"Don't pray for Japan"

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
Jonouchi Katsuya
Established Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: "Don't pray for Japan"

Post by Jonouchi Katsuya »

neo-x wrote:
This goes both ways. Regardless of what we think... it is best to try to get along and appreciate what the other has to offer.
:clap:
Wow you clap for me??? Thanks!

Makes me feel better on a kinda bitter day.
Hi I am a Buddhist and I seek enlightenment. I do not know everything. I do not pretend to know everything. I desire strongly to discuss the Bible as you see it. Please correct me when I get something wrong.
neo-x
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Post by neo-x »

Wow you clap for me??? Thanks!

Makes me feel better on a kinda bitter day.
My pleasure :ewink:
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
Murray
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: Yes

Post by Murray »

Jonouchi Katsuya wrote:
Canuckster1127 wrote:All social statistics I've seen indicate that people of faith send money more often and in larger amounts than atheists do. That doesn't diminish the statements but it suggests that atheists in general practically do less for those who are suffering. Ayn Rand's objectivism (a form of atheism which has greatly influenced American Capitalism) is an example of the type of thining that might contribute to this.
I know this is late... but...

Though this isn't necessarily true all the time. Look at Bill Gates- He has retired to become a full time philanthropist and he is not a Christian... in fact he is an atheist.

But, as someone who is not Christian ( I am Buddhist) I believe that Prayer really works. Sending good feelings and vibes towards and for another person or country like Japan should always be done if you can't do anything else. And in a big way, it means more than money.

I find obnoxious people (not Atheists) who say such things to be rather idiotic... though they may be the enlightened ones... who knows. :lol:

I hope you are all still praying for others- especially those going through great suffering.

He is actually agnostic :|
in nomine patri et fili spiritu sancte
SnowDrops
Established Member
Christian: No

Post by SnowDrops »

Murray wrote:
Jonouchi Katsuya wrote:
Canuckster1127 wrote:All social statistics I've seen indicate that people of faith send money more often and in larger amounts than atheists do. That doesn't diminish the statements but it suggests that atheists in general practically do less for those who are suffering. Ayn Rand's objectivism (a form of atheism which has greatly influenced American Capitalism) is an example of the type of thining that might contribute to this.
I know this is late... but...

Though this isn't necessarily true all the time. Look at Bill Gates- He has retired to become a full time philanthropist and he is not a Christian... in fact he is an atheist.

But, as someone who is not Christian ( I am Buddhist) I believe that Prayer really works. Sending good feelings and vibes towards and for another person or country like Japan should always be done if you can't do anything else. And in a big way, it means more than money.

I find obnoxious people (not Atheists) who say such things to be rather idiotic... though they may be the enlightened ones... who knows. :lol:

I hope you are all still praying for others- especially those going through great suffering.

He is actually agnostic :|
Well, right on the border there.
The first step to learning is to admit that you don't know.