Is Jesus-Christ the Word of God or the Bible?

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
cslewislover
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Is Jesus-Christ the Word of God or the Bible?

Post by cslewislover »

Zebulon wrote:
cslewislover wrote:Yes, but so are you (from this world)
Hummmm, not sure anymore. Maybe I had been better to say that we are from heaven and decided to come to flech in this world, by the influence of the serpent? And therefore we have to follow Christ if we want to go back as newly reborn by him? Am I mistaking?
You said the scholars were from the world and I said so are you. What is the problem with that? We are all human. Are you saying that there are, and have been, no scholars who are also believers??? I'm going to start thinking that you are purposely taking things out of context.

This issue as you brought up before is whether the bible is reliable or not. To follow Christ is to follow the bible, since He is the Bible, the living word. He told us this so we will not be deceived by anyone saying just anything. We need a reliable source of God's revelation, and the bible is that source, as we know from many proofs. Why don't you look at the articles I provided.

cslewislover wrote:so why should anyone take your word for it over more than 2,000 years of history, tradition, research, etc.? Yes, you do need to prove something if want someone to believe you or take you seriously. Otherwise, I don't know why you're posting.
You told me to start a new tread. I started it. No one should take my word for anything or any reason, I am questionning, and I do not have to prove nothing at all
cslewislover wrote:You should read the site purpose and guidelines.
Then where am I acting not accordingly?

Kindly,

Zebulon
I have already stated my concerns above. You said the bible is not the main source for knowing Christ. Bart was stating a Christian truth, from the Bible, which has been shown to be very reliable indeed. You did not ask about why the Bible should be your main source, you said it wasn't. That is why I said you need to prove that what John said in his gospel is wrong (and it's not just in there, but I'd need to look some other verses up). If the Bible is Jesus, the Living Word, and you are using sources that conflict with it, then you are going against Jesus. So yes, this is very important and a thing you need to show. If you are going to come to a Christian site that helps seekers, and freely say that rock solid orthodox teaching is wrong, then you need to show why.
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis
Zebulon
Valued Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Is Jesus-Christ the Word of God or the Bible?

Post by Zebulon »

y@};-