Please Introduce Yourself Here

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Murray
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Please Introduce Yourself Here

Post by Murray »

Hi,

Im Murray! :D
in nomine patri et fili spiritu sancte
zoegirl
Old School
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by zoegirl »

Hi Murray!

Welcome to the forum
"And we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Jesus Christ"
Cat93
Newbie Member

Post by Cat93 »

Hi I'm Cat93. I've been raised as a Christian my whole life. Just recently, I started having doubts because so many people say that there is no evidence for God and that Christian faith is irrational. However, over the past month I have done loads of research, all of which have strengthened my faith considerably. I am really interested in apologetics, and I am looking forward to good discussions :)
Silverfang
Acquainted Member

Post by Silverfang »

Hey I'm Silverfang, I'm here to learn the truth. And am going to be posting a topic asking a very important question for myself. See you around
Revelations2reveal
Newbie Member

Thank you so much!

Post by Revelations2reveal »

Hello, my real name is Ginger.I'm 23 and a mother of two little girls and currently working at Starbucks... I have just a applied to college and hopefully will be taking classes this fall and I am very excited about going back to school. My career choice is Criminal Justice.

I dont have a church because I haven't found one that really believes the way I do, but I am a strong Christian, my fiance and I study the bible everyday and try to carry our lifes the way God instructed us to. My fiance has been dedicated to the bible a lot longer then I have. He has probably read well over 15 books chapter by chapter verse by verse and I have only read perhaps 3. I know Genesis, Matthew and Revelations rather well. Revelations is my all time favorite. I plans to read Mark and Ezekiel next.

Since I do not have a church to go I listen to a pastor named Arnold Murray that I find veiws the same feelings as I do. If you have not heard of him I'd strongly urge you to look him up. He is a very well rounded man who you will find reads the bible very differently then most, but has never been proven wrong and EVEN BETTER, it all makes sense ;)

I am so happy to have found this website! It's on my FAVORITE list forever. I was going crazy not having anyone to talk to about such an amazing book. THANK YOU FOR YOUR WARM WELCOMES!!! GOD BLESS!
zoegirl
Old School

Post by zoegirl »

Cat93 wrote:Hi I'm Cat93. I've been raised as a Christian my whole life. Just recently, I started having doubts because so many people say that there is no evidence for God and that Christian faith is irrational. However, over the past month I have done loads of research, all of which have strengthened my faith considerably. I am really interested in apologetics, and I am looking forward to good discussions :)

Welcome !!!
"And we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Jesus Christ"
SonofAletheia
Recognized Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by SonofAletheia »

Hey guys. I just recently found this website and am really enjoying it. I look forward to talking/discussing/debating with you all :)
I found this website because I am really interested in finding truth, and yes I do believe in objective truth. Im 20 years old and just recently started really questioning my Christian beliefs. I was raised a Christian from since I was about 2 years old so its always been in my life. My parents were never really serious or passionate about their faith (not trying to judge or assume anything). We never had weekly Bible studies, we did not always pray before meals, we went to Church only 2-3 times a week. We were what you could call "Christian on Sunday, non-believer Monday-Sat". So our families faith was somewhat lazy, if you will. I'm not saying my family is not saved, because they are. They all believe in Jesus Christ' and His finished work on the Cross. They believe that Christ died and rose again the third day for our sins and we need to only believe that to obtain salvation. But I was never encouraged to really challenge my beliefs or what I stand for.
It all started when I met with some Jehovah's Witnesses weekly for a few months. A friend and I met with them and it really was a life changing experience. They denied the trinity and faith alone salvation as you probably know. It was shocking because they had their "reasons" and verses to back up what they were saying. For the first time I was not being told what to believe in the comfort of my family or church. From then on I really stared looking into issues like the Trinity, and faith alone vs faith+works, Bible translation etc. And I tried to take an objective stance where I viewed both issues as potential truths. Eventually I came across Atheism and I saw a view that rejected something that I always had assumed was true: Belief in God. So right now in my life Im looking for truth concerning the existence of God. Belief or non-belief in God seems to me to be the first major question in life that everyone must answer. Being raised a Christian I would say Im quite bias towards believing in God and at this point I would say I do believe in God but I want to find truth, not what I want to believe.

Well that was quite a ramble haha. So now I have a quesiton for all you experts :ebiggrin: What are some of the best books out there arguing for a Creator/God/Intelligent Designer? Im reading "The Reason for God" by TImothy Keller right now and I just finished "A Case for the Existence of God" by Dean Overman and both are excellent books. I've read "Mere Christianity" by C.S. Lewis a few years ago and plan on reading it again soon and my next book will probably be "Modern Physics and Ancient Faith" by Stephen Barr. But I would appreciate some suggestions.

Justin
I do not feel obliged to believe that same God who endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect had intended for us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
What comes into our minds when we think about God, is the most important thing about us.
-A.W. Tozer
Murray
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Murray »

we went to Church only 2-3 times a week
Generally I only go 1 or 2 times at max a week so your well ahead of the game :ewink:

welcome to the forum btw, Best place on the internet for a variety of view points of a large variety of subjects.

Hope you enjoy it :mrgreen:
in nomine patri et fili spiritu sancte
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

So now I have a quesiton for all you experts What are some of the best books out there arguing for a Creator/God/Intelligent Designer? Im reading "The Reason for God" by TImothy Keller right now and I just finished "A Case for the Existence of God" by Dean Overman and both are excellent books. I've read "Mere Christianity" by C.S. Lewis a few years ago and plan on reading it again soon and my next book will probably be "Modern Physics and Ancient Faith" by Stephen Barr. But I would appreciate some suggestions.

Justin
Hey Justin, try reading the "Language of God" by Francis Collins, Head of the Human Genome Project, a scientist and a christian apologist.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

Generally I only go 1 or 2 times at max a week so your well ahead of the game

welcome to the forum btw, Best place on the internet for a variety of view points of a large variety of subjects.

Hope you enjoy it
Lol, I used to go to church 6 days a week...they still kicked me out though :lol:
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if

without.

Reactionary

Post by Reactionary »

neo-x wrote:Hey Justin, try reading the "Language of God" by Francis Collins, Head of the Human Genome Project, a scientist and a christian apologist.
No offense, Neo, just giving opinions... I wouldn't recommend the Language of God personally. It's a good testimony from a scientist, but other than that, I don't find it particularly useful. In my opinion, it's just an attempt to reconcile Christianity with naturalistic evolution. In fact, while I was reading it, if I didn't know the title of the book, I would seriously question which view the author was actually representing.

Sorry, but when an author says that creationism is "when faith overcomes science" (not YEC specifically, but ANY type of creation), at the same time calling himself a Christian, I see a huge and dangerous contradiction. We were created by God, we didn't evolve from pond scum, as the author seems to be suggesting.
"Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and then turn and tear you to pieces." Matthew 7:6

"For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse." Romans 1:20

--Reactionary
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

neo-x wrote:
Hey Justin, try reading the "Language of God" by Francis Collins, Head of the Human Genome Project, a scientist and a christian apologist.

No offense, Neo, just giving opinions... I wouldn't recommend the Language of God personally. It's a good testimony from a scientist, but other than that, I don't find it particularly useful. In my opinion, it's just an attempt to reconcile Christianity with naturalistic evolution. In fact, while I was reading it, if I didn't know the title of the book, I would seriously question which view the author was actually representing.

Sorry, but when an author says that creationism is "when faith overcomes science" (not YEC specifically, but ANY type of creation), at the same time calling himself a Christian, I see a huge and dangerous contradiction. We were created by God, we didn't evolve from pond scum, as the author seems to be suggesting.
None taken brother. I wouldn't recommend that book for faith sake either. Just that Justin wanted to read books on that subject and of course Francis Collins is a lead scientists and a christian apologist, so I gave him the name. Personally, Mere Christianity is a great book and one of my favorites, because it is written almost in a manner which is close to evangelism, or at least that what I think.

without.

ARG1982
Newbie Member
Christian: No

Post by ARG1982 »

My name is Anthony and I am from New York. I am a culturally a Catholic Christian, but have become a deist as far as my actual theological beliefs. Please note that I prefer the word "theological" over "religious." I have recently been reading a lot of what I call non-fiction science books (by Kenneth R. Miller, Richard Dawkins and others), especially ones which relate to the relationship between science and theology. I was a registered member of the Atheist Network before it closed down and actually became respected there. I hope to learn some new things here.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

Hi ARG1982
Welcome to the site, i hope you find what you are searching for.

Daniel
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
Big Al
Newbie Member

Post by Big Al »

Hello. I'm glad I found this useful site and I'm glad it has forums like these because on yahoo answers the atheists and Christians just go at each other all the time. Here we are all at peace. :)