'If you could lose eternal life it wouldn't be eternal'

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: 'If you could lose eternal life it wouldn't be eternal'

Post by crochet1949 »

jpbg33 wrote:

RickD wrote

I promise. From now on, I'll be extra carefull with what I say about your Gob. Your Gob is a liar, and has trouble keeping his promises. We don't believe in the same God. My God promises everlasting life to anyone who has believed in Christ. Your false god says that you have temporary life, and you may or may not be saved, depending upon how good you are.

I think I'll stick to my God, thank you very much.

I do not think osas people think you have to believe osas to be saved. That is not what I am talking about. You said that you did not want anything to do with my God. I serve the same God you say you serve.

I was saying you need to be careful what you say.

I am not trying to slam you but it does say all liars are going to hell.

That veres means that if you were saved 30 years ago but are now a liar then if you are still a liar when you die you will go to hell

So -- if after 30 years a person tells a lie then they are going to hell? You are on a works-based salvation. Or believe in sinless perfection while here on earth. Maybe that depends on Why you are finding it necessary To lie. Generally a person will lie to cover up for something Else. So it's a double-whammy -- he has some explaining to do.

The ONLY thing that results in a person ending up in hell -- is their Not accepting Jesus Christ as their personal Savior. Not accepting God's gift OF salvation From ending up there.

The Revelation 22 passage says "Outside are the dogs, those who practice magic arts, the sexually immoral , the murderers, the idolaters and everyone who loves and practices falsehood."
Loves and practices falsehood -- that's not your average occasional lie. But it's NOT a good thing to lie -- because it ruins a person's credibility -- their trustworthiness.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

jpbg33 wrote:
postby abelcainsbrother » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:30 pm

I agree with you about being filled with the Holy Spirit but I don't agree with you adding works into salvation,when you do this? You turn Christianity into just another religion that teaches works for salvation.I think you need to study the book of Galatians and Hebrews. Because Jesus paid for our salvation in full for those who have accepted his salvation and have been saved and there is nothing man can do to add to what Jesus already did for those who have been saved. Remove works from your idea of salvation and you'll be right.You are not any Christian's judge and cannot know who is saved and who isn't based on works.Now on one hand you seem to know we are not saved by works but then you add in human effort and think you can judge somebody based on your perception of the person's faith,belief,etc which are works you are sneaking in there adding to salvation.If a person is saved they already believe and have faith in Jesus.

If we could not tell if someone was saved then why would God tell us to not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. If you could not tell there is no need to say not to do it because you would know if you was or not.

2Co_6:14  Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

Unsaved people say they are saved all the time. So if God warned us to not be unequally yoked then we must be able to tell by watching someone.

I do not believe I am saved by my works I believe I work because I am saved.

1Jn 2:3  And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments. 
1Jn 2:4  He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. 
1Jn 2:5  But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him. 

I cannot tell who is saved or not and neither can you. I tend to believe somebody who says they have been saved and we can tell if their life bears it out if we get to know them.But nobody except God can judge somebody's salvation.

What commandments did Christ give us? He did not give us works but taught we must be born again and up until Jesus died and rose people were justified by works but after Jesus died and rose it changed because Christ had fulfilled the law and paid for our salvation in full and now it is a gift by faith and not works.Nobody was saved until the day of Pentecost where they met in the upper room.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by crochet1949 »

They had the cross to look Towards -- they had the prophets telling -- predicting -- they died Trusting / by faith / looking Towards what would happen in the Future. The people at the time Of Jesus Christ's life -- some scoffed and some believed -- even after His bodily resurrection -- some made all sorts of excuses to Not accept Him. And the same Now -- we look back at the cross that happened in the past. The Old Testament priests made yearly blood sacrifices to cover the sins of their people. Those people who accepted Through Faith - when they died -- went to Abraham's bosom. Waited until Jesus Christ died and was buried and came to get them to be with Him.
jpbg33

Post by jpbg33 »

abelcainsbrother you are wrong as soon as Jesus roes from the dead people could start being saved. Jesus is the remission of our sins not he Holy Ghost.The upper room was the first time Christians were full with the Holy Ghost.

What you said is not from the bible at all. Jesus never said the Holy Ghost had to come for us to be saved.

I do not believe we are saved by work I believe we are saved unto good works like the Bible says.

it is not your works that saves you but it is your works that show you that you are saved.

to be saved your sins have to be forgiven and the bible says that under the law there sins were not forgiven but rolled back one year.
crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by crochet1949 »

jpbg33 wrote:abelcainsbrother you are wrong as soon as Jesus roes from the dead people could start being saved. Jesus is the remission of our sins not he Holy Ghost.The upper room was the first time Christians were full with the Holy Ghost.

What you said is not from the bible at all. Jesus never said the Holy Ghost had to come for us to be saved.

I do not believe we are saved by work I believe we are saved unto good works like the Bible says.

it is not your works that saves you but it is your works that show you that you are saved.

to be saved your sins have to be forgiven and the bible says that under the law there sins were not forgiven but rolled back one year.

It's the Holy Spirit - Not Holy Ghost.

In the Old Testamant -- dead people were Not being saved. Jesus Christ -- after He died for everyone's sins -- went to Abraham's bosom to take those who had already believed -- with Him.
jpbg33

Post by jpbg33 »

My bible say the Holy Ghost. I use the King James bible and it uses the term Holy Ghost. All it took to be saved was Jesus dying on the cross. Jesus did not say He had to go so we could be saved He said He had to go so the Confider could come.

you could be saved as soon as Jesus roes from the dead. There is no scripture that say we had to wait until the upper room.
that is non since. So people were being saved with out being filled with the Holy Ghost.

Are you actually trying to tell me you believe that people could not be saved until the upper room. Wow that is not biblical at all.
crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by crochet1949 »

A person could be saved Before the cross happened. Looking Forward -- believing in what was yet to come. Having Faith in what the prophets were telling them. They went to Abrahams' Bosom until Jesus Christ died and got those souls and took them with Him. Since the coming of the Holy Spirit -- He comes to indwell us immediately.
jpbg33

Post by jpbg33 »

people were not saved before the cross.

Heb 10:3  But in those sacrifices there is a remembrance again made of sins every year. 
Heb 10:4  For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins.

one other thing they didn't know he was going to die on a cross for there sins. 
bbyrd009
BANNED
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by bbyrd009 »

crochet1949 wrote:John 1:1 "In the beginning was the Word and the Word was With God and the Word Was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through Him all things were made; without Him nothing was made hat has been made. In Him was life, and that life was the light of men."

The Word of God is a collection of books that God inspired...
no, It is not, that is only what you have been led to believe and so that is what you see when you read now, but this cannot even be justified with the Book, or else you should have no problem with

In the beginning was the Bible, and the Bible was with God, and the Bible was God.

And this was accomplished so that you could then find Mansions in the Sky, and Rapture, rather than Nests, and Meeting Him in the Air, finding Word, which is nigh you, right now. Sorry. But there is not even any excuse for this now, a Lexicon is one click away. Go find Easter,

http://biblehub.com/kjv/acts/12.htm

there in verse 4, and then go to the Lex on that verse,

http://biblehub.com/lexicon/acts/12-4.htm

and see how you have been lied to, by people who signed Contracts for Jesus, so that you could pay them your money, ok?

that took me all of 2 minutes.
"Creation is continuous, and never stops."
bbyrd009
BANNED

Post by bbyrd009 »

now, go do the same for Mansions, and watch them turn into Nests, and Rapture is a damned lie to, just a little more devious, alright?
bbyrd009
BANNED

Post by bbyrd009 »

"They must find it difficult, those who have taken authority as the truth, rather than truth as the authority." G Massey

and you better believe a lot of other things are conflated for you, too, for your "convenience;"

your nation is conflated with a country, they say "the nation" all the time, when they mean "the country," which, after all, contains many nations, nations being "people." Sioux people, they have a nation here, too, etc. And this is done in any area that you will allow it to happen. Anarchy is conflated with Chaos, Communism is presented as Evil, people are characterized as either Conservative or Liberal, on and on and on. Sick care is called "health care," the fake food at the grocery store is called "food," while real food now has to be called "organic" food...on and on, all day long. i could easily fill the page. "immunizations" ruin your immunity, lawyers are conflated with "justice," "Fortified" and "Enriched" mean processed to death, "whole milk" means sterilized, homogenized, hormoned, pus-filled crap, etcetc. etc.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

jpbg33 wrote:abelcainsbrother you are wrong as soon as Jesus roes from the dead people could start being saved. Jesus is the remission of our sins not he Holy Ghost.The upper room was the first time Christians were full with the Holy Ghost.

No you are wrong,nobody was saved before the upper room,this does not mean they did not make it to heaven but it was by works,but no longer after Jesus fulfilled the law for us and died in our place and rose again. And yet after Jesus done everything that was necessary to pay for sinners salvation you are saying it was not good enough and that you must help him save you,yet there is no way you could or can.The bible says all the good you can do is as filthy rags and yet you still think the good you can do matter,when they don't. It is all about what Jesus did,not what you do that doesn't measure up anyway. It is only because of Jesus and what he did that we are made righteous eventhogh we really are'nt righteous,it is Jesus taking up our slack and justifying us.You have never addressed the blood covenant problem you have in that God has never broken blood covenants and yet you now think he does or will? You're just wrong!
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
bbyrd009
BANNED

Post by bbyrd009 »

crochet1949 wrote:But it's NOT a good thing to lie -- because it ruins a person's credibility -- their trustworthiness.
snarf.

and "hell" is turned into some place we are to fear--instead of God, of course, the real All-Consuming Fire, right now--in the future, when 3 minutes in any Lexicon will lead anyone who cares to "a body that "matches" their capacity for torment relating to their (unique) judgment; trials or tribulations blahblahblah, all day long
crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by crochet1949 »

bbyrd009 wrote:"They must find it difficult, those who have taken authority as the truth, rather than truth as the authority." G Massey

and you better believe a lot of other things are conflated for you, too, for your "convenience;"

your nation is conflated with a country, they say "the nation" all the time, when they mean "the country," which, after all, contains many nations, nations being "people." Sioux people, they have a nation here, too, etc. And this is done in any area that you will allow it to happen. Anarchy is conflated with Chaos, Communism is presented as Evil, people are characterized as either Conservative or Liberal, on and on and on. Sick care is called "health care," the fake food at the grocery store is called "food," while real food now has to be called "organic" food...on and on, all day long. i could easily fill the page. "immunizations" ruin your immunity, lawyers are conflated with "justice," "Fortified" and "Enriched" mean processed to death, "whole milk" means sterilized, homogenized, hormoned, pus-filled crap, etcetc. etc.
WoW -- any More complaints -- your information says you live in Florida -- if you're so upset with This country -- why not find a country you Will be happy in. :shakehead: :wave:
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

bbyrd009 wrote:"They must find it difficult, those who have taken authority as the truth, rather than truth as the authority." G Massey

I think I can prove you wrong with two verses Matthew 7:22- 23"Many will say to me in that day,Lord,Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name(works)?and in thy name have cast out devils?(works)and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them,I never knew you: depart from me,ye that work iniquity.

Notice that these people focused on their works and what they did,which we who believe in OSAS don't focus on at all we put our faith in Jesus and what he did to save us and justify us and do not believe works can justify us. Only these people Jesus will reject thought works/human effort mattered when it comes to salvation.You should thank me because I just showed you how Jesus lifted a ton off of you. You can relax now and rest in Jesus.
Last edited by abelcainsbrother on Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.