Relationship problem

Discussion for Christian perspectives on ethical issues such as abortion, euthanasia, sexuality, and so forth.
suzette
Newbie Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: Relationship problem

Post by suzette »

Thank you Smiley and jlay for your words. They mean a great deal to me. Living as Christ wants me to do is so difficult when emotions and desire are involved. When I read my Bible yesterday, strangely enough I was struck by Jesus speaking with the woman caught in adultery. When her accusers left, Jesus spoke with her and afterward sent her off without any harsh judgement but rather with his gentle reminder to "sin no more." I guess I needed to read that, as well as hear the many concerned and sound counsel from those of you on this site.

One unrelated question, is it inappropriate to use our own names here? I'll admit to not knowing the proper protocol in use here. I was using 'quote' for replies and just now realized that it should have been 'quick reply'.

I have moved here not to long ago and have no Church that I feel accepted in at the moment and it means a great deal to me to have the people and information on this site to guide me. I still consider myself a new Christian even though I became one in late 1985.
Again, I thank you all.
zoegirl
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Relationship problem

Post by zoegirl »

you can certianly use quote if you are replying. Quick reply simply means you don't have full access to all of the editing features. And some of us use a username, others use their real name. It's no big deal. I've simply become used to using my username, which is my dog's name (zoe) and sometimes I call her zoegirl.

There is no protocol, other than what people feel comfortable and safe using. I know I was tentative at first broadcasting my real name when I started getting on online boards four years ago and simply didn't want to advertise too much info. Now it's simply a convenient name.
"And we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Jesus Christ"