So Christians are unintelligent??

Discussions amongst Christians about life issues, walking with Christ, and general Christian topics that don't fit under any other area.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: So Christians are unintelligent??

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

Ivellious wrote:Well, I must admit God is pretty selective about the times he chooses to commit mass murders. Sure, annihilate Sodom and Gomorrah because no perfect people live there, but a Holocaust against his chosen race? Well, we'll let that one slide for now...

Who says God killed the Jews. :shakehead:
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
Ivellious
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Ivellious »

I never said God did, but if God kills people who threaten his chosen race, it seems odd that he would kill some in the distant past and then just stop helping them in more dire times, such as the Holocaust...
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

Ivellious wrote:I never said God did, but if God kills people who threaten his chosen race, it seems odd that he would kill some in the distant past and then just stop helping them in more dire times, such as the Holocaust...

Because we are under a new covenant, we are all God's chosen people now. There were specific reason for God protecting the jews at the time, the main one being to be a light on the hill to all nations, a place for the saviour of all mankind to come forth from. Now that it is done there is no more reason for God to continue this protection.

As far as I understand it.
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
Murray
Esteemed Senior Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Murray »

That article is a just a sloppy excuse for writing that used the same parrot ramblings and inaccuracies that atheist who don't like to think have used for years. For example "Other than the fact that we are all still waiting 2,000 years after Jesus promised to return "; anybody with sort of knowledge of christianity knows this is false....

Websites like this serve no real purpose other than to help people who are insecure with their beliefs bash other beliefs to make themselves feel better.
in nomine patri et fili spiritu sancte
opus649
Familiar Member

Post by opus649 »

Dallas wrote:Can someone explain to me how God approves of genocide? I don't know of any place that it states in the Bible that God approves of genocide.
Not just approves of, but commands:

Numbers 31:7-18
1 Samuel 15:3
Deuteronomy 7:1-2
Deuteronomy 20:16-17
Joshua 10:40-41
opus649
Familiar Member

Post by opus649 »

Murray wrote:That article is a just a sloppy excuse for writing that used the same parrot ramblings and inaccuracies that atheist who don't like to think have used for years. For example "Other than the fact that we are all still waiting 2,000 years after Jesus promised to return "; anybody with sort of knowledge of christianity knows this is false....
I have knowledge of Christianity. Can you please explain to me how it is false?
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Ivellious wrote:I never said God did, but if God kills people who threaten his chosen race, it seems odd that he would kill some in the distant past and then just stop helping them in more dire times, such as the Holocaust...
True, but God didn't always help or divinely provide for the Jews. They were conquered at varying times, taken into captivity and suffered on many occasions.

As for "chosen race", this for me raises the question what were they chosen for? To which my answer would start and end with Christ.