Why?

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
N4SC
Familiar Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: Why?

Post by N4SC »

Sorry, but you aren't an atheist. A true atheist would make an actual argument about why God can't exist and why no religion can be true. You've only stated a common little patchwork code of people that don't understand a system of law and punishment. I'll try to help you as much as possible, but I doubt it'll work for you.

1. God exists. That's already been proven on this website through science and the Bible itself.
2. God created everything. Everything that is or was is because God made it.
3. God is holy. He's perfect and cannot have sin in His presence, therefore sinners must be sent to hell.
4. God is gracious and merciful. Knowing that we can't exist in His presence because of our sin, He sent His own son (Jesus, God in the flesh) to take our sins upon Himself and die on the cross for them, so that anyone who will believe can be saved.
5. God has standards. There are no morals without God. Making a point that you're a good person because you haven't killed anyone is invalid and false. People can think all day that they're good, because our standards are indefinitely flawed. God's standards are perfect, and to conform to them, we have to trust in Jesus.

Get it?
I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
C. S. Lewis
robyn hill
Established Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by robyn hill »

I was just reading through this and wanted to comment to Santa if he is still out there. You don't do this on your own. That is the difference btw. trying to prove there is a God without him and trying to understand God with him, even if it is with the faith of a mustard seed. I had the same questions as you did for years. I then noticed there was a real "possibility" there might be a God. With that, I asked for his "help" and that is what is transforming. That is why you won't find a magic equation to answer your questions because it is the facts "plus"a relationship with God that is affirming. My relationship with God has answered the questions you have. I can't put into words exactly how. It's like having a relationship with a parent, when someone asks you if you trust them and why, and you say "I just do" to explain why would involve many moments and experiences. That is how it is with God. You don't have to be 100% sure. God doesn't leave us on our own to figure this all out. It only takes faith the size of a mustard seed. It seems to me you already have that much faith but think you have to do it all on your own.
ageofknowledge
Esteemed Senior Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by ageofknowledge »

N4SC wrote:God's standards are perfect, and to conform to them, we have to trust in Jesus.
And what else?