Osama Bin Laden Killed

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
FearlessLlearsy
Established Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Re: Osama Bin Laden Killed

Post by FearlessLlearsy »

I agree with you, CeT

the Americans fastforwarded his way to Hell, who knows? Years of Solitary confinement could have sparked something in that brain,
Well, to late for that
Live a life with no FEAR, for the battle is already won. The Devil and his minions only cry in agonizing pain, realizing the victory is OURS.
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

there was nothing to implicate him "legally", there was no concrete evidence present from a tactical legislative point of view. Presenting osama in a court of law would have unpredictable consequences from a legal pov (although i think it would be the same as the Nuremberg trails). I think they just spared themselves the trouble, esp given the fact that he was unarmed when shot, meant they never planned to take him alive.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
FearlessLlearsy
Established Member

Post by FearlessLlearsy »

True, they never had plans to take him alive, lol
Live a life with no FEAR, for the battle is already won. The Devil and his minions only cry in agonizing pain, realizing the victory is OURS.
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

lol, not to mention that if indeed he would have been dragged into a legal court, a lot of dirt into his past would have blown up, including why america had created the mujhadeen in the first place, gave them immense money and firepower and then they went rogue after the cold war. It was just too much to handle.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if

without.

DannyM
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by DannyM »

neo-x wrote:not to mention that if indeed he would have been dragged into a legal court, a lot of dirt into his past would have blown up, including why america had created the mujhadeen in the first place, gave them immense money and firepower and then they went rogue after the cold war. It was just too much to handle.
Good points. Not to mention the potential circus that could ensue if Laden became an 'imprisoned martyr.' Also, the idea that Laden being given time might spark a period of self-reflection I find a little wishful and naive.
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

Good points. Not to mention the potential circus that could ensue if Laden became an 'imprisoned martyr.' Also, the idea that Laden being given time might spark a period of self-reflection I find a little wishful and naive.
Agreed, Osama was CIA's dirty secret, which when got exposed, was never owned. In his speech Obama said that this war was not theirs to start, that it was carried to their shores. that is just so plain wrong. They had created it to bring down USSR from Afghanistan, break the soviet block and they succeeded but when you dig a pit for others you often fall in the same trap, it backfired, and that is what happened here - I think CIA never imagined that these illiterate pushtuns and pathans, the Afghanis would be able to cross seven seas and harm them. It was safe, so they never regulated, never checked. Once the American govt's mission was complete they never even looked back to see who was given what and what would they do with it once its over? since it was no way going to come to them. When you give missiles to people who don't even have a railroad in their country and they have never seen a swimming pool, what do you expect???
They gave birth to Taliban and then became free of any responsibility. WAR ON TERROR, it was actually, WE SCREWED UP - LETS FIX IT war and that resulted in a lot of loyal troops dying for it, millions got homeless, civilian casualties, the counter terrorists attacks. Blunder and blunder. Keep it out, no justice, no trial, no courts, just kill the dirty little secret before it causes anymore harm.

without.