Christ even tells us when we will be in trials, and how to go and find them, etc. so i guess those are clues for that.

"Blood" = "wine" in the Book, and there are 3 levels of wine, so to speak; grape juice (water), which, in the heat, turns to "new wine," (spirit), and can be distilled into "old wine," (fire).

And these can be associated with what and how one reads the Book; the same verse can be read multiple ways, and two people arguing about a verse online are usually both right, of course, from their individual perspectives, unless one is intentionally lying. "Milk" and "Meat" is a different, but similar analogy used.
We are indeed reading from the same book :)

Re, the three baptisms... yes, of water. Spirit, most definitely, I have the gift of faith (a recent revelation) and it is just so utterly perfect and apt (if ya wanna know why, troll through My Journey thread), fire? Again, oh, most definitely, yes.

The only thing that I am absolutely certain of about my faith is that Christ is my Saviour, my Lord. I am His, always.

Seriously, read some of My Journey :) I hear ya x
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
bbyrd009
BANNED

Post by bbyrd009 »

crochet1949 wrote:
Nicki wrote:
bbyrd009 wrote:
crochet1949 wrote:John 1:1 "In the beginning was the Word and the Word was With God and the Word Was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through Him all things were made; without Him nothing was made hat has been made. In Him was life, and that life was the light of men."

The Word of God is a collection of books that God inspired...
no, It is not, that is only what you have been led to believe and so that is what you see when you read now, but this cannot even be justified with the Book, or else you should have no problem with

In the beginning was the Bible, and the Bible was with God, and the Bible was God.

And this was accomplished so that you could then find Mansions in the Sky, and Rapture, rather than Nests, and Meeting Him in the Air, finding Word, which is nigh you, right now. Sorry. But there is not even any excuse for this now, a Lexicon is one click away. Go find Easter,

http://biblehub.com/kjv/acts/12.htm

there in verse 4, and then go to the Lex on that verse,

http://biblehub.com/lexicon/acts/12-4.htm

and see how you have been lied to, by people who signed Contracts for Jesus, so that you could pay them your money, ok?

that took me all of 2 minutes.
Where is the idea of Nests from? Jesus did say that his Father's house had many mansions (or rooms, in other versions)...

So the KJV says Easter when it should be Passover, as 'Easter' was a term that came along later. Well, the NIV says Passover. I don't think the KJV is superior to modern versions just because it's old (but not nearly as old as the Bible itself).

This comment is for '009' which happens to be in the midst of Nikki's comments. About the Bible and how it was put together -- I Do have some knowledge about that. It was a Long process and took a Long time. And HOW would you know What I've been 'led to believe'.

And I , too, wonder where Your idea of 'nests' come from. And the concept of someone who signed contracts for Jesus so money could be paid to them. That's Not in Bible Either. Where Do you get your information From.
ok, and i hope you understand, crochet, that i speak generally, and i should not even have said those things to you, they were not for you. The Book acknoowledges that people reach a point where they cannot, practically, change their minds, it gets harder as one gets older, children adapt easily, etc. I do not condemn Patriots; people do the wrong things for the right reasons all of the time. i served in the Navy. i did all of the dumb things, ok, all of them, pretty much. So you should not pay me any attention. You have a good heart, and i am just a weirdo, ok?
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

bbyrd009 wrote:
and i am just a weirdo, ok?
And the entire forum said, "Amen"!!!!
:mrgreen:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony