NDEs and visions regarding the End Times

Discussions on Christian eschatology including different views pertaining to Jesus' second coming, rapture and tribulation, the millennium, and so forth.
madscientist
Valued Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

NDEs and visions regarding the End Times

Post by madscientist »

It's been a while since i posted in forums, but i think this may be of some interest...

We've been aware how things have gone in the past, various prophercies about the "End times" and so on. i been looking into various NDEs and visions as ET prophecies... there's however 1 book I'd like to point out - i've almost read it all, just 1 chapter to go. i'd say it's encouraging in that it is spiritual, offers a slightly different approach to life's mission; nevertheless, it also focuses on the way the world looks like today and what can be done...

The book's called FAST LANE TO HEAVEN by Ned Dougherty. while out of body he saw a film of his life, visited heaven with some deceased relatives & friends, and received various revelations. It could be argued his mission in life was to warn people of the various things happening in the world and do something about it... think it's a book worth reading because it shows how one's life gets transformed, but also, it shows how the struggles still continue and how 1 must go on and seek God to fulfill our mission in life...
A quotation I'd like to pick out which is relevant to the topic is this one:

"I was told that the world could be saved, not by its leaders, but by prayer groups throughout the world. I was told that the prayers of a group of 20 could save a nation from war. I was told that the fate of mankind rested on our ability, individually and collectively, to change the direction of manking in accordance with God's plan".
In addition, he was told that "wars were not part of God's plan", that the world's way of living is not at level that is pleasing to God (mainly referring to USA, but in my opinion this can be generalized to humanity in general), and that "time is running out" (this was in 1985 by Archangel Michael). Since then Ned has been receiving visions regarding the End Times, e.g.

http://www.endtimesdaily.com/_webapp_38 ... vine_Mercy

Moreover, he was shown various things which had happened (some events on the East Coast), and the Earth's axis shifting (that's been predicted by quite a few people e.g. Edgar Cayce!!).

For a basic outline of things I had read before that may be a good starting point, see the link below.

http://www.near-death.com/experiences/research32.html

Well, i feel that since i'd been presented with this, then i should try and pass it on, so that something can be done... should we form some prayer groups and pray for specific things? Something should be done... the things happening in the world today are not that nice.

If you feel a "sense of mission", it may be worth checking out his website: http://www.fastlanetoheaven.com - perhaps take part in "The Mission of Angels Foundation".

God bless,

MS
"Love is only possible if a choice of either love or rejecting the love is given." One of the most true things id ever heard, not so long ago.

-MMS-
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Re: NDEs and visions regarding the End Times

Post by B. W. »

Thanks for posting this.

I do not know much about Ned so I can’t say one way or another regarding you post.

I am familiar with some of the people on the website you mentioned but would caution readers to seek the Lord and the bible on these matters. The NDE is a profoundly intense experience, which can, after a person returns, affect a person greatly in various ways. Much of what is seen, felt, smelled, heard, is way too difficult to place easily into human words. I look over Ned’s writing on end times and what he wrote would fit more with the entire world system.

I can vouch that ‘after death survivors'often bring back messages concerning repentance, change of heart, direction – also you are affected by a profound love and realize how in this mortal life, we reject, test, tease such love and seek to exploit it for self gain. I have stated this often on the Forum as an example of this.

Jesus and the inspired words of the bible all state that we are to learn to love God foremost and so we can love one another. How I define agape love is this: Love that cherishes, builds up, nurtures, edifies, trains, and equips in the most honest truth filled manner. Sadly, we in the Christian church do not do this very well. Some groups are better than others at loving God and others, but we all need improvement.

Maybe it is because we do not apply the right understanding about (agape) Love to God and to others and instead twist such love to suit our pride in having God subservient to us – I do not know precisely but that is how I see it now. If we but learn to love God by realizing how much he loves with a love that cherishes, builds up, nurtures, edifies, chastens, trains, and equips in the most honest truth filled manner. Maybe we can really effect a change in the world, where we are at.

The Bible does state that in the last days, people will twist the truth, become lovers of self more than God, crept in to deceive (Jude 1:4 – 2 Peter 3:3,4, 11, 13, 14c - 2 Peter 2:1-22) so is there a possible change in outcome to these events mentioned in the bible? The answer is NO. However, like the testimony of Nineveh in Jonah’s time, events can be delayed as Jeremiah 18:6, 7, 8, 9, 10c testifies to the ways of the Lord.

God is not a slave to our free will, he must violate it in order for anyone can become born again. God instead is all powerful enough and perfectly just enough to work thru our free will without behaving unjustly to what he gave us – ability to independently excise moral reasoning.

Look at the next verse from the ERV and look at it in a Hebrew word study too. My opinion is that the ERV captures the essence of the translation more correctly than do other English translations.

Hosea 8:4 – The Israelites chose their kings, but they didn't come to me for advice. They chose leaders, but they didn't choose men I knew. The Israelites used their silver and gold to make idols for themselves, so they will be destroyed. ERV

Do you hear and see the principle being taught here? God will allow us to choose our leaders. The proper way to chose a leader is to go to the Lord himself for advice in prayer and reflection, to see if the leader is someone God’s knows as his own. No matter the course taken, choice chosen, God will work through all things in the most perfect of ways, because He knows all things.

None of us can stop God’s hand and final course. It is possible to delay (Jeremiah 18:6, 7, 8, 9c), but the final outcome cannot be averted – there will be a new heavens and earth (meaning Heaven and Earth united with God again and evil removed, love reigning supremely). Choose whom you’ll obey is a right God grants angels and men (human beings) for if God denies this right, how could he really be absolutely just in all his ways?

Again, my opinion on NDE prophecies is that you must seek the bible on these matters and use that as the measure of truth and go before the Lord and ask, seek and knock if these things be true, partially true, or untrue or lead to untruth and false hope. The Lord does test, refine, those he declares righteous.

Being a NDE survivor, I can verify that the message is about first loving cherishing, building up, nurturing, edifing a relationship with God because he, God, first loved (cherishes, builds up, nurtures, edifies us as shown by the life of Jesus Christ leading to the Cross, and on the Cross, and after the Cross), then him working with you and in you, living a repentant life, how to better reflect agape love that cherishes, builds up, nurtures, edifies, trains, and equips others in a most honest truth filled manner. With that, you can make the Philadelphian Church a reality wherever you live.

Imposters, fakes, profane people, will increase and they’ll deny the Lord in the last days. We cannot stop that, let us look to the Lord and become transformed and choose Christ as our Leader and forsake inward idolizing…
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
madscientist
Valued Member

Post by madscientist »

So i can assume you're somewhat skeptical with regards to these things? Yes... in fact unconditional love is the most important attribute of NDEs many claim, they come back changed because they realize that's what matters most.

And as for the propecies- well yes, that's the point; Ned was told that these events can be delayed or even cancelled if people change their ways - so, nothing unbiblical with regards to this.

What i wanted to do here however is to spread this and bring awareness to this that we can do something. yes i do look at NDEs for insipration, as many NDErs come back changed and the aftereffects are similar- more positive, loving, selfless, focused people - and believing life is eternal, and that life has a meaning, and we all have a mission in life while here in Earth...

Hoping we can do something via forums etc - we can spread the info, make people aware of it. Of course, thats just 1 thing - we also need people to change their ways individually, but perhaps praying for disasters to stop or be delayed and for conversion of countries to God? Ned was also told that we should pray for China; that "conversion of China is necessary for the salvation of the world" or sthg like that (dont have the book with me atm). So yeah... think the more people know about it and can do something about it (spread it & pray) the better 8)

And besides, many things Ned & others have prophesized regarding the End Times have come true... so, shouldn't that point towards them being from God?
"Love is only possible if a choice of either love or rejecting the love is given." One of the most true things id ever heard, not so long ago.

-MMS-
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

hey madscientist,
we also need people to change their ways individually, but perhaps praying for disasters to stop or be delayed and for conversion of countries to God? Ned was also told that we should pray for China; that "conversion of China is necessary for the salvation of the world" or sthg like that (dont have the book with me atm). So yeah... think the more people know about it and can do something about it (spread it & pray) the better
Honestly, everyone knows that china should be saved, that's almost a billion people we are talking about here.
And besides, many things Ned & others have prophesized regarding the End Times have come true... so, shouldn't that point towards them being from God?
Could you please elaborate as to what prophecies are you referring to.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

madscientist wrote:So i can assume you're somewhat skeptical with regards to these things? Yes... in fact unconditional love is the most important attribute of NDEs many claim, they come back changed because they realize that's what matters most...
I am skeptical of many due to the nature of always defining God’s love only as unconditional. Are people aware of 1 Timothy 4:1c? There are seducing entities out there that do counterfeit love deceiving people with the memorizing tick of, all is well, all is well, all is well.

Adults, who as children, had NDE an experience come back and retain what they felt and saw. Yes, they encountered God and felt profound love because for such belongs the Kingdom of God. Then as adults, they lost sight of the grace shown to a child and end up with new age ideations and philosophy giving heed to seducing spirits taking advantage of what was once felt during an NDE. I spoke with several people like this before. Are they good people? Outwardly they appear so but inwardly, no one is. Do good works earn one’s own salvation?

Many adults who had NDE’s report of such overwhelming love either in the void, as they approach a light, encounter a being, and/or then are resituated back to mortal life. So they come back and interpret the experience as best they can. This can give seducing spirits opportunity to exploit such individuals to tell all with that memorizing tick, all is well.

Yes God’s love is profound beyond description. It affects a person profoundly but did you not know that such love also judges a person? How? By uncovering how a person actually treats love - God’s love, how one exploits it, manipulates it, uses it, and would continue to do so unless changed by God’s hand. It is that aspect that appears missing from so many NDE experiences.

How can God judge the world righteously, justly, with impartiality, with perfect justice without love that exposes the true intent and secrets of a person’s own heart to an individual? God’s love, due to God’s own nature, judges, test, uncovers truth, manifest truth, and this truth is that human beings fell into rebellion’s sin. Rebellion’s sin seeks to supplant God by having God bow to human will, feelings, emotions by pitting God’s own nature to love against itself so that God abdicates His throne to man’s rule and dictations.

You hear this taunting by many people who had NDE’s: God’s unconditional love lets all into heaven’s bliss (universalism), I can’t love a God, or stand to think a loving God sending anyone to a place called hell (can’t accept that), God must avoid causing eternal affliction because he is so loving, God’s love is all warm and fuzzy (everyone gets a lollipop). You often hear such people proclaim: We are all God’s children.

If this is so, then why does the bible tell that there are children of the devil (1 John 3:10, Mat 13:38) and children of God? If this is so, why does the bible make so much about human beings as being children of wrath (Eph 2:3 – Col 3:6) with a deceitful heart Jer 17:9, 10c? Why does the truth declare that we become adopted as God’s children through God’s own work of adopting us as his, not our earning it (Rom 8:15, Gal 4:5, Eph 1:5c)? Because it is by God’s own work on the Cross and Resurrection is how anyone can become an adopted child (John 3:33) of God transformed out from being who they really are: a child of the wicked one awaiting the wrath of love abused (John 3:36c)

Such ideas, suggestion, seduce people into thinking God’s love will not judge them in such manner to expose how they seek to manipulate a loving God to submitting to their will. That is what is missing from so many NDE’s that are so new age-ish.

Yes, the NDE is a profoundly intense experience that can affect people in a positive manner but so can a seducing spirit do so interpreting the experience to such a person order to lull other people into sleeping shortsightedness to what they really are doing – demanding God behave according to human will.

God’s love exposes this and helps people live a repentant life, teaching us through His grace alone, that we need to change and the only way we can change (repent) is by Him working within, daily transforming us out of darkness into his marvelous light. Love refines, test the soul, transforms it away from seeking to have God bend to human will, arguments, debate, into someone who loves God for God alone and not what one can get out of him.

So I am skeptical of NDE’s that tout all is well. That teaches that God bows to human agency. That does not have the firm and fair agape of God portrayed that reveals that God does not bow to us but instead we bow to God (Romans 14:11, Isaiah 45:23c, Philippians 2:10). That’s the only way rebellion in the heart that seeks to exploit/manipulate God, is done away with – by Christ at work in us, the hope of glory…shaping and transforming us out of darkness into His marvelous light.
-
-
-
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
jzahill
Newbie Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by jzahill »

Wow, BW! That was very well said. My niece (18 years old) went into renal failure in October and had a NDE. She told us that she saw a man with a beard in the brightest room she has ever seen. She could not make out the man's face but she said she felt more love than she has ever felt while in his presence. The man (she said she somehow knew he was Jesus) asked her if she was ready without speaking. She said (without speaking) that she was not and that she wanted to go and tell her friends that Jesus is real. She said she was immediately back in her body and heard a nurse say, "She's back." I went to see her when she got out of ICU and as soon as I walked in her room she told me about the experience. I have never heard her speak with such passion. She told me she wanted to give her testimony at church. For the next few weeks, she was unable to attend due to her health, but finally made it the Sunday after Thanksgiving. She gave her testimony and many young people were saved. The next Sunday, she was admitted to the hospital and went to her home in heaven on Monday, Dec. 6th. I find much comfort in her account, but I am skeptical of accounts that conflict with the Word of God. IMO, many of the accounts are of God, and many come straight from the pit of hell. Everyone will not make it to heaven, and there is/will be accountability for our actions on earth. Thanks again for such a great post.
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

jzahill wrote:Wow, BW! That was very well said. My niece (18 years old) went into renal failure in October and had a NDE. She told us that she saw a man with a beard in the brightest room she has ever seen. She could not make out the man's face but she said she felt more love than she has ever felt while in his presence. The man (she said she somehow knew he was Jesus) asked her if she was ready without speaking. She said (without speaking) that she was not and that she wanted to go and tell her friends that Jesus is real. She said she was immediately back in her body and heard a nurse say, "She's back." I went to see her when she got out of ICU and as soon as I walked in her room she told me about the experience. I have never heard her speak with such passion. She told me she wanted to give her testimony at church. For the next few weeks, she was unable to attend due to her health, but finally made it the Sunday after Thanksgiving. She gave her testimony and many young people were saved. The next Sunday, she was admitted to the hospital and went to her home in heaven on Monday, Dec. 6th. I find much comfort in her account, but I am skeptical of accounts that conflict with the Word of God. IMO, many of the accounts are of God, and many come straight from the pit of hell. Everyone will not make it to heaven, and there is/will be accountability for our actions on earth. Thanks again for such a great post.
I would like to hear het testimony, is there a recording?

She is in heaven now so please do not be sad and I am so glad she was permitted to share and affect people for Christ!

B Blest!
-
-
-
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
jzahill
Newbie Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by jzahill »

You can find her testimony on YouTube by searching "New Destiny Ana's Testimony". Occasionally I am sad about her physical death just because I miss her so much, but I know that she is experiencing a life that I couldn't even conceive of in my natural mind. I know she is glad to finally be pain free and whole. :)
madscientist
Valued Member

Post by madscientist »

Sorry for having taken so long for this, so...

Looks like you guys think some NDEs can be coming from bad spirits, mainly those optimistic ones and saying we are God's children etc...
neo-x wrote:Could you please elaborate as to what prophecies are you referring to.
Ok... the prophecies he was given are summed in the penultimate chapter of book, they are:
1. events of aggression, war, terrorism performed by self-proclaimed radical groups, supposedly in the name of God. part of it was fulfilled when Israeli PM Minister Yitzhak was murdered - Ned spoke it on 4 Aug 1995, before he was killed.
2. other sorts of aggressions, wars, e.g. Middle East, Africa etc, again by fanatical terrorist organizations, using God & religion "as a cover to enforce their diabolical plans to ferment political turmoil and to enslave and control others" (p. 252). + rumors of wars spreading from middle east to Africa & Europe & then former soviet union countries.
3. threat to global peace & preservation coming from China, which is preparing for global war & dominion; referred in book of revelation as "army of 200-million". Ned was told: "pray for the conversion of China. the conversion of China to God is necessary for the salvation of the world".
4. "However, a major terrorist attack may befall New York City or Washington, D.C., severely impacting the way we live in the US"- huh...? dont we all remember 9/11? Ned published this before it even happened...
5. Western hemisphere plagued by natural disasters, unreasonable weather patterns, storms, droughts etc, hurricanes and so on.
6. financial & banking institutions collapse, US thrown into political economic & social chaos.
7. US govt fail to meet its financial obligations as a result of its national debt. US lose ability to wage war leaving it vulnerable to attack by foregin troops.
8. "New world order"-n supposedly for benefit of humanity but actually motivated by their greed for material wealth & power, trying to create secular & materialistic world devoid of individual freedoms.
9. shifting of Earth's axis.
10. shift in location of populated areas. coastal & low-lying areas (unstable) to diminish in population. mountainous & other stable areas more desirable. spiritually-minded people will be drawn together to create new self-supporting & self-sustaining communities. These will be architects for brave new worrld that God has envisioned for the future.

These have already started takiung place to some extent... following this, the future is meant to be :
1. global spiritual awakening
2. protective mantle upon Earth (Joel 2:28)
3. miracles & healings
4. cataclysmic events- may be altered, postponed or cancelled.

As for BW's post- the judging. Actually, NDEs dont tell us we dont get judged. they actually say that after "death", we'll face the "inevitable"- i.e. life review, where we'll have to give an accont of our lives, where every action, thought, deed, desire will be uncovered... however, some believe this is done by us, where we are the judge. Doesnt the Bible say we are judged according to standards we use on others? So, it may look as if in the end- the same will be used "against" us if you will.
However, many believe it is not to condemn us but to "make us learn, enlighten, and correct on the right path". this applies to NDEs if 1 is able to come back, but once 1 has died for good? dont know...
jzahill wrote:You can find her testimony on YouTube by searching "New Destiny Ana's Testimony". Occasionally I am sad about her physical death just because I miss her so much, but I know that she is experiencing a life that I couldn't even conceive of in my natural mind. I know she is glad to finally be pain free and whole. :)
Nice! havent seen it myself i admit but definitely sharing... there are some places like IANDS or other ones, who'd surely like to hear her account to add to their archive :)

I am aware that some NDEs seem "un-biblical" from some point of view, but then again how do we know the "actual" Bible interpretation? that there are contradictions? actually you should read 1 amazing NDE from Howard Storm. see link below...

http://www.near-death.com/experiences/storm01.html

Thats part 1, it comes in 4 parts. truly... this guy did go to hell, then got drawn back. he spoke to some "beings" (angels?), asking about the Bible, told that "it contains spiritual truth". He was equally told that "the best religion is the one that brings you closest to God"- a bit... against the general idea that christianity is "best" and "the only truth" and so on. its up to you guys what you think of it all, but definitely worth reading...

God bless.

-MMS-
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

madscientist wrote:Sorry for having taken so long for this, so...

Looks like you guys think some NDEs can be coming from bad spirits, mainly those optimistic ones and saying we are God's children etc...
neo-x wrote:Could you please elaborate as to what prophecies are you referring to.
Ok... the prophecies he was given are summed in the penultimate chapter of book, they are:
1. events of aggression, war, terrorism performed by self-proclaimed radical groups, supposedly in the name of God. part of it was fulfilled when Israeli PM Minister Yitzhak was murdered - Ned spoke it on 4 Aug 1995, before he was killed.
2. other sorts of aggressions, wars, e.g. Middle East, Africa etc, again by fanatical terrorist organizations, using God & religion "as a cover to enforce their diabolical plans to ferment political turmoil and to enslave and control others" (p. 252). + rumors of wars spreading from middle east to Africa & Europe & then former soviet union countries.
3. threat to global peace & preservation coming from China, which is preparing for global war & dominion; referred in book of revelation as "army of 200-million". Ned was told: "pray for the conversion of China. the conversion of China to God is necessary for the salvation of the world".
4. "However, a major terrorist attack may befall New York City or Washington, D.C., severely impacting the way we live in the US"- huh...? dont we all remember 9/11? Ned published this before it even happened...
5. Western hemisphere plagued by natural disasters, unreasonable weather patterns, storms, droughts etc, hurricanes and so on.
6. financial & banking institutions collapse, US thrown into political economic & social chaos.
7. US govt fail to meet its financial obligations as a result of its national debt. US lose ability to wage war leaving it vulnerable to attack by foregin troops.
8. "New world order"-n supposedly for benefit of humanity but actually motivated by their greed for material wealth & power, trying to create secular & materialistic world devoid of individual freedoms.
9. shifting of Earth's axis.
10. shift in location of populated areas. coastal & low-lying areas (unstable) to diminish in population. mountainous & other stable areas more desirable. spiritually-minded people will be drawn together to create new self-supporting & self-sustaining communities. These will be architects for brave new worrld that God has envisioned for the future.

These have already started takiung place to some extent... following this, the future is meant to be :
1. global spiritual awakening
2. protective mantle upon Earth (Joel 2:28)
3. miracles & healings
4. cataclysmic events- may be altered, postponed or cancelled.

As for BW's post- the judging. Actually, NDEs dont tell us we dont get judged. they actually say that after "death", we'll face the "inevitable"- i.e. life review, where we'll have to give an accont of our lives, where every action, thought, deed, desire will be uncovered... however, some believe this is done by us, where we are the judge. Doesnt the Bible say we are judged according to standards we use on others? So, it may look as if in the end- the same will be used "against" us if you will.
However, many believe it is not to condemn us but to "make us learn, enlighten, and correct on the right path". this applies to NDEs if 1 is able to come back, but once 1 has died for good? dont know...
jzahill wrote:You can find her testimony on YouTube by searching "New Destiny Ana's Testimony". Occasionally I am sad about her physical death just because I miss her so much, but I know that she is experiencing a life that I couldn't even conceive of in my natural mind. I know she is glad to finally be pain free and whole. :)
Nice! havent seen it myself i admit but definitely sharing... there are some places like IANDS or other ones, who'd surely like to hear her account to add to their archive :)

I am aware that some NDEs seem "un-biblical" from some point of view, but then again how do we know the "actual" Bible interpretation? that there are contradictions? actually you should read 1 amazing NDE from Howard Storm. see link below...

http://www.near-death.com/experiences/storm01.html

Thats part 1, it comes in 4 parts. truly... this guy did go to hell, then got drawn back. he spoke to some "beings" (angels?), asking about the Bible, told that "it contains spiritual truth". He was equally told that "the best religion is the one that brings you closest to God"- a bit... against the general idea that christianity is "best" and "the only truth" and so on. its up to you guys what you think of it all, but definitely worth reading...

God bless.
Regarding the beings of light and not Storm himself...

2 Co 11:14, "And no wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light. 15 So it is no surprise if his servants, also, disguise themselves as servants of righteousness. Their end will correspond to their deeds."

I would be cautious about what Storm says about these beings of light. There are far more wicked countries in the world than the USA that exploit. A Neo-Marxist-social Justice ideology imbedded in a prophecy for one country alone does not at all jive with the entire book of Revelation or end time prophecy.

For me, the giveaway is the beings statement that – any religion that leads to God is right… contradicts their claims about what they said about the bible. Especially if the bible is right and true as they stated, then would not John 14:6 likewise be true? If true, then how could any religion that leads to God be also true in light of Jesus’ recorded words?

I am not judging Storm in a negative way, nor do I discount his after death experience. I am cautious about it. My personal opinion on this matter (for what it is worth) is that Strom never left Hell and resided within a cube like cell there where the illusion of heaven and beings of light spoke to him before his return. Such is the nature of that place and the deceptive nature of the beings one meets there.
-
-
-
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
madscientist
Valued Member

Post by madscientist »

B. W. wrote:I would be cautious about what Storm says about these beings of light. There are far more wicked countries in the world than the USA that exploit. A Neo-Marxist-social Justice ideology imbedded in a prophecy for one country alone does not at all jive with the entire book of Revelation or end time prophecy.
Well i think the point is, since Ned is American then the prophecies he was given mainly refer to his own country, thats it. There are surely other prophecies given to other people as well. Besides, Ned was also given ones about other parts of the world, but they were perhaps focused most on the US due to his nationality (my opinion).
B. W. wrote:For me, the giveaway is the beings statement that – any religion that leads to God is right… contradicts their claims about what they said about the bible. Especially if the bible is right and true as they stated, then would not John 14:6 likewise be true? If true, then how could any religion that leads to God be also true in light of Jesus’ recorded words?
Good point :econfused: well, but I believe it doesnt end there. It's also necessary to do good deeds, because "faith is justified by works", and really, live the faith. contradicts? again I'd say that depends on what one says. As for Jn 14:6 - some see it as that after death, we are ALL judged in Jesus' presence - actually, if you look at that website I'd got Storm's NDE from, some explain it differently than what the majority of Christians take it to be, I think.
If a religion leads one closest to God - well, perhaps the idea is that, it's the inner part of the person that matters most, his heart, not whether he identifies himself as this or that.
B. W. wrote:I am not judging Storm in a negative way, nor do I discount his after death experience. I am cautious about it. My personal opinion on this matter (for what it is worth) is that Strom never left Hell and resided within a cube like cell there where the illusion of heaven and beings of light spoke to him before his return. Such is the nature of that place and the deceptive nature of the beings one meets there.
Interesting... but he says he called to Jesus and then he got pulled out of there... in addition, he could tell which beings were evil and which ones were good - exactly by their deeds. Do you really believe that the evil ones would pretend to be the good ones, leading him astray? Why would then they equally tell him about the nature of unconditional love and so on? a sdtriking thing about NDEs is that - somehow many claim the most important thing is neither religion 1 identifies with, neither outward expressions of worshipping God, but whats inside - i.e. UNCONDITIONAL LOVE. Perhaps bit simplistic, but why would evil beings say that this is the most important? Why would they also tell him that the Bible is true, rather than it is a bunch of nonsense? If they were truly evil, then they'd try to deceive him by telling him it's nonsense, false, etc. - my opinion. :esmile:
Of course, there often seem to be "contradictions" between a traditional understanding of the Bible as such and what people learn from various revelations given in NDEs...

-MMS-