The started of Christianity

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
UsagiTsukino
Valued Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: The started of Christianity

Post by UsagiTsukino »

Good point. So when does putting your on interpretation of the bible becomes twisting God's words? I don't find anything wrong with the Pope. I was just curious.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

UsagiTsukino wrote:Good point. So when does putting your on interpretation of the bible becomes twisting God's words? I don't find anything wrong with the Pope. I was just curious.
Good question, I am not sure I am qualified to answer it, which means I really don't know haha.

Maybe someone else might have a crack at it.
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

UsagiTsukino wrote:but itsn't it wrong to have the Pope it's not stated anywhere in the bible. Also what about purgatory ? I think god only knows a true person heart. So, I guess I shouldn't judge. I mean putting things in unbiblical if they aren't there
If you're truly interested in learning about the Catholic faith, why on earth would you be asking questions here? Go to a Catholic forum (here's one).

Once you learn what the Catholic Church really teaches, then you can come back here for a dose of refutation. :mrgreen:
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.