Saudi Arabia next?

Discussions on Christian eschatology including different views pertaining to Jesus' second coming, rapture and tribulation, the millennium, and so forth.
Gman
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Saudi Arabia next?

Post by Gman »

There is some talk (by a prophet) that Saudi Arabia could be the next country to fall to this democracy.. If so it could cause economic turmoil here in the states.
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
Canuckster1127
Old School
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: Saudi Arabia next?

Post by Canuckster1127 »

We're only in favor of democracy for others when it's economically convenient and doesn't have any short or mid-term impact upon us?
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
Kristoffer
Valued Member
Christian: No

Post by Kristoffer »

America should fall to the democracy :lol: Its run to much by money and corporations.
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

I'm just getting a feeling that something bad is going to happen in the next few months.. Don't know why.

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
Canuckster1127
Old School

Post by Canuckster1127 »

There's no doubt that there's a lot of unrest and things in that area of the world have a tendency to impact the rest of the world in a big way. It's already got my attention when I fill up my tank. That said, when Communism fell there was a lot of this going on and similar fears as to what could happen. I don't know what's going to ultimately happen.
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
Telstra Robs
Established Member

Post by Telstra Robs »

Our brothers and sisters in Saudi Arabia are among the most persecuted in the world. There are no churches in Saudi Arabia, despite there being a large foreign worker community (e.g. 1.3m Filipinos work in the country, 90% of whom are allegedly Christian). You cannot become a citizen of Saudi Arabia unless you are a Muslim. Converts from the strict Wahhabi Sunni faith are executed (this includes converts to other Muslim denominations, such as Shia Islam). It is also alleged that 50 "Call and Guidance" centers employing 500 people operate around the country with the purpose of converting foreign workers to Islam, while proselytizing by non Muslims is illegal.

I believe that any change, even to a constitutional monarchy (from the current absolute monarchy) will be positive.
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Telstra Robs wrote:Our brothers and sisters in Saudi Arabia are among the most persecuted in the world. There are no churches in Saudi Arabia, despite there being a large foreign worker community (e.g. 1.3m Filipinos work in the country, 90% of whom are allegedly Christian). You cannot become a citizen of Saudi Arabia unless you are a Muslim. Converts from the strict Wahhabi Sunni faith are executed (this includes converts to other Muslim denominations, such as Shia Islam). It is also alleged that 50 "Call and Guidance" centers employing 500 people operate around the country with the purpose of converting foreign workers to Islam, while proselytizing by non Muslims is illegal.

I believe that any change, even to a constitutional monarchy (from the current absolute monarchy) will be positive.
I'm a bit fearful of any type of unity that might jeopardize the peace of Israel. Of course when mankind get's together, it always ends up with disastrous consequences.. Even when we talk about democracy.

I use to not think this way, but I'm starting to see things differently now.

Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

I'm getting visions of Israeli fighter jets.. Don't know why except for this base in Syria that Iran is trying to build. Prophecy tells us that the attack should come from the north.

Seraph

Post by Seraph »

Good for Saudi Arabia, that area has needed stability since practically the beginning of humanity.

Of course, theres no telling that the newly created democracy won't be a highly corrupt one, like Iran.
I am committed to belief in God, as the most morally demanding, psychologically enriching, intellectually satisfying and imaginatively fruitful hypothesis about the ultimate nature of reality known to me - Keith Ward
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Gman wrote:There is some talk that Saudi Arabia could be the next country to fall to this democracy.. If so it could cause economic turmoil here in the states.

Beware..
Gman, what do you mean by :"fall to this democracy"? Do you mean fall to the U.S.?
I'm a bit fearful of any type of unity that might jeopardize the peace of Israel.
What peace of Israel are you referring to? Isn't Israel constantly being terrorized by muslims?
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

RickD wrote: Gman, what do you mean by :"fall to this democracy"? Do you mean fall to the U.S.?
Not exactly.. I'm not talking about the US. I'm talking about the democracy that is slowly starting to run the middle east. It's a different type of democracy than America where sometimes crazy people get elected.
What peace of Israel are you referring to? Isn't Israel constantly being terrorized by muslims?
True... Israel and Jews will always be persecuted because of the promises God made to them, but whenever there is this talk about a one world government, it historically always has dire consequences.. Case in point, Babylon.

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

True... Israel and Jews will always be persecuted because of the promises God made to them, but whenever there is this talk about a one world government, it historically always has dire consequences.. Case in point, Babylon.
I understand where you're coming from, but I'm still not sure what you mean by this:
I'm a bit fearful of any type of unity that might jeopardize the peace of Israel.
If Israel doesn't have peace now, and pretty much all of the mideast Muslim world doesn't even acknowledge Israel as a sovereign state, and have sworn out the destruction of Israel, doesn't it seem like there is no peace of Israel to be jeopardized?
RickD wrote:
Gman, what do you mean by :"fall to this democracy"? Do you mean fall to the U.S.?

Not exactly.. I'm not talking about the US. I'm talking about the democracy that is slowly starting to run the middle east. It's a different type of democracy than America where sometimes crazy people get elected.
I wasnt sure if you meant the U.S. Forcing their idea of democracy on Saudi Arabia.
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

RickD wrote:
If Israel doesn't have peace now, and pretty much all of the mideast Muslim world doesn't even acknowledge Israel as a sovereign state, and have sworn out the destruction of Israel, doesn't it seem like there is no peace of Israel to be jeopardized?
Believe me.. I know what's going on with Israel... What I'm saying here is what is going from bad to worse.. In fact I would advocate that democracy will be good for Israel first, then... Really bad. Perhaps I'll explain later in another post.

I wasnt sure if you meant the U.S. Forcing their idea of democracy on Saudi Arabia.
I don't think the US is forcing anything actually.. But yes democracy indirectly.

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Gman wrote:
RickD wrote:
Believe me.. I know what's going on with Israel... What I'm saying here is what is going from bad to worse.. In fact I would advocate that democracy will be good for Israel first, then... Really bad. Perhaps I'll explain later in another post.

I don't think the US is forcing anything actually.. But yes democracy indirectly.

Ok, Gman, gotcha. Just remember that God is in control, and ultimately what happens to Israel is in His hands. What so you believe the bible says is the ultimate fate of Israel?
M

-Edward R Murrow

Seraph

Post by Seraph »

The quality of life tends to be highest in nations with a democratic government. I'm not sure how a country recieving democracy could be a bad thing. Even if our economy took a slight hit, I'd be all for it if it meant that people who have known opression for all of their lives could be free from it.

As for if a prophesy in Revelation is going to be fulfilled as a result, it'll happen when it happens. No sense getting angsty over it.
I am committed to belief in God, as the most morally demanding, psychologically enriching, intellectually satisfying and imaginatively fruitful hypothesis about the ultimate nature of reality known to me - Keith Ward