dinosaurs and man coexisted?

Discussions on creation beliefs within Christianity, and topics related to creation.
waynes world
Established Member
Christian: No

Post by waynes world »

I doubt that most Americans believe that the dinasours coexisted with men. There are many Christians I know who reject that idea. Its not what God is telling Job and I repeat what I said earlier: God is telling Job to worship Him. The whole point in showing any animal was to humble Job not to prove scientific creationism.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

ochotseat wrote:
I doubt that most americans think the dinasours co-existed with men.
Most Americans believe in the literal truth of the Bible, so they do.
If I ever saw someone begging the question, the quote above more than qualifies.

Kurieuo.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
waynes world
Established Member

Post by waynes world »

I'm not sure thats even true. Even if the bible were literally true I don't see where the dinosaurs climbed aboard the ark anywhere in Job.
ochotseat

Post by ochotseat »

Kurieuo wrote:If I ever saw someone begging the question, the quote above more than qualifies.
No one's holding you back from asking. :P
waynes world wrote:I'm not sure thats even true. Even if the bible were literally true I don't see where the dinosaurs climbed aboard the ark anywhere in Job.
We went through this before. If you don't believe it, then that's your choice. Other Christians do.
Prodigal Son

Post by Prodigal Son »

wayne: just go to page one and two on this thread and look under my name. all the links are there. if you want me to repost them, though, i can.
New Creation
2 Corinthians 5:7
waynes world
Established Member

Post by waynes world »

Prodigal Son wrote:wayne: just go to page one and two on this thread and look under my name. all the links are there. if you want me to repost them, though, i can.
Believe me I've seen all the arguments and cannot see anything from Job 38-41 where God is proving scientific creationism. His point is to humble Job and it really doesn't matter what the animals were, God is using them to show Job how small he is in comparason. If you read the end of the story Job does worship God and is rewarded for it. I doubt if Job learned that the dinasours climbed aboard the ark.
Prodigal Son

Post by Prodigal Son »

oh, i thought you were just wondering about the whole description thing and how people had determined dinosaur/man togetherness thing. i don't know if they climbed on the ark either, but i think they did. oh, well...we can ask God when we see Him.
New Creation
bizzt
Prestigious Senior Member

Post by bizzt »

Prodigal Son wrote:oh, i thought you were just wondering about the whole description thing and how people had determined dinosaur/man togetherness thing. i don't know if they climbed on the ark either, but i think they did. oh, well...we can ask God when we see Him.
If we Remember to do so... And WHO knows our Knowledge might be increased to know how God actually created the Universe :? :?:
waynes world
Established Member

Post by waynes world »

Prodigal Son wrote:oh, i thought you were just wondering about the whole description thing and how people had determined dinosaur/man togetherness thing. i don't know if they climbed on the ark either, but i think they did. oh, well...we can ask God when we see Him.
I agree finally. it won't matter then. we will wonder how we debated this will we?
Prodigal Son

Post by Prodigal Son »

bizzt:
if we remember to do so...
i'll remember. :P
and WHO knows our knowledge might be increased to know how God actually created the universe?
umm, yeah, who does know that? i said we could ASK him.
New Creation
ochotseat

Post by ochotseat »

waynes world wrote: Believe me I've seen all the arguments and cannot see anything from Job 38-41 where God is proving scientific creationism..
Go to creationscience.com then. :)

"Look at the behemoth, which I made along with you and which feed on grass like an ox. What strength he has in his loins, what power in the muscles of his belly! His tail sways like a cedar; the sinews of his thighs are close-knit. His bones are tubes of bronze, his limbs like rods of iron. He ranks first among the works of God..." (Job 40:15-19)

Job 41

9Indeed, any hope of overcoming him is false; Shall one not be overwhelmed at the sight of him? 10No one is so fierce that he would dare stir him up. Who then is able to stand against Me? 11Who has preceded Me, that I should pay him? Everything under heaven is Mine.
12"I will not conceal his limbs, His mighty power, or his graceful proportions.
33On earth there is nothing like him, Which is made without fear. 34He beholds every high thing; He is king over all the children of pride."

"So we are suggesting this was a relatively helpless little hatchling."

Q: What were the smallest and biggest eggs ever found?
A: The biggest dinosaur eggs we know are shaped like giant footballs and are about 19 inches long. The smallest dinosaur eggs are just a few inches across and more tennis ball-shaped and we don't know what dinosaur made them.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/20 ... 425329.htm
waynes world
Established Member

Post by waynes world »

Where in any of that scripture does God tell Job that the dinosaurs entered the ark? Even if the animals are dinosaurs its not what God is saying and He's not proving scientific creationism here, God's whole point is to humble Jp.
ochotseat

Post by ochotseat »

waynes world wrote:Where in any of that scripture does God tell Job that the dinosaurs entered the ark? Even if the animals are dinosaurs its not what God is saying and He's not proving scientific creationism here, God's whole point is to humble Jp.
Ok, so go to the site, and see what's on there and make up your mind. Unlike you and your anti-creationism position, I'm not going to tell you what to believe, because none of us can read God's mind.
waynes world
Established Member

Post by waynes world »

Why in the world do you make a statement like that? Just because I think the dinasours didn't climb the ark doesn't mean I don't believe in creation. It sounds like you want to make it a salvation issue. But its a man made idea not a God made one. We are warned against delving on myths like that one in 1 Timothy 1 verse 3 and following. We weren't alive when the flood happened so we don't know one way or another and the flood was not brought to prove scientific creationism but to punish sin.
waynes world
Established Member

Post by waynes world »

That article said the dinasours lived more than 100 million years ago, so how much credibility does it have if the dinos are supposed to be only 6000 years old?