The 2 creations

Discussions on creation beliefs within Christianity, and topics related to creation.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Re: The 2 creations

Post by Kurieuo »

Michael wrote:Here is an interesting possibility for why there are multiple creation accounts and titles for God.

Click for link
That is I believe was Zebulon was assuming. A weakness with redaction criticism though is that there are as many sources as one sees differences. It is ultimately very subjective and far from objective in methodology. In fact there is wide divergence in scholarship on the amount of sources, type of sources, and which parts belong to which source.
JesusSmiles
Familiar Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: The 2 creations

Post by JesusSmiles »

I could be wrong...but I always thought on the sixth day God created 'all of mankind' (Them-male and female). He went on to talk to them about the seeds of all the plants and trees which would sustain them, them taking dominion, them subduing the earth, etc. After His creation process was over...He rested on the seventh day. Some time later, not determined, He said there was no one to till the ground to make those food-seeds work. He then mixed some spit and dust and made Adam an 'earth suit'. Within Adam was the seeds of all of 'them' who were also to be born on the earth in the same kind of physcial earth body God had provided for Adam. This is why Eve had to be formed out of Adam's rib.

Adam wasn't a 'new' creation...he was created on the sixth day along with everyone else....including THEM...which is US. He only got his physcial body which enabled him to live on earth as a man at a later date. This is why we are a spirit man who lives in a physical body. Adam was the fist man....he provided us a way to be born onto the earth. Jesus was the second Adam...he provided us a way to be 'reborn' so we could get back to heaven.

Maybe I'm making it too simple. It's just the way I've always read it.
God is Great, and therefore He will be sought.
Good is Good, and therefore He will be found.
Anonymous