I found myself laughing...

Discussions amongst Christians about life issues, walking with Christ, and general Christian topics that don't fit under any other area.
kmr
Valued Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

I found myself laughing...

Post by kmr »

So, I was bored and I decided to type in "reasons why God doesn't exist" in my google searchbar. What came up first for me was "http://godisimaginary.com/". However, when I went on the website, I was almost laughing, because despite those peoples' valiant efforts, their arguments only pointed right to God! For instance, their main page had a list of titles and "reasons" why God doesn't exist, but going down, each topic had a title that I could use to support God, such as "Examine the Resurrection". Even going into these topics and reading the articles themselves, I was still laughing because of how empty they were... the logic was so convoluted that I was convinced for the first five minutes that this website was created by a Christian posing as an atheist. But, as it turns out, these are the arguments most atheists have. Any comments?
- KMR

Dominum meum amō!
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Re: I found myself laughing...

Post by neo-x »

Most atheist reasoning is like so far stretched and indirectly implicated - that it sounds absurd and close to obsession of denial for the sake of nihilistic tendencies.
I often tell atheists, God exists simply because you can not dis-approve his existence, that is what makes him God, makes him above our knowledge and comprehension.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
SnowDrops
Established Member
Christian: No

Post by SnowDrops »

This site actually provides a list of things to examine. An atheist would say they point to atheism. A Christian would say they point to Christianity. Then they each have to prove their claims. I'm not sure atheists are capable of that or even bother to try.
The first step to learning is to admit that you don't know.
Reactionary
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Reactionary »

I have a better idea - that site is imaginary! People who think it was created by someone - are deluded. The fact is that the (mis)information on the site was "created" by a series of random typing errors. :pound:

I don't have to prove that statement, because it's obvious that people who disagree with me, are stupid. "Intelligence", yeah right. What kind of an intelligent agent would write such a heap of nonsense? :lol:

Now seriously, when I see a site like that one, at first I have a feeling that it was actually created by a Christian who parodies atheism. Because it shows such blatant ignorance that it looks like sarcasm. Unfortunately, too often it's not so. I stop laughing when I realize that those people are serious.

It seems that not only God is imaginary:
Both Jesus and God are imaginary.
Non-believers, in contrast, live moral and loving lives without having to resort to delusion. Non-believers are normal human beings who embrace reality rather than delusion. As a result, they live much healthier lives.
8-}2
The fact that there are so many gods proves that all of these gods are imaginary. If there actually were an all-knowing, all-powerful, all-loving "god" in any form, he would be obvious to everyone and we would all align on him. His existence would be undeniable and impossible to hide.
Well, if you're not all-knowing, all-powerful, all-loving "god" in any form, how could you know what an all-knowing, all-powerful, all-loving "god" in any form would do? :shakehead:
Jesus could have made clear statements to deter nuclear proliferation.
y:O2
Did Fleming or Floring say, as a religious person would, "The death of this bacteria is a miracle! God has reached down and killed it!" Of course not. Instead, they completely ignored "God".
Someone should have told them that Fleming was a Christian. :pound:
"Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and then turn and tear you to pieces." Matthew 7:6

"For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse." Romans 1:20

--Reactionary
dorkmaster
Recognized Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by dorkmaster »

Ha, this was the first site i saw when i first doubted. Needless to say, I haven't really had any problems since... What a joke.
:pound:
KravMagaSelfDefense
Recognized Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by KravMagaSelfDefense »

Yeah it seems pretty silly to me as well, I think I'm going to send along an email and destroy every single one of their laughable "proofs." All 50 of them
Maybe the atheist cannot find God for the same reason a thief cannot find a policeman. ~Author Unknown
A man can no more diminish God's glory by refusing to worship Him than a lunatic can put out the sun by scribbling the word, 'darkness' on the walls of his cell. ~ C.S. Lewis, The Problem of Pain
Atheism turns out to be too simple. If the whole universe has no meaning, we should never have found out that it has no meaning. - C.S. Lewis.
Dudeacus97
Established Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Dudeacus97 »

I was just randomly searching for "Evidence of God" and that website was the second thing that popped up. (This is the first one.) It also had this little gem:
There is no scientific evidence of God. If there was, then every fundamentalist in the world would be clinging onto it.
That's all I remember. I didn't bother to look into it, seeing that the entire website would probably be based off of that one stupid argument, which is blatantly false. Many Christians aren't aware that God has scientific evidence, and if they do, they don't care. We should make a counter-website, but it would be a complete waste of time. It wouldn't be like hyenas tearing at an antelope. It would be like vultures on a corpse.
"Christianity has always embraced both reason and faith."
-Dinesh D'Souza

"Stop listening to John Lennon and start listening to John Lennox! What about a world without the atheists? A word with no Stalin, no Mao, no Pol Pot? A world with no Gulag, no Cultural Revolution, no Killing Fields? Wouldn't that be a world worth dreaming about?"
-John Lennox
Tina
Established Member
Sex: Female

Post by Tina »

I think it's pretty sad, because I was bored one day as well, but all I typed in was "God" and that website was second in the search. In fact when I found it, I posted a link on this website asking people what they thought, not too long ago. It's just...sad..because some people almost drool over those reasons and try to disprove GOD with them, even though most can be proved false easily.
"Love others as I have loved you." -Jesus Christ