Evolution - Resource Thread

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
Byblos
Old School
Christian: Yes

Re: Evolution - Resource Thread

Post by Byblos »

RickD wrote:K, it's a good thing you're not a disgruntled former mod. You could really abuse this. :esurprised: :lol:

Maybe we should just ask Hana to completely reinstate your mod privileges, and welcome you back to the team? Of course you'd have to bring Byblos back with you too.
No thanks. I am too much enjoying criticizing you guys publicly. :D
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Byblos wrote:
RickD wrote:K, it's a good thing you're not a disgruntled former mod. You could really abuse this. :esurprised: :lol:

Maybe we should just ask Hana to completely reinstate your mod privileges, and welcome you back to the team? Of course you'd have to bring Byblos back with you too.
Listen son, you not too big that I can't put you over my knees, and spank your behind! y:O2
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

RickD wrote:
Byblos wrote:

Listen son, you not too big that I can't put you over my knees, and spank your behind! y:O2
Did you bug my house? That's what my wife said yesterday. :esurprised: :mrgreen:
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Byblos wrote:
RickD wrote:
Byblos wrote:

Did you bug my house? That's what my wife said yesterday. :esurprised: :mrgreen:
Byblos, I do work for the government, you know! 8)
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by 1over137 »

No more hidden power for K and Byblos 8)
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

1over137 wrote:No more hidden power for K and Byblos 8)
Hana, maybe you can just ban them both, if you can't rid them of secret powers. :pound:

-Edward R Murrow

Jac3510
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Jac3510 »

Byblos wrote:Did you bug my house? That's what my wife said yesterday. :esurprised: :mrgreen:
Ewwwww..... this is called TMI...... :oops: :xxpuke:

actually im just jealous
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

thread updated with this post From Land to Water: the Origin of Whales, Dolphins, and Porpoises

The original paper is free to download as pdf so enjoy.

Abstract
Cetaceans (whales, dolphins, and porpoises) are an order of mammals that originated about 50 million years ago in the Eocene epoch. Even though all modern cetaceans are obligate aquatic mammals, early cetaceans were amphibious, and their ancestors were terrestrial artiodactyls, similar to small deer. The transition from land to water is documented by a series of intermediate fossils, many of which are known from India and Pakistan. We review raoellid artiodactyls, as well as the earliest families of cetaceans: pakicetids, ambulocetids, remingtonocetids, protocetids, and basilosaurids. We focus on the evolution of cetacean organ systems, as these document the transition from land to water in detail.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com