'If you could lose eternal life it wouldn't be eternal'

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
jpbg33
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Re: 'If you could lose eternal life it wouldn't be eternal'

Post by jpbg33 »

abelcainsbrother you just contradicted your self. You said that Jesus did it all on the cross. Then you said that we could not be saved until the upper room. If it was what Jesus did then people could have been saved before the upper room. Jesus had already paid the price for sin so what was stopping people from being saved at that point.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

jpbg33 wrote:abelcainsbrother you just contradicted your self. You said that Jesus did it all on the cross. Then you said that we could not be saved until the upper room. If it was what Jesus did then people could have been saved before the upper room. Jesus had already paid the price for sin so what was stopping people from being saved at that point.
No you're confused about going to heaven and being saved by Jesus.Are you implying you don't need Jesus to get to heaven if people made it to heaven before Jesus? Jews try to make the same case.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Storyteller »

Once you put your faith in Christ you are saved, then and forever. Christ promises that and if we could then lose it, it wouldn't be a promise would it?
Christ says those that believe in Him shall have eternal life. That's it. No conditions.
That doesn't mean we won't change or that we won't do, or want, to do good works but if it depends on those works then we are all screwed. (Can I say that?)

it appears I can :)
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
bbyrd009
BANNED

Post by bbyrd009 »

crochet1949 wrote:
bbyrd009 wrote:"They must find it difficult, those who have taken authority as the truth, rather than truth as the authority." G Massey

and you better believe a lot of other things are conflated for you, too, for your "convenience;"

your nation is conflated with a country, they say "the nation" all the time, when they mean "the country," which, after all, contains many nations, nations being "people." Sioux people, they have a nation here, too, etc. And this is done in any area that you will allow it to happen. Anarchy is conflated with Chaos, Communism is presented as Evil, people are characterized as either Conservative or Liberal, on and on and on. Sick care is called "health care," the fake food at the grocery store is called "food," while real food now has to be called "organic" food...on and on, all day long. i could easily fill the page. "immunizations" ruin your immunity, lawyers are conflated with "justice," "Fortified" and "Enriched" mean processed to death, "whole milk" means sterilized, homogenized, hormoned, pus-filled crap, etcetc. etc.
WoW -- any More complaints -- your information says you live in Florida -- if you're so upset with This country -- why not find a country you Will be happy in. :shakehead: :wave:
gee, never heard that one before, crochet, ty.

this is just another soft-murder, another way to put you over me, wadr.

you characterize me as complaining, when i am merely pointing out that everything you believe, every one of your beliefs, is suspect, ok. Beliefs are not Faith. If you believe you can still buy real food at the grocery store, then by all means do so. If you believe that a Doctor of Allopathy can return you to health, then who am i to try and change your mind. If you believe your dollar is real, and inflation is normal, and the economy is best gauged by experts, using GDP as a guide, then do that.

i merely suggest to you that there is an entire nation living right among you--other than the thousands in the Muslim Nation that currently live right in your county, that you are unaware of, that is--of Ana...of people who live a completely different life, and have not accepted the many things that you could not even envision letting go of, ie "i need money to survive, i need a car to get to work, i need a grocery store to get food, my children need to be Christian Patriots, my children need to get a 'good' education so that they can be 'successful' in the world, i need a dentist to fill my cavities, even," lol, yikes, are you aware that you are 3 clicks away from a cavity-repairing toothpaste, invented by some Japanese guy, 10 years ago? that you would never have to go to the dentist again? Gee, i wonder why you do not know this.

i apologize, i am Cain again, but this is the best i can do for now.
"Creation is continuous, and never stops."
bbyrd009
BANNED

Post by bbyrd009 »

abelcainsbrother wrote:
bbyrd009 wrote:"They must find it difficult, those who have taken authority as the truth, rather than truth as the authority." G Massey

and you better believe a lot of other things are conflated for you, too, for your "convenience;"

your nation is conflated with a country, they say "the nation" all the time, when they mean "the country," which, after all, contains many nations, nations being "people." Sioux people, they have a nation here, too, etc. And this is done in any area that you will allow it to happen. Anarchy is conflated with Chaos, Communism is presented as Evil, people are characterized as either Conservative or Liberal, on and on and on. Sick care is called "health care," the fake food at the grocery store is called "food," while real food now has to be called "organic" food...on and on, all day long. i could easily fill the page. "immunizations" ruin your immunity, lawyers are conflated with "justice," "Fortified" and "Enriched" mean processed to death, "whole milk" means sterilized, homogenized, hormoned, pus-filled crap, etcetc. etc.

I think I can prove you wrong with two verses Matthew 7:22- 23"Many will say to me in that day,Lord,Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name(works)?and in thy name have cast out devils?(works)and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them,I never knew you: depart from me,ye that work iniquity.

Notice that these people focused on their works and what they did,which we who believe in OSAS don't focus on at all we put our faith in Jesus and what he did to save us and justify us and do not believe works can justify us. Only these people Jesus will reject thought works/human effort mattered when it comes to salvation.You should thank me because I just showed you how Jesus lifted a ton off of you. You can relax now and rest in Jesus.
well, another perspective is that these people are those "who have eaten and drank at His table," and who claimed "you taught in our streets," despite He will not quarrel or cry out; no one will hear his voice in the streets, and so suddenly the "evildoers" are...who knows, some other, undefined, people, who are not characterized in these reflections at all, the "evildoers" cannot possibly be the people in our churches, the ones on our streets, who even have tables that say "This do, in remembrance of Me," and knock on doors, and etcetc. etc.

so yes, thank you (ty), for your...expose`, of my inadequacies, once again.
bbyrd009
BANNED

Post by bbyrd009 »

abelcainsbrother wrote:

I think I can prove you wrong with two verses Matthew 7:22- 23"Many will say to me in that day,Lord,Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name(works)?and in thy name have cast out devils?(works)and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them,I never knew you: depart from me,ye that work iniquity.

Notice that these people focused on their works and what they did,which we who believe in OSAS don't focus on at all we put our faith in Jesus and what he did to save us and justify us and do not believe works can justify us. Only these people Jesus will reject thought works/human effort mattered when it comes to salvation.You should thank me because I just showed you how Jesus lifted a ton off of you. You can relax now and rest in Jesus.
well, another perspective is that these people are those "who have eaten and drank at His table," and who claimed "you taught in our streets," despite He will not quarrel or cry out; no one will hear his voice in the streets, and so suddenly the "evildoers" are...who knows, some other, undefined, people, who are not characterized in these reflections at all, the "evildoers" cannot possibly be the people in our churches, the ones on our streets, who even have tables that say "This do, in remembrance of Me," and knock on doors, and etcetc. etc. but you have chosen to see what you will see, and accepted the Bible-bait, put there so that all may read what they need to read, and thus expose themselves, their hearts, for any who have eyes to see, just like i am doing. Yes, their works did not save them. If that obscures a central point of the parable for you, and allows you to be convinced that that is all the parable is about, and you can now confidently tell people "this is, only, what this parable is about," then so be it.

so yes, thank you (ty), for your...expose`, of my inadequacies, once again.
bbyrd009
BANNED

Post by bbyrd009 »

yikes, the formatting here is beyond hideous, sorry guys. what a cluster.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

bbyrd009 wrote:yikes, the formatting here is beyond hideous, sorry guys. what a cluster.
Try laying off the drugs. The rest of us seem to have no problem with the forum. :wave:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
bbyrd009
BANNED

Post by bbyrd009 »

:lol: ya, that is just complaining, there. i'll adjust. it is deficient, though, comparatively speaking. no quote trackbacks? how much more deceiving and obscuring can a forum be? The machinations of "Science," as opposed to Truth, immediately come to mind, wadr.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
but hey, ablecain's, at least you are free from all that "pick up your cross" jazz, and all that Wandering, right, because you have found the Promised Land, and you are just awaitin on Jesus, just waitin and resting, right, no need to "count the cost," after all, what cost? Describe to me the cost.

Free salvation, come and get it. Ok. :lol:

you will reap what you sow, brother, and i pray that is a blessing for you, and not a curse, ok.
Last edited by bbyrd009 on Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

bbyrd009 wrote:but hey, at least you are free from all that "pick up your cross" jazz, and all that Wandering, right, because you have found the Promised Land, and you are just awaitin on Jesus, just waitin and resting, right, no need to "count the cost," after all, what cost? Describe to me the cost.

you will reap what you sow, brother, and i pray that is a blessing for you, and not a curse, ok.
To whom are you babbling?
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

bbyrd009
BANNED

Post by bbyrd009 »

bbyrd009 wrote: :lol: ya, that is just complaining, there. i'll adjust. it is deficient, though, comparatively speaking. no quote trackbacks? how much more deceiving and obscuring can a forum be? The machinations of "Science," as opposed to Truth, immediately come to mind, wadr.
but hey, ablecain's, at least you are free from all that "pick up your cross" jazz, and all that Wandering, right, because you have found the Promised Land, and you are just awaitin on Jesus, just waitin and resting, right, no need to "count the cost," after all, what cost? Describe to me the cost.

bbyrd009
BANNED

Post by bbyrd009 »

abelcainsbrother wrote:
bbyrd009 wrote:Notice that these people focused on their works and what they did
notice that you have quite a list of works that are required to be done, in order for you to consider someone "saved," too, ok.

is this even posting? back to one click on "submit" now? who knows?
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

bbyrd009 wrote:
bbyrd009 wrote: :lol: ya, that is just complaining, there. i'll adjust. it is deficient, though, comparatively speaking. no quote trackbacks? how much more deceiving and obscuring can a forum be? The machinations of "Science," as opposed to Truth, immediately come to mind, wadr.

Ever think of seeking help for your psychosis? It's nothing to be ashamed of. Really.

-Edward R Murrow

Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female

Post by Storyteller »

Storyteller wrote:Once you put your faith in Christ you are saved, then and forever. Christ promises that and if we could then lose it, it wouldn't be a promise would it?
Christ says those that believe in Him shall have eternal life. That's it. No conditions.
That doesn't mean we won't change or that we won't do, or want, to do good works but if it depends on those works then we are all screwed. (Can I say that?)

it appears I can :)

Just in case it got missed in this terribly formatted forum :)
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
bbyrd009
BANNED

Post by bbyrd009 »

RickD wrote:
bbyrd009 wrote:

Ever think of seeking help for your psychosis? It's nothing to be ashamed of. Really.
ya, keep polishing your helmet at my expense, bro, no prob. i forgive you.